• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

pjennings

Rumors City looking at Birragetti and are shopping Bouzanis as have Galeckovic as backup.

Would be a good loan signing for us. Would be big improvement on Kennedy

Galeckovic was a class keeper and in his time would have been a huge improvement. Bouzanis at best is a solid HAL keeper - not outstanding - but not Pasfield or Trott. Bouzanis looked better last season than he did the season before because City defended better. Bouzanis is basically the same level as Kennedy. I know Rafa loved him and rated him as the best young keeper in the world but Rafa knows bugger all about keepers. He wasn't the best young keeper at Liverpool or the best young keeper in Australia.

The signing of Pearce I felt was Mulvey's first misstep. Oldfield was a much better fit. We could have also gone the keeper/coach route of Theo or even Covic. Both of these guys - even at their age are better than both Kennedy or Bouzanis.

Wombat

Since the end of the season we have lost Glover, Josh Rose, Baro, Liam Rose, Poscoliero, Roux, Brama, De Silva, Bingham, Buhagiar, Powell & Skapetis

We have gained Gauci, Clisby, Cisse, Aspropotamitis, Millar, O'Neill, McGlinchey, Shabow, Kekeris, Simon, Gamiero., Murray & Macdonald.

All up I'd say we are marginally better squad than last season, with the potential to be must better. On top of that we have a better and more experienced manager than last season and potentially 3 more decent players.

We haven't got a squad of world-beaters but we have released a number of players that added little last season and replaced them by either better players or youngsters with potential. I'm confident of a better season - just not sure how much better - as some of the other squads have recruited very well.

Only loses were Baro, Brama, and DanielDickhead.

Brama and Dickhead have been replaced by the O'Neill and WeeMac......so a slight improvement.
Is Cisse going to better than Baro.....impossible to tell from the adelaide game.
All the rest have been replaced by better players.

Wombat

Galeckovic was a class keeper and in his time would have been a huge improvement. Bouzanis at best is a solid HAL keeper - not outstanding - but not Pasfield or Trott. Bouzanis looked better last season than he did the season before because City defended better. Bouzanis is basically the same level as Kennedy. I know Rafa loved him and rated him as the best young keeper in the world but Rafa knows bugger all about keepers. He wasn't the best young keeper at Liverpool or the best young keeper in Australia.

The signing of Pearce I felt was Mulvey's first misstep. Oldfield was a much better fit. We could have also gone the keeper/coach route of Theo or even Covic. Both of these guys - even at their age are better than both Kennedy or Bouzanis.

I think Okon signed Pearce......either that or it was a directive from the Pikey....i don't blame Mulvey.

midfielder

Since the end of the season we have lost Glover, Josh Rose, Baro, Liam Rose, Poscoliero, Roux, Brama, De Silva, Bingham, Buhagiar, Powell & Skapetis

We have gained Gauci, Clisby, Cisse, Aspropotamitis, Millar, O'Neill, McGlinchey, Shabow, Kekeris, Simon, Gamiero., Murray & Macdonald.

All up I'd say we are marginally better squad than last season, with the potential to be must better. On top of that we have a better and more experienced manager than last season and potentially 3 more decent players.

We haven't got a squad of world-beaters but we have released a number of players that added little last season and replaced them by either better players or youngsters with potential. I'm confident of a better season - just not sure how much better - as some of the other squads have recruited very well.

That a good post and it makes sense

Big Al

Be a great signing but unless we rip up Kennedy or Pearce's contract it can't happen
Why not. The 3rd keeper is a kid. We won’t see him and neither Pearce or Kennedy are good enough and could make it permanent after the season when Kennedy hopefully has no more triggers for a new deal

Big Al

No way Kennedy is equal with Bouzanis.

Holy

Why not. The 3rd keeper is a kid. We won’t see him and neither Pearce or Kennedy are good enough and could make it permanent after the season when Kennedy hopefully has no more triggers for a new deal
We can only hope BA, Kennedy should of been back in NPL.

I stil wonder how playing only 2 games in 2 seasons, with a severe injury, he gets a gig with us. Then player of the year, really. From my seat his distribution was poor, only really saved what was hit straight at him, whilst there was others that looked like should of been saved, but his reaction time looked really slow.

Pearce just doesn’t look like he’s going to succeed at HAL level.

Nash?? He hasn’t shown anything with the cattle he’s had where there has been any marked improvement.

If there is a severe weakness in our squad, it’s the whole goal keeping dept.

priorpeter

I stil wonder how playing only 2 games in 2 seasons, with a severe injury, he gets a gig with us. Then player of the year, really. From my seat his distribution was poor, only really saved what was hit straight at him, whilst there was others that looked like should of been saved, but his reaction time looked really slow.

Nash?? He hasn’t shown anything with the cattle he’s had where there has been any marked improvement.

Nailed it.

nebakke

I didn't see Kennedy's response after the last derby, so maybe that's why, but I actually don't think he was nearly as bad as people here make it sound.... He's not brilliant but - he's got better distribution than both Reddy and Izzo did, not that that's saying much considering a goal-kick equalled a throw in for most of that period. I also think he has less of a propensity to fumble than Bouzanis so there's that.
That doesn't mean that I think that he's a great choice for a first-choice keeper, at all, but he's serviceable.

As for Nash, I was never entirely conviced - I'm still pretty far from convinced, but tbf, Izzo looked a helluva lot better in his second season here than he did in his first fwiw.

Insertnamehere

I didn't see Kennedy's response after the last derby, so maybe that's why, but I actually don't think he was nearly as bad as people here make it sound.... He's not brilliant but - he's got better distribution than both Reddy and Izzo did, not that that's saying much considering a goal-kick equalled a throw in for most of that period. I also think he has less of a propensity to fumble than Bouzanis so there's that.
That doesn't mean that I think that he's a great choice for a first-choice keeper, at all, but he's serviceable.

As for Nash, I was never entirely conviced - I'm still pretty far from convinced, but tbf, Izzo looked a helluva lot better in his second season here than he did in his first fwiw.
Completely agree. BK was very good, suprisingly so for much of the season. Seemed that Nash was a good GK coach for the improvement in BK. But like most all of the team, after that MVC game we should have won with them at 10 men it all turned to poo culminating in the thumping against the jest.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I still haven’t forgiven that birk BK for standing around having a laugh with the scummers afte horrendous touch up they gave us ...f**k him ...his a goof

FFC Mariner

Agree 100% - Kennedys behaviour after that humiliating loss ought to have lead to him being punted with the rest who thought it was funny (he wasnt the only one laughing to be fair but they have now gone)

Being better than Pearce is not exactly a ringing endorsement

Timmah

I still haven’t forgiven that birk BK for standing around having a laugh with the scummers afte horrendous touch up they gave us ...f**k him ...his a goof
While it irks most, I think it's just modern sport. No doubt he'll have been disappointed with the performance but having plenty of ex-teammates on the opposite side is a reality in today's game (not just football either, all sport).

It would be better left to outside the game or dressing room etc though, IMO. Definitely a bad look.

Hammo

While it irks most, I think it's just modern sport. No doubt he'll have been disappointed with the performance but having plenty of ex-teammates on the opposite side is a reality in today's game (not just football either, all sport).

It would be better left to outside the game or dressing room etc though, IMO. Definitely a bad look.

No excuse. Concede 8 against your biggest rivals - ex-teammates or not - standing around laughing and joking with them after the game is absolutely reprehensible. Can f**k off back up the road if that’s his attitude.

Rowdy

I pretty much said all of that and more about a month ago ....

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/t...nge-for-mike-mulvey.6142/page-122#post-256462

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred