• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Hoole in the Barossa Valley ...geez they find him floating in a vat with a lilo and a really efficient straw instead of going to training

Michael

Jem’s done an interview and said talks over staying here have started. The same article stated that he’s “on loan from Millwall”..... Australian football journalism. Sigh

Forum Phoenix

Jem’s done an interview and said talks over staying here have started. The same article stated that he’s “on loan from Millwall”..... Australian football journalism. Sigh
Stay here as in Australia with his mate down the road... or here with us?

pjennings

“We’ll see what happens”: Mariners gun not ruling out extended stay in warmer climes

He’s had a successful career playing in one of the world’s toughest leagues but on-loan Central Coast Mariners midfielder Jem Karacan says the Hyundai A-League has presented its own sort of challenges.

The 30-year old, on-loan from Championship side Millwall, admitted he had struggled with the heat upon arriving in Australia in January.

“It’s been different everywhere I’ve been,” Karacan told www.a-league.com.au.

“The Championship is relentless, two games a week, 46 games a season, it’s 27 here.

“It’s a bit nicer having less games but the games are end to end here so it’s been tough with the heat, the climate is definitely different.

“First couple of games I had it was over 30 degrees so I was struggling really to acclimatise myself with it but luckily enough the weather has been cooler recently so I’ve been able to adjust and I’m feeling a lot better and fitter.”

The English-born Turkish youth international has made an immediate impact since arriving down under and scored his first goal in the Mariners’ emotional F3 Derby win in Round 22.

Not content with warming the pine in England’s second tier, Karacan leapt at the opportunity to ply his trade halfway across the world, hoping it would inject some more life into his career.

“I just want to start enjoying my football again,” he explained.

“I got the opportunity to come over here and I could have done the easy thing and stayed in England but I wanted to challenge myself and it’s been tough but good.

“I’ve been enjoying myself and we got the win on the weekend, it’s one performance and we haven’t got enough all season so hopefully we can finish the season stronger.”

In fact, Hyundai A-League fans may even see Karacan back in Mariners colours next season, though the man himself is being careful not to reveal too much.

“Obviously I’m out of contract,” Karacan said.

“There’s been initial discussions but the club’s in a bit of a different position at the moment with a different manager and I think there will be changes to the structure of the club so we’ll see what happens.

“My job is to just keep playing the games and doing the job on the pitch.”

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/we...un-not-ruling-out-extended-stay-warmer-climes

turbo

Stay here as in Australia with his mate down the road... or here with us?
I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen, a lot of the early language in interviews suggested we were a bit of an audition. They'll probably send us DDS back as well. Under performing for the cap space he occupies in a team that likes to stack it's starting 11 so our problem to deal with.

Michael

I took it with a pinch of salt but feel like he’s waiting for a permanent manager. Then he’ll decide.
Brillante is now being linked with west Melb so Jem will probably replace him. Unfortunately.

I expect DDS to come back then probably mutually terminate or pay out his own contract. He won’t play for us again, obviously.

pjennings

I took it with a pinch of salt but feel like he’s waiting for a permanent manager. Then he’ll decide.
Brillante is now being linked with west Melb so Jem will probably replace him. Unfortunately.

I expect DDS to come back then probably mutually terminate or pay out his own contract. He won’t play for us again, obviously.

He pays it out for mine or he gets sold OS or loaned out again. No mutual termination - that just rewards his actions

Antlion

Limbo time. While Stajcic gets his crack they won't be locking down a new manager signing which means few to no player signings. Methinks.

turbo

Limbo time. While Stajcic gets his crack they won't be locking down a new manager signing which means few to no player signings. Methinks.
With Phelan here now it might be a good time for him to assess Staj in person and decide if they want to extend the deal. A lot of the language used and other factors like moving up here suggests it will be a longer term deal unless something isnt right. They were careful to explicitly say it was about the rest of the season but between the lines suggests otherwise.

pjennings

Spoke to Alen yesterday. He says his job at the moment is just to win games. Retention and recruitment are 'above his pay grade at the moment'.

The 'at the moment' indicates to me that he is keen to stay. The "above his pay grade" comment points to Phelan controlling things at the moment. I'd expect some movement (whether announced or not) this week before he returns to Manchester.

Antlion

Spoke to Alen yesterday. He says his job at the moment is just to win games. Retention and recruitment are 'above his pay grade at the moment'.

The 'at the moment' indicates to me that he is keen to stay. The "above his pay grade" comment points to Phelan controlling things at the moment. I'd expect some movement (whether announced or not) this week before he returns to Manchester.
That would be good.

Also I think Alen has the potential to be excellent. But I thought that about Okon so once bitten twice shy sort of thing.

nebakke

I reckon a conditional decision will be in place this week, but I doubt it it'll be announced - I'd expect it to be conditional on the performance for the rest of the season - if he takes one or two more wins and seems to gel with the change room, I'd expect him to be announced towards the end of the season - assuming he'd be interested in staying as well of course... But I'd be surprised and perhaps a bit concerned, if we announced him this week. It'd be nice to see a minimum of due dilligence done before committing.
If we do commit - in spite of the last couple of seasons, I'd hope it'd be for at least a couple of years though...

turbo

if he takes one or two more wins and seems to gel with the change room
I don't think it would be right to expect much from the next 5 games, especially when they include two against the top 3 and an improving city side. It should be more about how organised we are off the pitch, what we're doing with our tactics and the kind of fight we put up rather than the points. That said some wins or draws would strengthen the case to keep him on.

Antlion

I don't think it would be right to expect much from the next 5 games, especially when they include two against the top 3 and an improving city side. It should be more about how organised we are off the pitch, what we're doing with our tactics and the kind of fight we put up rather than the points. That said some wins or draws would strengthen the case to keep him on.
Totally agree. Regardless of who the gaffer is we aren't likely to get many points out of the next 5 games. I just want to see a clear and intelligent plan for structures, actual game plans, some fluid tactical nous during games and evidence that players are improving from training sessions. Short time frame to see it in but if it is clearly evident I'll take that regardless of results. Excepting batterings, obviously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred