• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

scottmac

Suspended
Let’s hope this is the week the “big” signings are announced... starting to get abit antsy now

Still buzzing Kekeris got promoted. Surely a certain starter in a couple weeks for the FFA Cup.
Definitely not a certain starter. Should be on the bench or in the squad but can't see him starting.
I'm also hoping this is the week

Offsider

No news over the weekend ...........
Only thing of note was Sage has added another socceroo defender to his squad. Their Depth is not a threat to our chances. At least he didn’t go to jets or pheonix so that is a silk purse out of a pigs ear :thumbup:

Forum Phoenix

Davidson’s a good defender. Perth are recruiting well under Popovic and I expect they will be serious contenders.

Mind you then he will have to do it all again after his yearly clean out.

Offsider

Davidson’s a good defender. Perth are recruiting well under Popovic and I expect they will be serious contenders.

Mind you then he will have to do it all again after his yearly clean out.

It hasn’t been a problem in the past to his success. Might be just a coincidence ........... but there seem to be a lot of “ics” building in his squad list.

JoyfulPenguin

With Mike Phelan being our new "Sporting Director" is our footballing hierarchy now

Mike Phelan (Sporting Director)​

Mike Mulvey (Head Coach)​

Ray Junna (Assistant Coach) Nick Montgomery (Assistant Coach)

Matt Nash (Goalkeeping Coach)

Ken Schembri (Academy Director)
Will Vasquez (Men's Academy Head Coach) Dan Barrett (Women's Academy Head Coach)​

JoyfulPenguin

If either Golec or Aspropotamitis is out from the start of the season I would love to see Themba Muata-Marlow given an injury replacement contract to push Rowles or who ever returns from injury sooner of Golec and Apsropotamitis. He has been terrific in the NPL for APIA and has improved substantially since he left Newcastle. He is quick, agile, tall, only 24, has great positional sense and is good with his feet. He has been a very big part of APIA leading the NPL NSW this season and is only getting better. If Michael Glassock isn't ready for A-League action this season I think he would be a good, low risk and already paid for, addition to our squad.

Wombat

Looks like a good, clean boxer and sportsman. I like him.

He recently beat Chris Eubank Jr who is an awesome boxer and slick as they come.

He lost to the legendary tough guy Carl Froch previously in a very controversial stoppage while way ahead on the scorecards which led to a rematch in front of 80,000 at Wembley. He got knocked out.......it was voted knockout of the year in UK.

His only other lose was to Badou Jack who is a bad-arse and said Groves was his toughest ever opponent.

You might like this 12th Rd in Froch's first ever overseas title defence.

Wombat

If either Golec or Aspropotamitis is out from the start of the season I would love to see Themba Muata-Marlow given an injury replacement contract to push Rowles or who ever returns from injury sooner of Golec and Apsropotamitis. He has been terrific in the NPL for APIA and has improved substantially since he left Newcastle. He is quick, agile, tall, only 24, has great positional sense and is good with his feet. He has been a very big part of APIA leading the NPL NSW this season and is only getting better. If Michael Glassock isn't ready for A-League action this season I think he would be a good, low risk and already paid for, addition to our squad.

Rowles is a v.good player. Either we sign a starting 11 CB or we stick with Rowles, Golec and Aspro IMHO.

pjennings

I like Rowles and would actually prefer Golec to compete with Clisby at LB. Rowles at LB probably doesn't push forward as much as the more attacking fullbacks. Golec's penchant to go for a gallop every so often from CB shows that he is not afraid get forward. That would allow Kye to concentrate on his defensive duties at CB.

JoyfulPenguin

I like Rowles and would actually prefer Golec to compete with Clisby at LB. Rowles at LB probably doesn't push forward as much as the more attacking fullbacks. Golec's penchant to go for a gallop every so often from CB shows that he is not afraid get forward. That would allow Kye to concentrate on his defensive duties at CB.
He's a half decent crosser as well, hit the cross to Tomi Juric that won the Asian Champions League for them.

Rowdy

You're right PJ,
Golec does play better at LB than Rowles, fortunately for Rowles .... Golec also shits on him for the CB position.

Unfortunately for both of them (& us), they both DONT have the legs to be going up and down that left flank for 90 mins
.......... & this IS where Clisby will hopefully have it over both.

His body type lends to that role, skill-set 'to be decided' ??

For mine, Golec stood out & was above Baro, who as the Captain & with the bigger pay$packet .... I expected a better performance.

I can see Lord Golec taking up the left sided CB position again this season &
..... I'm calling it early ;)

.......... THE ARMBAND as well !!

JoyfulPenguin

You're right PJ,
Golec does play better at LB than Rowles, fortunately for Rowles .... Golec also shits on him for the CB position.

Unfortunately for both of them (& us), they both DONT have the legs to be going up and down that left flank for 90 mins
.......... & this IS where Clisby will hopefully have it over both.

His body type lends to that role, skill-set 'to be decided' ??

For mine, Golec stood out & was above Baro, who as the Captain & with the bigger pay$packet .... I expected a better performance.

I can see Lord Golec taking up the left sided CB position again this season &
.......... I'm calling it early ;)

... THE ARMBAND as well !!
Golec was terrific last season, worried how he will recover after missing a chunk of pre-season though. If he performs at the same level he was at before his injury he will be our lock in LCB. If fit and performing to levels they have previously achieved my line up would be (assuming De Silva is gone)

Kennedy
McGing Cisse Golec Clisby
Hiariej Melling
McGlinchey
Hoole Pain
Gamerio/Simon (Depending on form)
Subs: Gauci, Rowles, Berry, Gamerio/Simon, Kekeris

JoyfulPenguin

Big call - but he seems to have really found his place here. I was thinking Tom - but Lord Golec certainly deserves consideration.
If Golec is fit an raring to go from the start of the season I would give it to him. If not our lord and savior Tom, Tom is silky and extremely talented but I do wonder if he has the grit to be a captain.

Rowdy

Australian paper The Daily Telegraph reports that Usain Bolt is on the verge of a shock move to the club, realising his childhood football dreams.
The Mariners are close to securing a six-week contract for legendary Jamaican sprinter Bolt, with the hopes that it could turn into a season-long deal should his initial spell at the club go to plan

The Usain Bolt rumour ...... deservedly has his own thread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred