• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Ancient Mariner

:goodpost:
Well worth reading.

The bit that concerned me is that the Club, the Coach and Rallis sat down to put together a squad. I imagine the Club was probably Shaun and Monty.
Dumb, dumb and dumber.

An agent represents his players and in theory does what is best for them. But in fact the agent's main responsibility is to look after himself. In most cases both the player and the agent can both benefit. But any agent will look after themselves first.

A distant last in consideration is the Club If you have the agent as part of the team putting the squad together, you get what you deserve and CCM got what they deserved. Corey Gamiero, need I say more.

Thank goodness they have learned. It was a very important step forward when Shaun stated selecting a squad would not be left mainly in the hands of the coach, which they have done in the past. I don't know how many people heard that in his address.

The Coach can put forward what sort of player he wants or even an individual, the agent can offer his list of wares, then the Director of Football sits down with his retention and recruitment committee, which may include the coach, and work out the best fit.

No way should an agent be involved.

turbo

The agent stuff comes across quite sleazy and you have to question who wins. If you say I can get you X but you'll need to take Y and Z (lesser players from their portfolio) there is a huge conflict of interest because X isnt getting as strong a team as they could possibly get. Maybe that's how the game works and it comes and goes around - sometimes you're the attraction other times you're the baggage, but it seems like a minefield to me with the last person that should have the power holding the chips.

Michael

Yeah the fact that Rallis was involved in the squad build meetings is laughable.

This is why a larger backroom football department is crucial. Hire a couple scouts. Remember a few years ago the club did a press release saying we had some scouts? Kwassie was one, David Mitchell I think was another. What happened to that and what came of it? Oh absolutely nothing? Yeah sounds right.
If Mike Phelan is our sporting director aka director of football aka head of recruitment and scouting. He needs to f**king be here and present when building the squad for next season. Use his uk connections as scouts etc.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
after reading that , I pity any of Rallis’s portfolio, cause I certainly wouldn’t be hiring any of them ever again ...period

nebakke

after reading that , I pity any of Rallis’s portfolio, cause I certainly wouldn’t be hiring any of them ever again ...period

I seem to recall that we've been through this sort of shit with him in the past too, with Storm amongst others.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Pretty much exactly what I feared/expected.

The reason we’re getting so many one year deals is due to our terrible results, even though there’s only 9 professional clubs in the country, agents can now leverage our lowly status and make us pay overs and force us into one year deals that give us no security in retention or building long term but will let them make more money on fees whether they stay or go. Bit Mulvey in the ass. Bet he wishes he had a two year contract.

Professional sports people need agents to help provide opportunities, handle negotiations and legals etc for them. But the issue here is they’re clearly becoming brokers. Happened in the US, doesn’t surprise it’s happening here.

Their only loyalty is to the bottom line. But that neatly converts to, every evil and transgression I do is to help my client, so thereby I’m actually doing the right thing.

But it’s a screwed up value system. Like a parasite that kills its own host.

Players need money. But they also need to feel they’re honourable good people and be given secure, healthy environments to grow and achieve in.

I personally don’t think Millars considerable drop in form is a coincidence. Just shows he’s got a conscience.

Throw in Gameiro, the Bolt show, McCormack debacle... and Rallis really f**ked over Mulvey and us.

To be clear I’m not excusing Mike. Still too many decisions that were his that failed.

Wombat

Pretty much exactly what I feared/expected.

The reason we’re getting so many one year deals is due to our terrible results, even though there’s only 9 professional clubs in the country, agents can now leverage our lowly status and make us pay overs and force us into one year deals that give us no security in retention or building long term but will let them make more money on fees whether they stay or go. Bit Mulvey in the ass. Bet he wishes he had a two year contract.

Professional sports people need agents to help provide opportunities, handle negotiations and legals etc for them. But the issue here is they’re clearly becoming brokers. Happened in the US, doesn’t surprise it’s happening here.

Their only loyalty is to the bottom line. But that neatly converts to, every evil and transgression I do is to help my client, so thereby I’m actually doing the right thing.

But it’s a screwed up value system. Like a parasite that kills its own host.

Players need money. But they also need to feel they’re honourable good people and be given secure, healthy environments to grow and achieve in.

I personally don’t think Millars considerable drop in form is a coincidence. Just shows he’s got a conscience.

Throw in Gameiro, the Bolt show, McCormack debacle... and Rallis really f**ked over Mulvey and us.

To be clear I’m not excusing Mike. Still too many decisions that were his that failed.

We need to go to negotiation school. 1 year deals are folly apart from in the case of a crock like Gameiro.

soccer mad

Maybe this is
Well worth reading.

The bit that concerned me is that the Club, the Coach and Rallis sat down to put together a squad. I imagine the Club was probably Shaun and Monty.
Dumb, dumb and dumber.

An agent represents his players and in theory does what is best for them. But in fact the agent's main responsibility is to look after himself. In most cases both the player and the agent can both benefit. But any agent will look after themselves first.

A distant last in consideration is the Club If you have the agent as part of the team putting the squad together, you get what you deserve and CCM got what they deserved. Corey Gamiero, need I say more.

Thank goodness they have learned. It was a very important step forward when Shaun stated selecting a squad would not be left mainly in the hands of the coach, which they have done in the past. I don't know how many people heard that in his address.

The Coach can put forward what sort of player he wants or even an individual, the agent can offer his list of wares, then the Director of Football sits down with his retention and recruitment committee, which may include the coach, and work out the best fit.

Maybe this is why we got the two boys from Sheffield sick of negotiating with these sharks called Agents this could have an adv
Well worth reading.

Dumb, dumb and dumber.

Maybe this is explains why we got the two boys from Sheffield sick of negotiating with these cowboy agents . This could have an adverse effect on local talent the backlash being the clubs putting in money and resources and time nurturing good talent only to be left empty handed witch we have already experienced.

Antlion

I can confirm from and extremely reliable source that the Rallis stuff is true. He definitely put the squeeze on to have his players favoured

scottmac

Suspended
I can confirm from and extremely reliable source that the Rallis stuff is true. He definitely put the squeeze on to have his players favoured
Is hoole from the ralis stable? If not then it's not surprising someone like him lost it at that point. Also another coin drop in regards to the treatment of God . after this year id be pressing for no players with that agent.

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
What a dickhead. Then again if the system is set up that way why not do everything you can for your client? And then back on the club, cant they just turn around and say f**k off then, not dealing with pricks like you. Or is there a shortage of players and agents? Thought this was the World Game, you would think we can just tell this moron to f**k off?

pjennings

What a dickhead. Then again if the system is set up that way why not do everything you can for your client? And then back on the club, cant they just turn around and say f**k off then, not dealing with pricks like you. Or is there a shortage of players and agents? Thought this was the World Game, you would think we can just tell this moron to f**k off?

How many of the Aussies overseas that are coming off contract have him as an agent? Hopefully not many. As for NPL players - maybe he concentrates more on NSW NPL so the VIC NPL may be another place to look.

Wombat

f**k this faggot. We tell him what we are offering.....or contact the player directly (its very easy).......2 or 3 year deal....yes or no?.....lets face its most of our players are desperados anyway....where is the argument gonna come from?.....no Liverpool are looking at him.....ok....tell him to take a scouse to English translator with him or wake up.

NoDiggity

Do you everything for your client to an extent. Matt Millar is his client and he pushed hard to move him to the scummers because he gets a cut of the new deal. Stay with CCM and he gets nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred