• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I think you were in a very small group Offy.

Most people were absolutely chuffed.
Yeh I said to Wombat and Peachy WAY before he signed that we should get Mulvey...maybe Im pschycotic or physic or some such bollocks

Antlion

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/five-things-we-learned-from-a-league-round-2_1?cx_cid=edm:twg:2017
Luck of the draw

Central Coast Mariners have survived the opening two rounds of the A-League season by the skin of their teeth.

Consecutive 1-1 draws with Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City respectively could well have ended in heavy defeats, if not for some wasteful finishing in front of goal.

The Mariners have faced 44 shots in total, mustering just 11 in response, and while coach Mike Mulvey knows his men have rode their luck thus far, he believes there’s still plenty to admire.

“We put in a great effort, it’s building blocks,” Mulvey said.

“Last week we got a point, this week we got a point, so onwards and upwards from here.

“The best is yet to come. We changed it up a bit from last week, we got a deserved goal after pressing high and I think if you look at it as a whole, City deserved the point but we’re disappointed that we conceded late on.”

turbo

Central Coast Mariners have survived the opening two rounds of the A-League season by the skin of their teeth

That's a fair assessment of the Brisbane game but the City one was much better. I'd like to see more confidence to go on looking for more goals rather than trying to defend for long periods but hopefully that will develop soon. We've finally got the players to do it and we look better when we put the opposition on the back foot.

Josho Howe

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/five-things-we-learned-from-a-league-round-2_1?cx_cid=edm:twg:2017
Luck of the draw

Central Coast Mariners have survived the opening two rounds of the A-League season by the skin of their teeth.

Consecutive 1-1 draws with Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City respectively could well have ended in heavy defeats, if not for some wasteful finishing in front of goal.

The Mariners have faced 44 shots in total, mustering just 11 in response, and while coach Mike Mulvey knows his men have rode their luck thus far, he believes there’s still plenty to admire.

“We put in a great effort, it’s building blocks,” Mulvey said.

“Last week we got a point, this week we got a point, so onwards and upwards from here.

“The best is yet to come. We changed it up a bit from last week, we got a deserved goal after pressing high and I think if you look at it as a whole, City deserved the point but we’re disappointed that we conceded late on.”
Yep, we can't afford to give away so many shots in games. We can't keep being dominated and trying to ride our luck either.

nebakke

Have not heard anything about Corey Gamerio is he hurt or not up to bench quality ?????

He was discussed on the poddie last week... Off the top of my head, I think MMM said he was probably a month-and-a-bit away, recovery-wise, but training with the team again.

midfielder

Thats good news because at his best he is or was being considered as a future Socceroo.... lets hope he can return to that form it would give us some real quality up front ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred