• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

adz

Staff member
Probably a good reason for having multiple people sign off on new players, instead of just the coach. Reduces the potential for "kick backs".
I don't understand how hiring of players could be left to one person anyway.
Ridiculous.

style_cafe

I don’t think it’s that black and white, there were some very valid reasons for wanting the move but I don’t see how things went down giving the best possible outcome for Matt which should be his priority.
Can’t expect more from the Jets. They did the minimum they needed to and didn’t have their player unnecessarily bid up - that’s the agents job not theirs.
The interesting bit will be if any more of his clients sign with the jets for next year.

I hope they do.
They deserve each other....:popcorn:

Insertnamehere

Interesting to note the dog whistling re playing foreign young blokesinyhe pre game.
May have been spoke about buy perhaps they're in the squad because agents were causing us issues.

shipwreck

Can we get Jem on a longer deal? Fmd imagine having him as captain every week. Haven’t seen someone that passionate (and useful...Matty...) in a long time.
He did more for the F3 derby in one game than any mariners player has in the last 5 years, and I'm including Matty in that.

pjennings

Interesting to note the dog whistling re playing foreign young blokesinyhe pre game.
May have been spoke about buy perhaps they're in the squad because agents were causing us issues.

Or simply pointed out the average age of the squad today was a touch under 23 with an 18 yo English CB Graham, an 18 yo keeper Gauci, 3 19 tear olds in Nisbet, Kekeris and Millar, 2 20 year olds in Mallon and Shabow ,2 22 year olds in Miller and Aspro and 2 23yo in Melling and Murray.

Everyone complains that young players don't get a go in the HAL but we had 11 of the 16 23 or younger today.

Everyone also complains about NPL players not getting a look in. Murray, Millar and Gauci all played NPL last season.

Pirate Pete

I didn't see the pre game but they said during the game it should have been two Aussie 18 year olds playing or words to that effect.
Really the same could be said of Le Fronde or Honda. A couple of young Aussies could be in their places.
Or even that Irish thug at the jests is keeping an Aussie out.

nebakke

1 or 2 more wins/draws will significantly improve our chance of recruiting genuine starting players rather than all the other clubs bench/squad players.

Yeah, you gotta think that in fact if we could piece together a semi respectable run to the end of the season we might suddenly have a shot as an interesting signing option courtesy of being the comeback story for next year...

God the hope that one win can inspire!!!

innconu

The person who keeps banging on about the Sheffield players should be Australian's is Robbie Slater. But we all know he is still Butt Hurt about us dropping his son. He has the shits that after we booted him and then the Smurfs booted him he is stuck in the North Shore Mariners and he thinks he should be in our team instead.

Tell him he's dreamin

shipwreck

Would love it if some of the passion and comradery that was oozing out of Jem tonight as he faced our biggest scummy rivals would prompting to sign on so he can beat them again with us.

Insertnamehere

I didn't see the pre game but they said during the game it should have been two Aussie 18 year olds playing or words to that effect.
Really the same could be said of Le Fronde or Honda. A couple of young Aussies could be in their places.
Or even that Irish thug at the jests is keeping an Aussie out.
I'd prefer it to be Aussies.
Point 1 if there aren't any Aussie kids, AVAILABLE, to us how can we play them?
Point 2 if someone like Rallis thinks he owns us, why should we play his clients.
Point 3 we have to get players from somewhere if an agent shuts us out.
IMO the English boys have added value. Albeit not a lot.
BUT
I'd like to Glassock get a run as I believe it'll be his last season with us if he doesn't get a contract.
AND
Kek should get some time too, as he's show enough for me.

FFC Mariner

Glassock is a better footballer than Graham - he is simply terrible.

Mallon is a good young player who deserves his spot.

pjennings

Glassock is a better footballer than Graham - he is simply terrible.

Mallon is a good young player who deserves his spot.

It's a tough gig being a CB with the Mariners this season. TBH I want Glassock to play and win with the NPL2 side - not be traumitised and lose confidence from bad experiences this season. I do want him in the squad next season.

LFCMariners

Considering:

a) The 8-2 thrashing on the weekend
b) Staj feeling he's got a point to prove and,
c) The general record of teams in their first game under a new manager...

I reckon there's a fair chance CCM may snag win #2 this weekend. And it couldn't happen against a more deserving bunch. It would effectively end their finals defence- the same way CCM ended their GF defence the last time around in '08...

*BUMP*

FFC Mariner

We were watching Graham - if he looks along the line, he looks the wrong way. Snake got the wrong side of him for 90 minutes because his positioning is terrible, sooner he is gone the better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred