• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Michael

Can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on here but what’s the deal with the lack of use of the COE this pre season? Are they just keeping it fresh and ready for the season proper or doing some maintenance etc?

scoober

Can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on here but what’s the deal with the lack of use of the COE this pre season? Are they just keeping it fresh and ready for the season proper or doing some maintenance etc?
MMM deemed the surface not good enough to train on, hence at plumb park full time

Ozhammer

I had heard that the surface of Pluim 1 was going to be moved to the CoE when it is replaced during the off season. Hopefully that will allow the team to go back to using it.

Michael

Fair enough, I like that Mulvey has that high standard/expectation even with the pitch.

Funny, we’re almost spoilt with high level pitches on the coast these days. Pluim, COE (when in bloom) and Budgewoi for the boys to train on.

Im sure everyone remembers the years they had to ground hop basically every week.

Wombat

They have builders hording up at the COE ATM. I asked the barmaid what it was about and she was vague....something about the council building works Cafe mentioned before. Didn't sound realistic

Deej

That's what I heard - but when I asked Shaun he said it was fine.

Rubbish, COE ground is sinking and is uneven. I also heard the same info on pluim getting re-turfed and Mariners taking it off their hands for cheap so it was a cheap fix at COE.

Insertnamehere

Rubbish, COE ground is sinking and is uneven. I also heard the same info on pluim getting re-turfed and Mariners taking it off their hands for cheap so it was a cheap fix at COE.
The other side of all this is, is MMM expecting us to play on the carpet football...? Because it's been said before and was all forcem backs

Michael

The smaller pitch that NYL use has had a few drastic uneven areas over recent years. I havent stepped on it in a while though.

Weird about the main pitch though.

style_cafe

I dont think so. Phelan came in after Okon was gone.

Shaun said they would not give Okon or anyone else sole decisions on signing players. He said, "If Monty was involved in the decision making Asdrubal would not have been signed".
The club knew they made mistakes with Okon. This was too much for Okon's ego and he left, thankfully.
Maybe Jedinak got in McCormacks ear?...:popcorn:

Wombat

Heaps of trucks at Pluim this morning so some MAJOR work going on there today.

scottmac

Suspended
Uneven and sinking ground is not a turf problem so seems a bit weird.

Josho Howe

Haven’t seen O’Neil yet but looking forward to it given the rave reviews on the forum so far. Still think Brama is a better player than what we witnessed.
I feel Brama underestimated the quality of the league and was just here to have an Aussie holiday mixed in with playing football. I thought he was majorly disappointing and he became a liability with the suspensions he got. I wasn't sad to see him go. Tom is the 10x better player and O'Neill will be an adequate replacement.

Tevor

I feel Brama underestimated the quality of the league and was just here to have an Aussie holiday mixed in with playing football. I thought he was majorly disappointing and he became a liability with the suspensions he got. I wasn't sad to see him go. Tom is the 10x better player and O'Neill will be an adequate replacement.
Yeah I get the holiday feeling, still think he was a good no nonsense player. Tom H is my fav but Brama has a good CV. As mentioned on the pod cast, some players perform well at certain clubs others struggle. Maybe he wasn’t fully committed but he is still no muppet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred