• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Big Al

Thats good news because at his best he is or was being considered as a future Socceroo.... lets hope he can return to that form it would give us some real quality up front ...
Mulvey said he won’t be considered until he puts a fee weeks at training. No straight back in. Fitness would be a concern and Mulvey wants him to earn it

nebakke

Are you saying you were being facetious or sarcastic then?

Well yes, facetious, but not to the extend that I think being happy that we've held our own against two of the higher rated teams is in any way straw grasping or problematic... Take it as Pete's comment too... We're two weeks in and in sixth, I don't think anyone is seriously seeing that as representative of anything just yet.
Still, it's an improvement over laggy season and that's good.

Last edited:

Wombat

We have held off 2 of the better teams.
We are not leaking goals............(amazing when you play defenders as fullback eh!)
We are scrapping hard and not taking shit off anyone, we are no longer being bullied.
We are not creating much yet but its better than our 1 shot per game under Okon.
We have a great manager who is a joy to listen to and who speaks sense.
We look promising and put simply we don't SUCK anymore for the first time in 4 years.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

We have held off 2 of the better teams.
We are not leaking goals............(amazing when you play defenders as fullback eh!)
We are scrapping hard and not taking shit off anyone, we are no longer being bullied.
We are not creating much yet but its better than our 1 shot per game under Okon.
We have a great manager who is a joy to listen to and who speaks sense.
We look promising and put simply we don't SUCK anymore for the first time in 4 years.

Perfectly stated. Great post Wombat.

Antlion

Central Coast Mariners looking to mark culture shift with first win of the season
Daily Football Show November 1, 2018

Central Coast Mariner Jack Clisby is loving life in Gosford, and the left-back believes it is the best club culture he has ever been a part of.

He joined the Mariners from Western Sydney Wanderers over the offseason – his fourth A-League club – and has made a strong start to life under Mike Mulvey.

The Mariners’ home game against Adelaide United on Sunday is likely to be Clisby’s 100th appearance in the competition.

“My move up to the Mariners has been fantastic; the club, the culture, it’s the best culture I’ve felt within a playing group,” he said.

“Everyone’s on the same level, no one’s better than anyone else, we’re all a team, we’re all united, which is what I really love about this club.

“The togetherness that Mike and Monty they’ve brought and their ideas, everyone respects their decisions, playing or not playing, whatever he says goes.

“Everyone respects that and is fighting to get in the team so there’s no bitterness and that’s what you need in a squad. It’s fantastic.”

https://dailyfootballshow.com/centr...k-culture-shift-with-first-win-of-the-season/

Offsider

Central Coast Mariners looking to mark culture shift with first win of the season
Daily Football Show November 1, 2018

Central Coast Mariner Jack Clisby is loving life in Gosford, and the left-back believes it is the best club culture he has ever been a part of.

He joined the Mariners from Western Sydney Wanderers over the offseason – his fourth A-League club – and has made a strong start to life under Mike Mulvey.

The Mariners’ home game against Adelaide United on Sunday is likely to be Clisby’s 100th appearance in the competition.

“My move up to the Mariners has been fantastic; the club, the culture, it’s the best culture I’ve felt within a playing group,” he said.

“Everyone’s on the same level, no one’s better than anyone else, we’re all a team, we’re all united, which is what I really love about this club.

“The togetherness that Mike and Monty they’ve brought and their ideas, everyone respects their decisions, playing or not playing, whatever he says goes.

“Everyone respects that and is fighting to get in the team so there’s no bitterness and that’s what you need in a squad. It’s fantastic.”

https://dailyfootballshow.com/centr...k-culture-shift-with-first-win-of-the-season/

It’s not what he says about ccm that is interesting, we all knew that ............. it says much more about the under performing wsw. It is obvious the selfishness of shitirio and the careless bacchus getting turfed.

Scotty

I'm so pleased that we are not sitting on the bottom of the ladder. If that had happened after two rounds in, imagine the reactions from the fans, the press, and the club.

The two draws gives us much confidence that we can take on any team this year and not get defeated.

I'm yet to see a confident winning style or attitude though. We look a little scared in attack. If we can grab two wins on the trot, I think the squad will rise up and that confidence will be there.

Bring it on!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred