• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Timmah

Reading the little cutout text, it looks like he's coming for a six-week trial, which if successful could be a season long signing. Very interesting.

pjennings

Consider the source. When was the last time the Daily Telegraph got anything correct about CCMFC?

JoyfulPenguin

The Daily Telegraph is gutter trash, I highly doubt this actually happening. If it is well, Sean/Charlesworth I am deeply disappointed. I cannot see this being a decision made by Mike Mulvey or any of our football department. I guess the singular positive, if it is actually happening, is we get a ton of relatively free publicity if only publicity on how unbelievably shit we are.

Rowdy

Surely this cant be Mike Phelan's first bit of handywork for CCM ? Could it ??

- Bolt was constantly talking up his msg's to Sir Alex, hitting him up for a trial at ManU .... whilst Phelan was by his side.

I'm thinking there could be some small truth to this from the normally shite Terrorgraph.

pjennings

Surely this cant be Mike Phelan's first bit of handywork for CCM ? Could it ??

- Bolt was constantly talking up his msg's to Sir Alex, hitting him up for a trial at ManU .... whilst Phelan was by his side.

I'm thinking there could be some small truth to this from the normally shite Terrorgraph.

Mike is the Sporting Director. The COE is being transformed to cater for Athletics.

JoyfulPenguin

@JoyfulPenguin chill, it's a six week audition, says so on the front page.

If he makes the cut then we cross that bridge?
We shouldn't be giving all expenses paid trials to celebrities. Give to someone who actually earned it, fought for it and slogged for it. Give it to an NPL player who has fought tooth and nail to try and forge a way to the professional level while working full time. Give to someone who truly bloody deserves it and has worked, week in week out their whole bloody life. This makes my blood boil, players across the country sacrifice so much to get a quarter of the opportunity he is getting and he can swan on in?

Rowdy

Dear @Shaun Mielekamp

... If you're seriously going to pull this 'Bolt' deal off you should be hitting Optus up with this pitch.
- (& I'm being serious, as have daydreamed about having them as major sponsor & possibillities for over a decade)

Optus .... Yes :
A) Pay Bolts wages !!
- the minimum A-League requires
...... the guy doesn't need the ca$h, he's rolling in it.

In fact it would make more marketing sense for Bolt (& CCM) to accept THAT $min. figure ... to show how ...
(Headline reads)

"Bolt is Fair Dinkum about Football
- playing for $65k ALeague min. contract"

('Fair Dinkum' - yes ... you can use that as well .... overseas TV networks & papers WILL)

B) Optus/Yes .... NOW become our NEW major sponsor, their Aqua & Yellow font will 'pop' on our jerseys
- on a multi-year deal (min x3 ... that's the price/commitment req'd for the cross marketing of the Optus brand with Bolt now sporting our CCM jersey in their Optus NBN adverts)

Are Optus really committed to Football here in Australia ???

C) Optus cover the cost of a 'proper $750+k Marquee Player for every year of the 3 multi-year sponsorship deal '
- Fcuck it- make it a cool $1Million !
.... if they can afford to throw ca$h at the 2018 WC ...... & FCUK that up !!
..... then they can afford to back Bolt & CCM @ that comparitively cheap price.

Would love to see someone mock up both of our jerseys with Optus sponsor, as they seriously need to start kicking goals after their massive PR fail in handing back WC coverage to SBS after paying $8 MILLION DOLLARS for it.

.... well .... here's THAT opportunity.

Rowdy

If anyone has acess to Daily Telegraph exclusive story tommorrow morning today, can they plz 'cut&paste' onto here,
- NOT provide links, as they just :headbutt:paywall their shit
.... especially their exclusive shit :tophat:
.... such as this shit. :cool:

:wub:Taa, Roddy.

Last edited:

Holy

So Usain dream is to play football. I hope Jarryd Hayne doesn't have that dream tonight

Rowdy

& so the Circus begins ....

USAIN BOLT IN SHOCK A-LEAGUE MOVE:
1_630_1120_1_70_-News-GettyImages-975769234.jpg

Eight-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt is said to be making a shock move to the A-League in a bid to realise his dream of playing professional football.

News Corp is reporting that the retired sprinter is headed to the Central Coast Mariners where he'll undertake a six-week trial that could lead to a season-long signing.

If so, it's a more modest destination to his much-publicised ambition of playing for iconic English side, Manchester United.

The cash-strapped Mariners collected the wooden spoon in last season's campaign and have been rebuilding under new coach Mike Mulvey.

On Monday they announced that former right hand man to Sir Alex Ferguson at United, Mike Phelan, has been appointed as their new Sporting Director.

0_0_0_0_70_-News-GettyImages-972630978.jpg

Bolt in action during an exhibition match in Paris last month

Once the fastest man on the planet, the 31-year-old Bolt played for Norwegian side Stromsgodset in a friendly against Norway's U19s earlier in this year.

In June he featured in an exhibition football match between France's 1998 World Cup team and a FIFA 98 that included former international players. He has also played in Soccer Aid for UNICEF 2018 - a match between England and The Rest of the World at Old Trafford.

But his post-athletics dreams have not been confined to football. In the past the Jamaican has expressed interest in playing pro basketball and in cricket's Big Bash League.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred