• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Apparently he is a nice guy off the pitch.

It's hard to imagine, but a few players are like that...
The league needs villains, and I think Berisha is a great villain.

He's arrogant as all hell, but he can back that up with performance (though agree he's a bit risky that he might be on the decline now). And he's not too much of a prima donna - he'll actually get stuck in and create his own opportunities; too many pussy strikers expect to just fall over the ball and score a goal after everybody around them does all their work.

contrary to an earlier comment, I actually think he's cut the diving out of his game. He can be a bit dirty sometimes, but not to the point where he actually goes out to hurt anybody. So all things considered, he's a player I 'love to hate'.

To explain my point, Muscat wasn't a good villain for the game because he deliberately injured people. I hate divers, so for me being a big diver (Brosque, Fornarolling) eliminates them from being a 'positive villain' for me. Berisha is the sort of player everybody loves to hate but he doesn't really do much that's all that terrible.

And he really is passionate about his performance, club and the fans.

But anyway, we've hired too many players past their prime in the last few years. Too many 'they might come good' players too.....

nebakke

Apparently he is a nice guy off the pitch.

It's hard to imagine, but a few players are like that...

I have my doubts tbh... I'm sure he's decent enough to the fans etc, but he was booted from SønderjyskE for punching a team mate, apparently there were issues with his self-control at Randers and there were definitely issues between him and team mates at Roar as well, and don't even get started on his challenging players to fight in the tunnel etc... I imagine he takes a buttload of managing as well which would make him even less of a good fit.

sydmariner

Im happy to fight him once a week (3 x 3 mins rds) to keep him in check. If he is cool ....then no sparring. If he is the usual Scummer dickhead then we spar.
If he doesnt learn he can spar my son for extra education. Although i cant think of a scummer than can hold his hands up.
Roy

MagpieMariner

I heard the TV commentators saying the Snake is in contract discussions with the Scum. If he can't come to terms, would we have him back? Let's face it, we need someone who can score regularly, and he hasn't seen red this season (yet). Of course, the other side of the question is, would he want to come back?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I heard the TV commentators saying the Snake is in contract discussions with the Scum. If he can't come to terms, would we have him back? Let's face it, we need someone who can score regularly, and he hasn't seen red this season (yet). Of course, the other side of the question is, would he want to come back?
Roy can f**k right off. Filthiest player in the league. Pretty much the only player who deliberately tries to hurt other players.

I don't care if he scores 20 goals a season - I'm happy to not have him tainting the yellow and navy. I still have too much pride in the club.

Last edited:

Big Al

We has suspended for the first half of the year for the grand final kick so that kept him clean of red cards for a few weeks

Last edited:

sydmariner

Roy joy for Jets as O'Donovan looks to future

Newcastle Jets fans can head into the weekend’s fixtures buoyed by the news that hotshot Roy O’Donovan is keen to extend his stay in the Hunter Valley.

Top scorer for the Jets in what has been a largely disappointing campaign, O’Donovan has found the net eight times so far and is on target to eclipse his 2017/18 total of nine.

His current deal with the Newcastle club comes to an end this season, but the former Sunderland, Coventry City and Central Coast Mariners man has revealed he is hoping to put pen-to-paper on a new contract.

MATCH PREVIEW: Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers
READ: 'We're ahead of just about every other club," says Ernie Merrick
NAB YOUNG PLAYER: Wanderers Baccus is March nominee

“I love Newcastle – it’s been great to me. The people have been great and the football club has been fantastic," he said.

“This season, results-wise, has been frustrating, but myself and my family have really loved our time here. Australia’s been good to me, I can apply to be a citizen in May.

“We are permanent residents at the moment, so I think it’s the logical next step and after football, even, we can make a home and life here.

“We’re negotiating [over a new contract], and if we can meet somewhere in the middle then great, but it’s an ongoing process.”

O%20Donovan%20scores.jpg

Putting Wanderers to the sword in Round 17
Wanderers up next
With their slim hopes of making the top six all but extinguished, the Jets play host to Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday evening (kick-off 5.35pm AEDT) aiming to finish the campaign on a high.

A repeat of their last meeting would do nicely for O’Donovan and co. – the Jets won 5-1 at the ANZ Stadium in February - with the Irish striker scoring twice.

WATCH: O'Donovan scores twice against Western Sydney Wanderers in February
But the Wanderers have enjoyed something of a resurgence since then, losing only once in six matches and beating Melbourne City 3-0 last time out.

“We’ve got to be upbeat and positive this weekend,” O’Donovan said.

“It’s a good game for us in front of our home fans and they deserve to see us play our best stuff.

On our best days we’re pretty good, so we’re all hoping and praying that tomorrow is one of our best days.

“Western Sydney Wanderers are confident. They’re winning games, they’ll come up here with a bit of confidence and swagger, and we have to match that.”

MagpieMariner

Right, that looks like he wouldn't want to come back to us. I must admit I don't think we could afford someone who'd probably spend half the season suspended.

Antlion

Royo can score goals...but not a good cultural fit for us any longer.
Annual ten game suspensions isn't good role modelling for the local kids

pjennings

Abraham Majok is reportedly finalising a contract to join us next season. Haven't really watched him this season but looked decent with the Olyroos

Coastalraider

Abraham Majok is reportedly finalising a contract to join us next season. Haven't really watched him this season but looked decent with the Olyroos

Sounds about right.

With this, and Ingham, sounds like we are well on the way to creating another team out of other people’s bench players.

turbo

With this, and Ingham, sounds like we are well on the way to creating another team out of other people’s bench players.

Can’t say I’m enthused with the idea of getting Majok but as a sub or squad player he might be ok assuming the price is right. But we need a decent striker signing if anything is to turn around next year. Simon should at best be a bench player so where do we find a quality striker? Probably have to look for an import.

Big Al

Has the touch of a donkey. Athletically gifted and gets into good position but no touch at all. Very poor mans Kenny Aithu. Kekeris and Murray are 10 x better. Terrible recruitment.

The giraffe version of Appiah

Big Al

Royo can score goals...but not a good cultural fit for us any longer.
Annual ten game suspensions isn't good role modelling for the local kids
With what our captain did for no punishment cultural fit is not a concern.

Despite missing the start of the season he’d be close to double our leading goal scorer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred