• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

FFC Mariner

Fits the bill

“ In his two and a half seasons with the Wolves, he has played 42 League matches scoring four goals. While his goal return isn’t notable, the tricky winger has developed a reputation for his repertoire of jinks and step overs.

Because jinks and step overs win matches
We have Kekeris for stepovers and no end product

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fits the bill

“ In his two and a half seasons with the Wolves, he has played 42 League matches scoring four goals. While his goal return isn’t notable, the tricky winger has developed a reputation for his repertoire of jinks and step overs.

How the f*** does that warrant a promotion to the HAL?

Seriously how are we even within cooeee of the cap.

Tom needs a pay rise to carry this team

It would seem that we're much more under it than last year (although I still have NFI how the FFA permitted us to be under the cap floor).

I'm praying that management have a serious, big-budget striker in the works.

style_cafe

Hmmmm !! .......... sensing a little hostility here ????
Spiderman tingles when he senses danger:mad: ........... I tingle when I sense an assumption :cool: ....... sometimes it is just wind :(

Just opened a new aldi cask ............ a vintage red it says on the box ??? ........... :) so lets continue ........
he might be “a dumb arse kid” ........... but surely there is more to this situation than he or the club are letting on. It appears to me that grella has painted dds into a corner and mc has snookered him to save $300000 cap spend ????.
Mm hasn’t said if he would be welcome back for a fresh start under the new regime and mc hasn’t said so either.

Just another “ cocky on the biscuit tin “ moment as another week goes past with shaun in england and on the coast at the same time with ffa cup game looming where the initial quality of the squad and the seasons hopes will be on display with nowhere to hide.

God this flask is awful ......... very dusty with an after taste of toenails ??? :vomit:
You should clip yhem instead of biting them Offy...
TCT scored tonight..................

(Work it out yourselves)

Rowdy

Ive seen his tinder profile all over twitter...............

oh Danny
Sing it boys:
One Andrew Hoole, there's
Two Andrew Hooles !!!
There's actually x2 And-rew Hool-es
He's breaking Tinder ruuuuules
All the girls he trying to fooool.
:piano:

(The Turkish Harry Kewel/Daddy Cool chant)

Danny !!
Danny Hooooooole
Multi !! .... Tinder Fool

pjennings

Fits the bill

This one has Monty's fingerprints all over it. I would hope this is for the position that Lui Ditroia was trialling for as well and that there is at least one more quality wide player to come.

Last edited:

Rowdy

This one has Monty's fingerprints all over it. I would hope this is for the position that Lui Ditroia was trialling for as well and that there is at least one more quality wide player to come.
Bastard, you just posted the words out of my mouth about Monty
........ to busy trying to get the stupid upload a file to work.

But yeah.
- repaying some of that Canis Lupus ca$h/favor

NB: @adz ....not working :confused:

Forum Phoenix

We need a stronger roster, obviously. But don't want to feel negative about the young Aussie players we sign because of it. Love that we continue to be the club that gives players a chance.

That said, please bring in a couple more high quality signings CCM.

Rowdy

This makes me think back to when we were initially trialling Kennedy.

We we're all of the the opinion that Flappy Pearce was just not up to it & had no idea about whether Glover would make the grade as well (proven now).

We were desperately needing an experienced GK, one who could help to reduce the Goals Against column & just as importantly, marshall the defensive line in front of him ..... which was also a problem then.

I was abhorrent of us signing Kennedy (& still have doubts over him as not being a #1)

Back then I was trying to think of killing x2 birds with one stone
....... just like Mulvey is NOW.

That is ..... bringing in a GK, just for the 1 season at a minimum, who then takes over the GK Coaching role.

& I thought we should do THAT because of Nash's 'piss poor' decisions/reccomendations on appointments.
i.e
(after Reddy)
Necesvki .. #2
-> Pearce .. #3/4
-> Glover .. #2/3
-> Kennedy .. #2

Allowing a deal for BK to stay once x/games played - taking the decision out of the Clubs control ..... even stupider :confused:

Nash:
- DIDN'T improve Glover
- HASNT brought Pearce up to a standard to legitimately compete with BK for the #1

- & if Hiariej hadnt been injured, Kennedy wouldn't have even come close to winning the Mariners Medal !! imho
...... BK 'won it' bc everyone else was either shite, just as average as him or heading out the door.

My solution back then for an alternative to signing Kennedy ???
...... we SHOULD HAVE signed Ante Covic !
- even if he just did 1 season !!
- then took over Nash's Coaching role

Covic was let go very late by Perth the season before, because Kenny Lowe ummed & ahhed about keeping him, went with Reddy ..... this then hindered Covic picking up an A-League gig, despite publicly stating that he wanted to continue playing HAL
- he went to Rockdale City Suns in the NSW NPL1.

I watched a video piece where Foxsports mic'd him up & camera tracked him for a whole game for Rockdale City Suns in the NSW NPL1.
- unbelievable communicator to his back 4
- reads the game so well to advise them of dangers.
- his kicking both on & off the deck shits on Kennedy's 'touchline finders'
...... EVEN in his 40's !!!!

Ante Covic :
- former Socceroo (x2) but regularly picked to the squad
- played a good chunk of his Club career overseas
- Sweden (x180 games) @ x2 clubs
- Greece (x23)
- ACL Champion w/ WSW
- won ACL 'Player of Tournament' to boot.

Instead, we went with a 'coming back from a long term injury' & still unknown about that (then)
..... Ben Kennedy.
( even after jis first season, I still think he moves to slow & kicks unreliably)

Unlike Okon
- Mulvey is right to be considering getting rid of Nash in bringing in a Theo ... or a Covic, to then take over the reins of GK Coaching ;)

Last edited:

Rowdy

Or even go one better,

• Sunderland x171 games
• Stoke City x139 games
• Aston Villa x99 games
• Denmark x101 games

images.jpg
...... Thomas Sørensen.
(solely as Coach only)
Still living in Melbourne, doing TV here and for Europe (just at the Russian WC)

Charlesworth should SERIOUSLY think about 'investing' in the clubs future by way of upping the ca$h & offering a 5 year deal to entice someone of Sørensen's calibre WHO would have the skills to IDENTIFY & more importantly DEVOLOP the next Maty Ryan or 2 .... or 3.

& TS would have multiple contacts throughout England and the rest of Europe for both GK's & outfield players

Doesnt matter if Mulvey doesn't stay that long ....... whoever replaces him will inherit a quality GK Coach with a fcuking long term plan/goal !!

Spend wisely ..... for once Mike !!

Last edited:

Michael

I like the McDonald signing. Another winger signing that is faster and better on the ball than Pain. Have seen him play down at Wollongong a few times, he operated purely on the sideline, switching sides occasionally, and continuously got at his fullbacks and beat them every time and drove towards goal or delivery very good crosses, the strikers pretty much couldn’t keep up half the time or squandered the chance.
Hopefully Corey and Matty can make his “no end product” look better, or if this higher level striker ever shows up. So in Kekeris and McDonald we have to better wingers purely in raw ability and speed than Connor, which hopefully takes Connor to another level finally.

Yes like some of you, I am getting concerned the big signings just aren’t going to happen, even with the dds money freed up. But give these NPL boys atleast a few games before we judge them.
Am I right in saying McDonald is the first outfield one we’ve signed? As this seems more certain than that Millar bloke..
Atleast it’s a very technical, fast young player. Not a late twenties basic on the ball CB.

IMO I’d take this kind of mostly unproven NPL player over some experienced pros who won’t be fighitng to keep their dream alive. (Faty, seip, mane, Vernes, asdrubal etc)

Big Al

This makes me think back to when we were initially trialling Kennedy.

We we're all of the the opinion that Flappy Pearce was just not up to it & had no idea about whether Glover would make the grade as well (proven now).

We were desperately needing an experienced GK, one who could help to reduce the Goals Against column & just as importantly, marshall the defensive line in front of him ..... which was also a problem then.

I was abhorrent of us signing Kennedy (& still have doubts over him as not being a #1)

Back then I was trying to think of killing x2 birds with one stone
....... just like Mulvey is NOW.

That is ..... bringing in a GK, just for the 1 season at a minimum, who then takes over the GK Coaching role.

& I thought we should do THAT because of Nash's 'piss poor' decisions/reccomendations on appointments.
i.e
(after Reddy)
Necesvki .. #2
-> Pearce .. #3/4
-> Glover .. #2/3
-> Kennedy .. #2

Allowing a deal for BK to stay once x/games played - taking the decision out of the Clubs control ..... even stupider :confused:

Nash:
- DIDN'T improve Glover
- HASNT brought Pearce up to a standard to legitimately compete with BK for the #1

- & if Hiariej hadnt been injured, Kennedy wouldn't have even come close to winning the Mariners Medal !! imho
...... BK 'won it' bc everyone else was either shite, just as average as him or heading out the door.

My solution back then for an alternative to signing Kennedy ???
...... we SHOULD HAVE signed Ante Covic !
- even if he just did 1 season !!
- then took over Nash's Coaching role

Covic was let go very late by Perth the season before, because Kenny Lowe ummed & ahhed about keeping him, went with Reddy ..... this then hindered Covic picking up an A-League gig, despite publicly stating that he wanted to continue playing HAL
- he went to Rockdale City Suns in the NSW NPL1.

I watched a video piece where Foxsports mic'd him up & camera tracked him for a whole game for Rockdale City Suns in the NSW NPL1.
- unbelievable communicator to his back 4
- reads the game so well to advise them of dangers.
- his kicking both on & off the deck shits on Kennedy's 'touchline finders'
...... EVEN in his 40's !!!!

Ante Covic :
- former Socceroo (x2) but regularly picked to the squad
- played a good chunk of his Club career overseas
- Sweden (x180 games) @ x2 clubs
- Greece (x23)
- ACL Champion w/ WSW
- won ACL 'Player of Tournament' to boot.

Instead, we went with a 'coming back from a long term injury' & still unknown about that (then)
..... Ben Kennedy.
( even after jis first season, I still think he moves to slow & kicks unreliably)

Unlike Okon
- Mulvey is right to be considering getting rid of Nash in bringing in a Theo ... or a Covic, to then take over the reins of GK Coaching ;)
Was going to say that to.
The Kennedy debacle deserves both to go.

Theo is way better than Kennedy and nash never seemed to do anything with our keepers.

Especially now we have this so called young gun. Get him a real coach

Insertnamehere

Fits the bill

More likely than backpasses. We didn’t have anyone who ran at the defenders last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred