• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

yorkshireman

I heard today that 3 overseas players were told they weren't wanted at the end of last season. 2 left and 1 stayed to see out his contract...
In the same conversation was content about player unrest with MM. This isn't the first time I've heard this, concern is over amateurish training amongst other things.
Worrying times continue.

Rowdy

.... concern is over amateurish training amongst other things.
Is it a case of :

- Effort put in at training by player/s equivalant to that of an 'Amateur'.

OR

- Training session being led by the Coaching staff is of an 'Amatuerish' standard.

Which one ???

Wombat

" Why bother your arse" , because your a professional and you've got some respect for the name on the front and back of your shirt would be the advice I would give to my young bloke.

Proper game 100%. Insulting Yoof game coz your coach is a dickhead.....nah.

Offsider

Proper game 100%. Insulting Yoof game coz your coach is a dickhead.....nah.

:doh:and thereby is the problem in attitude. Practicing to just look like you care results in you being excellent at not caring.

The biggest coaching mistake I reckon is using the forwards to kick balls at the keepers for keeping practice.
How many times do you see aussie a-league strikers kick the ball straight at the keeper. You don’t see epl strikers doing it.

Pirate Pete

SMH talking about the two new teams in the paper this morning.

The Sydney outfit is already in negotiations to sign Mile Jedinak as its inaugural captain though a potentialy delay of entering the A-League by a season could threaten their chances to sign the former Socceroos' captain.

turbo

already in negotiations to sign Mile Jedinak

That's the kind of signing you make if you want to rebuild the culture! He is slowing down but I think he'd still be quite effective in the A league and he seems to have the leadership skills with the national team. He's also a proper reminder of our better days.

Forum Phoenix

Is it a case of :

- Effort put in at training by player/s equivalant to that of an 'Amateur'.

OR

- Training session being led by the Coaching staff is of an 'Amatuerish' standard.

Which one ???

Yeah, I don't believe that Monty and Mulvey are running amateur training sessions. Look forward to hearing Ozhammers report.

Offsider

If offsider is right I’ll apologise.

But I can’t comprehend how it would make sense for the club to lie about and cover for McCormack if he’s being that big a douche.

Just for the record fp ............. I was only aiming at an explanation that would fit the circumstances. Not to be right or wrong. Look at the club’s??? Carefully worded announcement “ going home to have it assessed “ I think it said.
Starting from the motive that McCormack wanted to go home so as to not be away two xmas’s in a row from young family. That doesn’t make him a douche ........ specially when the alternative is to stay here and get no service, no touches and have to take the resposibility of no goals. Add to that mc could save money on his wages if he is not here and the loan agreement is renegotiated because of injury ??? rather than personal reasons.
Jus’ sayin’ eh !!!.

He is lucky to even be escaping from this nightmare of a season ........... and his stats suggest he won’t be missed at this stage.
:cheers:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred