• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

Wombat

I totally changed my tune on Izzo this year but he reverted back to the basketcase we had in goal last season tonight.

We can do far far better.

pjennings

I was listening to 96.3 at half time. Jake Adelson was on. Chat on his injury etc.
Not expected back soon. Then, " where do you see yourself in five years time"
Answer "overseas". He said he came back from overseas due to injuries, but
wants to head back to England. Sounds like he's with us to get over his injuries
then he's off. If he stays with us short term I hope they get a transfer fee.
I know he's young but he could be a bit more diplomatic, like "I'll come back from
injury first and see what happens".

TBH - that is exactly one of the reasons we should sign him - on a 2 year deal with a decent buyout clause. He will be cheap next season because of his injuries. If he shines and is a star and wants to go OS at the end of next season that is exactly the thing Mike wants. Make the buyout clause high so that he we have some leverage and can add sell-on clauses. If he is HAL level then we have a HAL level player and we upgrade his contract to reflect that. If the signing for 2 years is a mistake at least it is a cheap mistake.

JoyfulPenguin

I was listening to 96.3 at half time. Jake Adelson was on. Chat on his injury etc.
wants to head back to England. Sounds like he's with us to get over his injuries
I know he's young but he could be a bit more diplomatic, like "I'll come back from

They also seems to think Izzo to Adelaide was a done deal.
TBH - that is exactly one of the reasons we should sign him - on a 2 year deal with a decent buyout clause. He will be cheap next season because of his injuries. If he shines and is a star and wants to go OS at the end of next season that is exactly the thing Mike wants. Make the buyout clause high so that he we have some leverage and can add sell-on clauses. If he is HAL level then we have a HAL level player and we upgrade his contract to reflect that. If the signing for 2 years is a mistake at least it is a cheap mistake.
Just put it as an option instead of being set in stone. So if he plays (x) amount of games he automatically gets another year. Include the high buy out clause, he isn't in a particularly strong bargaining position at the moment and we as a club need to get better at using contracts to our advantage.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I totally changed my tune on Izzo this year but he reverted back to the basketcase we had in goal last season tonight.

We can do far far better.
Izzo has been brilliant all season - but everybody can have a bad game. I'd still be very happy to see him stick with us

Anyway, why are people convinced he's going to Adelaide? what have I missed?

JoyfulPenguin

Izzo has been brilliant all season - but everybody can have a bad game. I'd still be very happy to see him stick with us

Adelaide's footy journalist (Val Migliaccio who's son is apparently a shit goalkeeper) and soccer stoppage time have been reporting it.

Big Al

https://twitter.com/Val61/status/834251735765913600

Val Migliaccio Verified account‏ @Val61
Hearing Adelaide United close to signing Paul Izzo from Mariners and Taylor Regan close to extending his contract @TheTiserSport

They also seems to think Izzo to Adelaide was a done deal.

Pirate Pete

There have been rumours for a while. Yesterday on Coast FM they seemed to think it was a done deal.
Seemed to think Eugene Galekovic was retiring to become goalkeeping coach due to injury.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Door. Arse. Slam.
He knows the rest. If a player doesn't want to be part of what Okon is trying to build can go.

Yep. Just another opponent we can boo.

Though if it really is anger at copping flak at his last season's performance that drives it.......welllllll...............................

Wombat

The mail is he is Gonski.

I still think he will be the player of the year this season but obviously there are far superior keepers than Izzo available.

Big Al

If Gonski should we just bench him for the rest of the year?

Seasons over and then we can get an extended look at Ivan who I think would be a good No 2 again next year. We need his experience in the dressing room and I think he is a lot better than his SFC game

pjennings

The mail is he is Gonski.

I still think he will be the player of the year this season but obviously there are far superior keepers than Izzo available.

I'm struggling to think of an Aussie keeper that is unattached or likely to be unattached. Australia keeping stocks are probably at a fairly low ebb, Maybe we need to look at a visa player if Izzo goes but I'd be loathe to do that.

pjennings

If Gonski should we just bench him for the rest of the year?

Seasons over and then we can get an extended look at Ivan who I think would be a good No 2 again next year. We need his experience in the dressing room and I think he is a lot better than his SFC game

While ever we are a mathematical chance I say we play for this season. If Izzo goes, without a standout option, I'd be keen to grab a couple of keepers that can do the job that will push each other. Maybe Ben Kennedy and Chis Oldfield (though he needs to get his citizenship).

Wombat

I'm struggling to think of an Aussie keeper that is unattached or likely to be unattached. Australia keeping stocks are probably at a fairly low ebb, Maybe we need to look at a visa player if Izzo goes but I'd be loathe to do that.

I saw a better keeper playing for city yesterday...defo gonna be available.;)

Wombat

While ever we are a mathematical chance I say we play for this season. If Izzo goes, without a standout option, I'd be keen to grab a couple of keepers that can do the job that will push each other. Maybe Ben Kennedy and Chis Oldfield (though he needs to get his citizenship).

maybe NOT Ben Kennedy.

Manny_ccm

Is Jamie Young available after this season? He's been very decent for the Roar when given the opportunity behind Theo.
Arnie passed up on him, ripped up our no dickheads policy and took Reddy instead...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred