• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

turbo

CCM were about to offer a lot more than what he signed with the Jets for as well, right?
Thats what Mulvey said. Could have been mind games or the truth, not many will really know. There could have been valid non financial reasons behind a switch or not waiting and considering their offer and if thats all clear and above board its fine. They could have weighed the jets offer against offers from other clubs if they had been tabled. The PFA seems to have a bit of pull so no doubt they could assist if he feels like anything is off with the way things went down.

NoDiggity

Hoole has just taken a road trip up to Byron Bay. Doesn’t look like he’ll be at training this week, wonder if he’s been told he’s no longer wanted? I have heard players are due back at training tomorrow, happy to be corrected if someone knows any different though.
Tommy H is in Tasmania & gem is in NZ, they might have the whole week off but I’m not sure

turbo

they might have the whole week off but I’m not sure
Strange, I thought the international window would benefit us the most and let us get in more time with Staj to prepare for Adelaide, but instead they're having time off. It's not like we need to worry about burning out for the finals.

pjennings

Yep. Keep him up the other end. He is great driving forward.
I'm not sure how I would feel about him staying. Reminds me of Stevie G going to Chelsea before pulling the plug on that move. I think I lie in the "you made your decision - stick with it" camp.

If he does stay it needs to be RM or RW. He has never convinced defensively.

Kareem

I'm not sure how I would feel about him staying. Reminds me of Stevie G going to Chelsea before pulling the plug on that move. I think I lie in the "you made your decision - stick with it" camp.

Differences being that
1) Gerrard was a superstar of English football. He was too good for a lacklustre Liverpool side.

2) But when he changed his mind (after becoming worried about the fan reaction from memory), he was still a Liverpool hero, with a lasting legacy that was able to overshadow his moment of temporary betrayal.

Millar has only a handful of impresisve performances to balance out his betrayal.

It's easier to forgive a club legend compared to a newbie...

Wombat

Hoole has just taken a road trip up to Byron Bay. Doesn’t look like he’ll be at training this week, wonder if he’s been told he’s no longer wanted? I have heard players are due back at training tomorrow, happy to be corrected if someone knows any different though.

Probably going to Nimbin.

Josho Howe

I reacted poorly to the Millar signing for scum news but l definitely do regret it now as it seems like it was all Rallis

Forum Phoenix

Strange, I thought the international window would benefit us the most and let us get in more time with Staj to prepare for Adelaide, but instead they're having time off. It's not like we need to worry about burning out for the finals.

I think for many families of players this would be a planned window of time together or going away etc long before the current situation and it’s potential needs arose. And offsets compromises they make at other times like Xmas and New Years.

Forum Phoenix

I reacted poorly to the Millar signing for scum news but l definitely do regret it now as it seems like it was all Rallis

Said it at the time re agents. But it sounded to some like I was making excuses for him.

I wasn’t. He still agreed. But early career players are obviously not in positions of power or knowledge for the most part. Which is why I’m so down on the seeming lack of what I consider good values shown by some agents.

Antlion

This article is about Adelaide but applies equally to us

Recruiting options abound for next Reds coach
March 19, 2019
Adelaide United’s incoming coach will have room to rebuild the squad in their vision, as well as the pick of more than 100 A-League free agents, when they replace Marco Kurz.

The new manager, who would move into the hot seat next season after Kurz was not offered an extended deal, might be without up to seven currently off-contract Reds players.

Add to that the already confirmed departure of striker Apostolos Stamatelopoulos at the end of the campaign and the boss-to-be would have considerable scope to bring in fresh blood.

United’s clean slate reflected a competition-wide trend of clubs leaving their options open as the season entered its home straight.

According to a study by The Advertiser, 101 senior players’ deals were due to expire in June.

This ranged from Melbourne City, which had six players with first-team experience set to come off contract, to Brisbane Roar, which had a whopping 18.

The uncertainty opened up a wealth of recruitment options for the Reds’ playing list, provided the club’s owners backed their new coach in tabling financially attractive offers.

United had scored just 27 goals this summer, equalling the bottom-placed Central Coast Mariners for the worst return in the league.

SA-born playmaker James Troisi would surely consider a return home as his Melbourne Victory contract neared conclusion.

The 37-cap Socceroo would add a much-needed eye-for-goal to the Reds’ attack, along with the creativity to carve out openings, given his league-high eight assists this term.

Golden Boot leader Roy Krishna (15 goals) would be a dream pick-up for United, but was sure to be in hot demand with his Wellington deal set to run down.

A more realistic option for Adelaide might be Western Sydney’s out-of-contract Dutch midfielder Roly Bonevacia, who had seven strikes and six assists in a struggling team.

Andrew Hoole had fallen out of favour at Central Coast, but would be an interesting option after demonstrating his talent with a brilliant long-range goal against the Reds in January.

8a120456318fdef59d544112dfef5e76

Melbourne City centre back Bart Schenkeveld was out of contract in the A-League off-season. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images
Creative talents Eric Bautheac, of Brisbane, and Ronald Vargas, of Newcastle Jets, would also be quality additions, albeit with considerably higher wage demands.

United had been hampered by a lack of defensive stocks this season, after selling Taylor Regan left it with just two recognised centre backs.

Bart Schenkeveld had shone at the heart of Melbourne City’s defence since arriving in the A-League from Holland two seasons ago and was yet to commit for next campaign.

Perth Glory’s Australian international stopper Matthew Spiranovic was another possible high-profile target for Adelaide.

The Reds still hoped to tie impressive winger Nikola Mileusnic and standout left back Scott Galloway to new deals for 2019/20.

Veteran midfielder Vince Lia’s versatility made him another strong candidate to extend his stay, but Danish attacker Ken Ilso’s days might be numbered due to limited game-time.

Youngsters Kristin Konstandopoulos and Lachlan Brook would hope for more chances to prove themselves, while long-term injury victim Baba Diawara appeared set for the exit door.

OFF-CONTRACT A-LEAGUE PLAYERS
Melbourne City — six players

Potential Reds target: Bart Schenkeveld

Newcastle Jets — 7

Potential Reds target: Ronald Vargas

Sydney FC — 7

Potential Reds target: Jop van der Linden

Adelaide United — 7

Melbourne Victory — 9

Potential Reds target: James Troisi

Perth Glory — 11

Potential Reds target: Matthew Spiranovic

Western Sydney Wanderers — 11

Potential Reds target: Roly Bonevacia

Wellington Phoenix — 12

Potential Reds target: Roy Krishna

Central Coast Mariners — 13

Potential Reds target: Andrew Hoole

Brisbane Roar — 18

Potential Reds target: Eric Bautheac

Originally published as

https://outline.com/c3WrmH

Antlion

This was from 3 months ago and I'm sure many have been re-signed by their clubs or signed on elsewhere, but gives an indication of who could be available:
https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/th...uld-leave-your-club/i78ukw362tvx1gdoyf954yjce

Every off-contract Adelaide United player: Lachlan Brook, Papa Baba Diawara, Scott Galloway, Kristin Konstandopoulos, Ken Ilso, Vince Lia, Michael Marrone, Nikola Mileusnic, Taylor Regan

Every off-contract Brisbane Roar player: Bryce Bafford, Jay Barnett, Eric Bautheac, Daniel Bowles, Shannon Brady, Joe Caletti, Henrique, Luke De Vere, Brett Holman, Thomas Kristensen, Alex Lopez, Matthew McKay, Tobias Mikkelsen, Stefan Nigro, Avram Papadopoulos, Jacob Pepper, Dylan Wenzel Halls, Brendan White

Every off-contract Central Coast Mariners player: Adam Berry, Kalifa Cisse, Jack Clisby, Corey Gameiro, Joe Gauci, Antony Golec, Tom Hiariej, Andrew Hoole, Peter Kekeris, Ben Kennedy, Joshua MacDonald, Matthew Millar, Jordan Murray, Connor Pain, Adam Pearce, Kye Rowles, Mario Shabow

Every off-contract Melbourne City player: Joshua Cavallo, James Delianov, Bruno Fornaroli, Eugene Galekovic, Curtis Good, Iacopo La Rocca, Osama Malik, Ramy Najjarine, Dylan Pierias, Bart Schenkeveld, Dario Vidosic

Every off-contract Melbourne Victory player: Rahmat Akbari, Kosta Barbarouses, Leigh Broxham, Keisuke Honda, Joshua Hope, Jai Ingham, Georg Niedermeier, Nicholas Sette, James Troisi, Carl Valeri

Every off-contract Newcastle Jets player: Jake Adelson, Mitchell Austin, Jair, Nicholas Cowburn, Daniel Georgievski, Lewis Italiano, Lachlan Jackson, Noah James, John Koutroumbis, Patrick Langlois, Glen Moss, Roy O’Donovan, Kaine Sheppard, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Ronald Vargas

Every off-contract Perth Glory player: Jake Brimmer, Diego Castro, Joel Chianese, Jason Davidson, Dino Djulbic, Fabio Ferreira, Andrew Keogh, Liam Reddy, Brendon Santalab, Walter Scott, Matthew Spiranovic, Callum Timmins, Tando Velaphi

Every off-contract Sydney FC player: Joshua Brillante, Alex Brosque, Aaron Calver, Alex Cisak, Cameron Devlin, Rhyan Grant, Joel King, Charles Lokoli Ngoy, Brandon O’Neill, Jerry Skotadis, Ryan Teague, Marco Tilio, Jop Van Der Linden, Christopher Zuvela

Every off-contract Wellington Phoenix player: Max Burgess, Nathan Burns, Thomas Doyle, Andrew Durante, Callan Elliot, Louis Fenton, Dylan Fox, Roy Krishna, Filip Kurto, Ryan Lowry, Mitchell Nichols, Alex Rufer, Oliver Sail, Sarpreet Singh, Armando Sosa Pena, Steven Taylor, Reuben Way, David Williams

Every off-contract Western Sydney Wanderers player: Keanu Baccus, Alexander Baumjohann, Roly Bonevacia, Mark Bridge, Brendan Hamill, Raul Llorente, Rashid Mahazi, Manyiel Riel Majok, Oriol Riera, Joshua Risdon, John Roberts, Lachlan Scott, Jaushua Sotirio, Marc Tokich

turbo

Andrew Hoole had fallen out of favour at Central Coast, but would be an interesting option after demonstrating his talent with a brilliant long-range goal against the Reds in January.

I wonder if stepping out of the area would be good for him, from what I see he's been with the jets, us and Sydney. Moving him out of his familiar area and possibly social circles might be worth a gamble. Takes away some distractions or influences and maybe break some bad habits off the pitch.

Pirate Pete

I wonder if stepping out of the area would be good for him, from what I see he's been with the jets, us and Sydney. Moving him out of his familiar area and possibly social circles might be worth a gamble. Takes away some distractions or influences and maybe break some bad habits off the pitch.
And there was me thinking it would be nice and close to the Barossa Valley.
Not forgetting Coopers Brewery.

Pirate Pete

Another thing that was mentioned during the game was that there were players allegedly signing for the new Melbourne team.
One of the commentators put the question "do do they know who their coach will be"?
Seems a bit strange as it seems to be that players sign for certain coaches.

After the Millar issue was posted here I had a look at the Jesters forum. Someone mentioned the rumour was started by a 14 year old
who runs the facebook page. Not sure how true that is.
But given all the media attention around the deal I wonder if Millar would have a get out.
Perhaps mislead by agent? Agent didn't go back to the Mariners to get a counter offer.
Deal not in the best interest of the player.

And with that long list of off contract players. That was a thing Mulvey spoke about. Players being on their 4th or 5th club.
That was a reason we were supposed to be looking at the NPL amongst other places.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred