• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Forum Phoenix

Just for the record fp ............. I was only aiming at an explanation that would fit the circumstances. Not to be right or wrong. Look at the club’s??? Carefully worded announcement “ going home to have it assessed “ I think it said.
Starting from the motive that McCormack wanted to go home so as to not be away two xmas’s in a row from young family. That doesn’t make him a douche ........ specially when the alternative is to stay here and get no service, no touches and have to take the resposibility of no goals.

If and I think it’s a massive if, this is all just a false injury cover story, then yeah, to leave your coach, team mates and the club - who is paying you the highest wage of all their players - at such a vital time in our season, with a desperately hurting and unhappy fan base - who are literally at their wits end, because you’d prefer some extra time off over Xmas... would asuredly be a douche move. I think it would be monstrously douchey. In fact I’d be happy to accept this as an alternative definition of the term douche.

And I can’t see why the club would happily cop it? Let alone support it?

I'm not saying he wouldn't prefer to be at home while he gets treatment. It's also not uncommon to go back to the bigger loan club. And no real biggy.

But, the idea the injury is just a pretense?

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Where is the naive button?

I don't know. Maybe check and see if it's under one of these tinfoil hat buttons? :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat:

Ok, Ross's injury is being faked so that he can go home for Christmas.

Why?

You have a source?

If Ross is not injured, yours and Offsider's theory might make sense for Ross if he doesn't give a shit about his team mates or his reputation, but not even remotely for why the club would concoct or want this. PR departments spin bullshit to help the club. Appreciate after all these years mate that you extend me the courtesy of explaining your logic of how this helps the club and why'd they lie, instead of calling me naive.

I'm not happy with our results or some of the selections either. But people consistently lose their shit and reason poorly on here when they're pissed off.

Offsider

I don't know. Maybe check and see if it's under one of these tinfoil hat buttons? :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat:

Why?

You have a source?

If Ross is not injured, yours and Offsider's theory might make sense for Ross if he doesn't give a shit about his team mates or his reputation, but not even remotely for why the club would concoct or want this. PR departments spin bullshit to help the club. Appreciate after all these years mate that you extend me the courtesy of explaining your logic of how this helps the club and why'd they lie, instead of calling me naive.

I'm not happy with our results or some of the selections either. But people consistently lose their shit and reason poorly on here when they're pissed off.

Fp...... Fp .......Fp ........
I trust you mean your last point doesn’t refer to yourself ??? ........... because you say that they’re “pissed off” to reason poorly. Oh wait ???? I’m not pissed off ..........wombats not pissed off ???? ............ you sound pissed off :-|.

You see your reply has some very interesting connections to being pissed off. I did not say “pretence” ........ you make that accusation after reading the reason I simply gave as an “excuse”. Instead of reading my comment to understand the point I was making ........you read my comment to react. A common problem on this forum of people reasoning poorly and consistently losing their shit when they are pissed off.

I did not use the term “faked” in relation to McCormack’s injury. I simply pointed out the different referrals to it over the course of time. It was an injury that needed time ....... but now it is an injury that needs to be assessed by his club and it coincides with his request to go home for xmas. Think about it ........ you are away from home for the second year in a row, you are injured and cannot expect to play till maybe feb at best ....... what a douche he is not wanting to sit here twiddling his thumbs while his kids forget who he is. What I find disconcerting is that this wonderful club cannot look after it’s own players who get injured, who cannot diagnose a knee injury, who cannot get players that they recruited injured onto the park. Now I’m pissed thinking about that.......... but I digress.

I get it ........ you don’t like McCormack, Ross as you refer to him as is confusing. Please settle down and take a second to read the last part of my comments where to my mind his stats, which reflect the teams disability to connect with him rather than his personal contribution to team performance, do not indicate that his ommission from the team sheet will not be season ending.

And lastly ......... you are so obssessed with calling him out as a douche ......... you completely ignore the fact that your beloved team’s owner may have allowed the player request to go home for personal reasons or injury assessment because if McCormack is not here but back at his club at his club’s request to assess the alleged injury, mc would have had to sign off on the deal, but did it not occur to you that mc may not have to pay his wages or medical expense of treatment during this time ??? ......... I don’t know, I can’t know, it is just fun putting the different scenarios together in context ............so that people can misconstrue them as a conspiracy theory is not something I can control if it threatens people’s blinkered view of our club ......... sorry ........ mc’s franchise team.

:popcorn:

I know ........ I’ve done it again haven’t I:doh: .......... it was all the tin hats I couldn’t the naive button :fireup:

Wombat

Why?

You have a source?

Why?

You have a source?

I certainly didnt mean to offend you FP but I have watched training a fair bit and have been talking to people ITK. Thats how i was able to tell you Ross would not even be on the bench last week.

I cant say anymore.

Antlion

Wombat, Offsider - can I just clarify what you're implying here before commenting?

Are you saying that:
a) Ross's injury is real
b) the treatment or response was delayed tactically to bring it closer to christmas so the Ross can go home for a holiday
c) the benefit to the club is saving on wages over that period as his parent club covers him back home

Is that about the sum of it?

Offsider

Wombat, Offsider - can I just clarify what you're implying here before commenting?

Are you saying that:
a) Ross's injury is real
b) the treatment or response was delayed tactically to bring it closer to christmas so the Ross can go home for a holiday
c) the benefit to the club is saving on wages over that period as his parent club covers him back home

Is that about the sum of it?

:doh: NO!!!.......... it is the sum of the conjecture

a) Don’t know????. Could be ......... he was seen to limp off apparently. Thought the club medico would know but apparently not. Now he needs to go home for assessment ???.

b) Totally misconstrued. Bungled would be a more accurate scenario to my mind. “Holiday” is cruel if he is injured and disrespectful to a professional. Simple timing issue bringing all parties greavances together for a result satisfactory to all ........ except fans that want blood through nobodies fault except mm and mc.

c) That would be an excellent result for mc if you consider the stats he might not add over this period. I support any savings mc can make after this adbominal situation this season.
There is only two people that would know factually and then there is conjecture.
1/ If he is injured and to be out for a period ...... so be it.
2/ Mulvey has nobody to provide him any service anyway until the injured players finally make an appearance and he can settle on the original plan he must have had in his mind at the start of the season. To have McCormack fit and not suffering home sickness (it is real in football circles) after xmas is an excellent situation giving time to collect a few points and climb out of the spoon disgrace.

Please don’t be offended by my attitude Antlion ........ I am just as rattled as everybody else and only hours to go.
I am recording the game, will look at the team sheet, and decide if I need to see the game after I know the result.
Cheers:cheers:

Forum Phoenix

I certainly didnt mean to offend you FP but I have watched training a fair bit and have been talking to people ITK. Thats how i was able to tell you Ross would not even be on the bench last week.

I cant say anymore.

Ok mate. Fair enough. But I wasn’t being blindly loyal. I just can’t make sense of it without your insider info. And I don’t find Offy a source of great clarity. But I’ll take you at your word then, but it’s not good.

Fp...... Fp .......Fp ........
I trust you mean your last point doesn’t refer to yourself ??? ........... because you say that they’re “pissed off” to reason poorly. Oh wait ???? I’m not pissed off ..........wombats not pissed off ???? ............ you sound pissed off :-|.

You see your reply has some very interesting connections to being pissed off. I did not say “pretence” ........ you make that accusation after reading the reason I simply gave as an “excuse”. Instead of reading my comment to understand the point I was making ........you read my comment to react. A common problem on this forum of people reasoning poorly and consistently losing their shit when they are pissed off.

I did not use the term “faked” in relation to McCormack’s injury. I simply pointed out the different referrals to it over the course of time. It was an injury that needed time ....... but now it is an injury that needs to be assessed by his club and it coincides with his request to go home for xmas. Think about it ........ you are away from home for the second year in a row, you are injured and cannot expect to play till maybe feb at best ....... what a douche he is not wanting to sit here twiddling his thumbs while his kids forget who he is. What I find disconcerting is that this wonderful club cannot look after it’s own players who get injured, who cannot diagnose a knee injury, who cannot get players that they recruited injured onto the park. Now I’m pissed thinking about that.......... but I digress.

I get it ........ you don’t like McCormack, Ross as you refer to him as is confusing. Please settle down and take a second to read the last part of my comments where to my mind his stats, which reflect the teams disability to connect with him rather than his personal contribution to team performance, do not indicate that his ommission from the team sheet will not be season ending.

And lastly ......... you are so obssessed with calling him out as a douche ......... you completely ignore the fact that your beloved team’s owner may have allowed the player request to go home for personal reasons or injury assessment because if McCormack is not here but back at his club at his club’s request to assess the alleged injury, mc would have had to sign off on the deal, but did it not occur to you that mc may not have to pay his wages or medical expense of treatment during this time ??? ......... I don’t know, I can’t know, it is just fun putting the different scenarios together in context ............so that people can misconstrue them as a conspiracy theory is not something I can control if it threatens people’s blinkered view of our club ......... sorry ........ mc’s franchise team.

:popcorn:

I know ........ I’ve done it again haven’t I:doh: .......... it was all the tin hats I couldn’t the naive button :fireup:

Oh boy.

Utter, utter straw manning nonsense Offy. So many things wrong in there, there’s no point even trying to begin.

Because I value open debate and different opinions, I genuinely tried to be patient with your constant rants and the relentless vomiting of your thoughts over anything and everything on here, but I’m done.

Offsider

Ok mate. Fair enough. But I wasn’t being blindly loyal. I just can’t make sense of it without your insider info. And I don’t find Offy a source of great clarity. But I’ll take you at your word then, but it’s not good.

Oh boy.

Utter, utter straw manning nonsense Offy. So many things wrong in there, there’s no point even trying to begin.

Because I value open debate and different opinions, I genuinely tried to be patient with your constant rants and the relentless vomiting of your thoughts over anything and everything on here, but I’m done.

It’s conjecture fp ........... just conjecture. A collection of others thoughts on this forum mainly. I rant mainly at you because you don’t seem to understand without ramping up points to offensive level...........

But you argue like I stabbed you in the eye with a red hot poker????.

For example : you say you value open debate but you object to my vomitting thoughts on everything ........... :headbutt::headbutt::headbutt:

Antlion

:doh: NO!!!.......... it is the sum of the conjecture

a) Don’t know????. Could be ......... he was seen to limp off apparently. Thought the club medico would know but apparently not. Now he needs to go home for assessment ???.

b) Totally misconstrued. Bungled would be a more accurate scenario to my mind. “Holiday” is cruel if he is injured and disrespectful to a professional. Simple timing issue bringing all parties greavances together for a result satisfactory to all ........ except fans that want blood through nobodies fault except mm and mc.

c) That would be an excellent result for mc if you consider the stats he might not add over this period. I support any savings mc can make after this adbominal situation this season.
There is only two people that would know factually and then there is conjecture.
1/ If he is injured and to be out for a period ...... so be it.
2/ Mulvey has nobody to provide him any service anyway until the injured players finally make an appearance and he can settle on the original plan he must have had in his mind at the start of the season. To have McCormack fit and not suffering home sickness (it is real in football circles) after xmas is an excellent situation giving time to collect a few points and climb out of the spoon disgrace.

Please don’t be offended by my attitude Antlion ........ I am just as rattled as everybody else and only hours to go.
I am recording the game, will look at the team sheet, and decide if I need to see the game after I know the result.
Cheers:cheers:
Not offended, just getting my head around it

Ozhammer

Yeah, I don't believe that Monty and Mulvey are running amateur training sessions. Look forward to hearing Ozhammers report.
I have posted my thoughts on Wednesday’s training session on the Round 8 thread in case anyone missed it but I can’t say I was personally blown away by what I saw tbh.

That said, there were three players away with the ‘National Team’ (whatever that means), two of whom were starters in tonight’s game, which can’t have helped with our preparations. Why should clubs have to release young players during the season outside of FIFA-recognised international dates. Yes they may benefit from the coaching at that level but it can only disrupt a team’s preparation for its next HAL fixture, which is the really the last thing we need.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Did anyone see Mulveys presser, although what he could possibly say positive about that game eludes me
I guess it was just a raft of pointless platitudes again ...shame, I had so much hope

Ozhammer

Yeah, I don't believe that Monty and Mulvey are running amateur training sessions. Look forward to hearing Ozhammers report.
I have posted my thoughts on Wednesday’s training session on the Round 8 thread in case anyone missed it but I can’t say I was personally blown away by what I saw tbh.

That said, there were three players away with the ‘National Team’ (whatever that means), two of whom were starters in tonight’s game, which can’t have helped with our preparations. Why should clubs have to release young players during the season outside of FIFA-recognised international dates. Yes they may benefit from the coaching at that level but it can only disrupt a team’s preparation for its next HAL fixture.

We are not in a position to be generous about letting players go and do other stuff when our backs are to the wall. MM needs to become a lot tougher on stuff like that, or our woes will continue.

turbo

We are not in a position to be generous about letting players go and do other stuff when our backs are to the wall. MM needs to become a lot tougher on stuff like that, or our woes will continue.

Morale must be down the drain by now so denying those sort of opportunities could turn players against the manager. If you’ve been asked to train with the national team despite what we’ve served up this season and the club says no that’s going to create a lot of ill will.

Wombat

Why do you think that is? Running scared because of all the injuries?

They are simply too soft.

Not enough fitness. Not enough actual drills apart from small sided 1 and 2 touch games. Not enough 11 v 11. Not enough focus on the basics.
Almost all of our players have very high ball skills but get caught out like schoolkids far too often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred