• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Michael

Shabow has openly supported Israel Folau on Instagram and that should be cause to say see ya later. No room for intolerance and hate in this club or football in general.

Yeah saw that. Instant incredibly sour taste in my mouth. Fine a weeks wages at very least. What a cockwit.

All comes back to religion. -sigh-

Antlion

Shabow should probably be let go. Supporting a 'homosexuals will burn in hell' narrative as a professional sports player and role model in this day and age, in this society, entirely against the law to boot - it just can't be condoned by the club.

Ancient Mariner

Shabow should probably be let go. Supporting a 'homosexuals will burn in hell' narrative as a professional sports player and role model in this day and age, in this society, entirely against the law to boot - it just can't be condoned by the club.
Forget religion, forget inciting hate against minorities, forget bringing the Club into disrepute, Shabow should be let go because he is a crap Mulvey signing and no good, full stop.
The Club is mad if they let this opportunity go by.

Coastalraider

Sacking someone for speaking about their religious beliefs is a dangerous precedent as well. Folau had prior warnings.

I think it’s a dangerous, prehistoric and vile attitude for anyone to have, let alone promote via social channels, but in a country with freedom of religion, and a right to freedom of opinion and expression, we get very upset when someone speaks out against the norm.

Josho Howe

Sacking someone for speaking about their religious beliefs is a dangerous precedent as well. Folau had prior warnings.

I think it’s a dangerous, prehistoric and vile attitude for anyone to have, let alone promote via social channels, but in a country with freedom of religion, and a right to freedom of opinion and expression, we get very upset when someone speaks out against the norm.

It's 2019, you can't openly say what he said in public. Those prehistoric views have no place in modern society.

Antlion

I think you're well off the mark on this one Wombat. This is nothing to do with free speech or being pc - hate speech is intolerable and using religion as a 'reason' is simply not good enough

Insertnamehere

I think you're well off the mark on this one Wombat. This is nothing to do with free speech or being pc - hate speech is intolerable and using religion as a 'reason' is simply not good enough
I'm well over this garbage of impeding free speech. You can't just say or do whatever you want. Everything comes with responsibility. You want to live in a functioning society and not Gorokan then you need to consider others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred