• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Insertnamehere

True.
- especially once Pro&Rel. is introduced.

I would ideally like to see the 2nd Division have Capital city Teams fr/ Tassie, Darwin & 2nd Brisb Team.

Despite all the hoo-haa being kicked up about CCM atm, we are more likely to have better crowd figures than a 2nd Brisbane team North of the river, who will most defiinately have to play in a smaller botique stadium to remain viable.

The situation The Mariners find themselves in now could/will happen to any of the other A-League teams, with the exception of the bigger bank balances of Syd, Victory & City.

If any of the Big3 where 10 games without a win after NYE, they'd simply 'buy' their way off the bottom of the ladder the very next day once the Jan Xfer window opened.
I've posted somewhere in the past that they should get the 2nd division up and running asap. Give it 5 years of running to prove its viable and that the teams can be run suitably. I think it would have to be an amalgam of NPL teams to create a single B div team, they can then provide the youth development etc and not be an NSL failure entity. It would probably to have to run like ABL and just have a YouTube channel and self produce. I can't see it being attractive to fox. And really we're all sick of FOX.
I'd like to see HAL expand to 16 teams and have an 8-10 team 2nd division.

Rowdy

The FFA may manage to keep with the Salary Cap for however long they hold the reins, BUT it will certainly go once the owners get the independence they crave.

However I think for @turbo's 'Equalisation' idea
(Edit: it was @Insertnamehere )

Squad size WILL & needs to be the key for that to happen.
- set limit on Foreigner's as is now remains
- minimum Youth required to be signed.

It's the only variable that can be controlled in an 'open market' of players wages, that will STOP domination and keep the competition interesting to fans.

Last edited:

turbo

It wasn't my equalisation suggestion but I do think it's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing something like a soft cap on marquee spending, say once you spend over X amount you need to contribute a percentage to a fund split between the other clubs who don't exceed that number provided they have spent the salary cap or close to it that season to give an incentive to use the full cap. It should include any FFA funding as well like the Honda situation. That way big names can go to city teams but it's not so one sided. Let each club bank their balance for up to 3 years to take a run at a decent marquee player. They can draw on it when they feel they've got a decent core coming together and ready to push for a finals run.
Something similar could work if the cap is ever abolished completely but I'm against that.

Rowdy

SOMETHING ?? needs to be put into place, rather than an Open Free Market.

Otherwise the A-League would just self-destruct !

Rowdy

I wouldn't mind seeing something like a soft cap on marquee spending, say once you spend over X amount you need to contribute a percentage to a fund split between the other clubs who don't exceed that number provided they have spent the salary cap or close to it that season to give an incentive to use the full cap. It should include any FFA funding as well like the Honda situation. That way big names can go to city teams but it's not so one sided. Let each club bank their balance for up to 3 years to take a run at a decent marquee player. They can draw on it when they feel they've got a decent core coming together and ready to push for a finals run.
Something similar could work if the cap is ever abolished completely but I'm against that.

Really like this concept :goodpost:

Tevor

I feel they will not get rid of us so they have someone to relegate in the first year it's introduced and no one will really care it's CCM. When some of the commentators talk about us I just get the feeling expectation for us to be relegated first and then we will be dealt with and for now someone has to come last and we are doing such a fine job of it. At least we have say 5 to 10 years before relegation is a real threat IMO.

Rowdy

Looking like 'buckleys and none' for those that were hoping for Dukey to make a re-appearance on the Coast come January -

Duke lands in England after Japan exit:

mitchellduke.jpg

Fringe Socceroo Mitchell Duke is aiming to join the growing Australian contingent in the UK having farewelled Japan after four seasons with Shimizu S-Pulse.

Granted a work visa through his British wife, the 27-year-old winger has long yearned for the chance to play in England, in particular, and is currently there testing the waters.

Though concrete offers are yet to materialise, Duke - now a free agent - is optimistic that an opportunity may arise.

“Now that I’ve left S-Pulse, and the January window is soon to open, it could be an interesting option,” said Duke.

“It’s an unpredictable near future for me but I’m excited about the change-up and a new challenge with a new team.

“Nothing is on the table yet, but ideally this is where I want to be. The perfect target is the Championship. But it’s a bit of a waiting game now to see what might pop up.

“It’s what is going to be best for me, my family and my football. I’m embracing the situation and ready to prove myself somewhere else - and I know I’ll do that wherever I go.”

Duke was a regular for S-Pulse, amassing over 100 appearances in all competitions in a country where many Australians have failed to flourish.

“I’m really proud of myself and what I achieved there,” he added. “I’ve seen quite a few Aussies come and go over the past four years, and I’m glad I was able to stick it out and do well.

“I got quite a few appearances under my belt and experiencing things like promotion and relegation helped me grow as a player and as a person.

“It’s a cut-throat league which is unpredictable and exciting, and also with great quality. Every game in the J1 is a big test, regardless of who you face.”

Duke’s previously secure place in the line-up came under threat last season, and as his contract wound down he informed the club mid-year of his desire to test himself elsewhere.

“Prior to the break I was coming off the bench when I was previously a starter,” he explained. “I told them I thought I’d get more game time elsewhere if they let me go.

“But they still saw me as an asset and wanted me for the second half of the season.

“I only made about one appearance off the bench in the last 10 games, but that’s just how it is in football.

“There are no hard feelings at all and there is massive respect mutually between myself and the club.

“I know my ability and hopefully I will have my future sorted in the next few weeks. Before Christmas would be nice.”

Duke was part of coach Graham Arnold’s first training camp in Turkey when he took charge.

He wasn’t named for the subsequent internationals against Kuwait, Korea Republic or Lebanon but hope springs eternal.

“The Socceroos have a really good system of monitoring players and have been asking what’s going on with me,” said Duke.

“They are interested in knowing what my club situation will be and it’s always good to know they are still considering me.

“I’ll welcome any chances again with them with open arms.”

joe bailey

TONAL_CREST_Black-%C2%AB61516982975744_thumb.jpg

by
Communications Department
Wednesday 19 December 2018 09:15

Manchester United announced today that former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been appointed as caretaker manager until the end of the 2018/19 season.

Solskjær scored 126 goals in 366 appearances for United between 1996 and 2007. In 2008 he became the club’s reserve-team manager, before taking the managerial role at FC Molde in Norway.
Solskjær will take charge of the first team with immediate effect and will remain in place while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new full-time manager. HE WILL BE JOINED BY MIKE PHELAN AS FIRST TEAM COACH, working alongside Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna.“Manchester United is in my heart and it’s brilliant to be coming back in this role. I’m really looking forward to working with the very talented squad we have, the staff and everyone at the club,” said Solskjær.

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, comments: “Ole is a club legend with huge experience, both on the pitch and in coaching roles. His history at Manchester United means he lives and breathes the culture here and everyone at the club is delighted to have him and Mike Phelan back. We are confident they will unite the players and the fans as we head into the second half of the season.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-appointed-caretaker-manager

finally retired

He probably will when he's had a few more glasses of Aldi cask wine.
I'm a 150 Lashes man.....rather than an Aldi cask, but I'm happy to knock back a glass or two or the good stuff as well..
I didn't realise the Mike Phelan connection extended to Messi and Ba...but what the hell, if we can get'em, then lets.

turbo

Lol at the article. With respect to Simon, master of what. Bit embarrassing really some of these media releases but I guess they're clutching at straws at the minute.

It feels like they expect we’ll believe it if they say it enough times. Do they think we’re stupid? As if he isn’t thinking how am I not getting a run over him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred