• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Wombat

I remember when Ferguson used to run the training sessions for McKinna.

We was fearsome and everything was done at pace.

Reactions: adz

Insertnamehere

Lachie played a major hand in both city goals tonight. Confidently running at a player, beating them and quality pass to put in a team mate.
Been playing pretty consistently so far too.

Wasn’t worth a “punt” on a two year deal though.
Literally just read a fox article about Mulvey saying the club hasn't given kids a go over the last 6 years....
Lachie, budgie, we give them a go. It's just the manager has been a spud and the club disrespects them in contract talks.

turbo

I’ve got no doubt Wales would have been fighting to make the bench in our squad and getting minimal game time. Going to city is looking like a great move for him.

Michael

Mcbreen just went in on the club about the same youth subject. I’d be getting Macca in on the coaching staff. Hutchison was at our last home game having a watch, probably embarrassed. Get him in too. Give these f**king players a kick up the arse and probably convince Mulvey to pick the best team.

They then said, if Wellington have to meet certain criteria to stay in the comp then so do we.

They aren’t really wrong.

Michael

I’ve got no doubt Wales would have been fighting to make the bench in our squad and getting minimal game time. Going to city is looking like a great move for him.

Ya kidding yourself.

As hard as pain is working and playing well this season in this piss weak team, Wales is miles ahead in every aspect of wing play. And general technique. And consistently performing in a better team. And can play upfront and at 10 (a position we barely have one player to fill)

Wales would have started every week for us.

Insertnamehere

Mcbreen just went in on the club about the same youth subject. I’d be getting Macca in on the coaching staff. Hutchison was at our last home game having a watch, probably embarrassed. Get him in too. Give these f**king players a kick up the arse and probably convince Mulvey to pick the best team.

They then said, if Wellington have to meet certain criteria to stay in the comp then so do we.

They aren’t really wrong.
FFA don't take money from NZ amateur clubs but they take from every coastie player. They owe us more than the Nux.
Not to mention we've actually had winning seasons, won a comp, a flag, have a heap of players we developed in the NT also we have higher avg attendances and usually memberships.
Our metrics are miles ahead of the nux.

Rowdy

... flag, actually a Cup (Pre-Season) ;)

But your 100% on the money.

We were given a gauranteed 10 year licence ..... IT'S OUR SAVING GRACE !!
- or more importantly Charlesworth's.

If he wants to capitalise on his investment up till now, then he's just going to have to:

'Spend another dollar, to make a dollar more"

Rowdy

Semantics
Nah, not semantics.

We cant have AFL Ping-Pong vernacular cross-over & mutilate the linguistics of The World Game. ;)

aflflag.jpg

Leave that to Brenton Speed, he's doing a fine job at that !!
- referencing any sport he can clutch at whilst calling a Football game. :rolleyes:

Scotty

FFA don't take money from NZ amateur clubs but they take from every coastie player. They owe us more than the Nux.
Not to mention we've actually had winning seasons, won a comp, a flag, have a heap of players we developed in the NT also we have higher avg attendances and usually memberships.
Our metrics are miles ahead of the nux.
That was then, this is now unfortunately. I fear we will be in the FFA's gun barrel sights if we don't improve our current metrics.

Insertnamehere

That was then, this is now unfortunately. I fear we will be in the FFA's gun barrel sights if we don't improve our current metrics.
IMo it's in FFAs interest to have 'small market' teams like ours. Our population and demographic are similar to the catchments of the teams they'll look to bring in moving forward so it's a good time to work out what works best. MVC and SFC will always be competitive, it's incumbent on FFA to ensure small market teams are too.
PS I watch a fair bit of yank sport so equalisation is more appealing to me than free market sporting comps where 3 or 4 teams always dominate.
Id like to see an equalisation fund where the spooners get a boost in the next season, if they were at almost the cap in their spoon year.

Offsider

IMo it's in FFAs interest to have 'small market' teams like ours. Our population and demographic are similar to the catchments of the teams they'll look to bring in moving forward so it's a good time to work out what works best. MVC and SFC will always be competitive, it's incumbent on FFA to ensure small market teams are too.
PS I watch a fair bit of yank sport so equalisation is more appealing to me than free market sporting comps where 3 or 4 teams always dominate.
Id like to see an equalisation fund where the spooners get a boost in the next season, if they were at almost the cap in their spoon year.

The bigger american sports go with the draft idea ....... as does the afl ........ has some merit but contridicts the youth develop /sell /option in soccer.

I don’t see a lot of difference between the big spending american franchises and the top flight epl teams, in terms of marketing results. Both seem to sell out venues years in advance.

Insertnamehere

The bigger american sports go with the draft idea ....... as does the afl ........ has some merit but contridicts the youth develop /sell /option in soccer.

I don’t see a lot of difference between the big spending american franchises and the top flight epl teams, in terms of marketing results. Both seem to sell out venues years in advance.
Drafts work in the US because they don't develop their own youth. AFL it works because there's a discount on academy players. Don't see value in it I the HAL.
Big Euro leagues and Big US sport sell out because they've developed their sport and supporter base over a longer period. IMO alot smarter than most codes have done here.

Rowdy

... Our population and demographic are similar to the catchments of the teams they'll look to bring in moving forward so it's a good time to work out what works best.
MVC and SFC will always be competitive, it's incumbent on FFA to ensure small market teams are too.

True.
- especially once Pro&Rel. is introduced.

I would ideally like to see the 2nd Division have Capital city Teams fr/ Tassie, Darwin & 2nd Brisb Team.

Despite all the hoo-haa being kicked up about CCM atm, we are more likely to have better crowd figures than a 2nd Brisbane team North of the river, who will most defiinately have to play in a smaller botique stadium to remain viable.

The situation The Mariners find themselves in now could/will happen to any of the other A-League teams, with the exception of the bigger bank balances of Syd, Victory & City.

If any of the Big3 find themselves with 10 games without a win after NYE, they'd simply 'buy' their way off the bottom of the ladder the very next day once the Jan Xfer window opened.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred