• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

justafan

Is this guy for real? He's our worst defender. He's also a bad team mate. After roar's third he knew what was coming and he played "sick boy". He abandoned ship while it was sinking. I believe it was bs. There was nothing wrong with him. Offers from around the world? Maybe a team from the 3rd division in Mongolia. Zac, your full of shit. Just leave mate and be thankful that you've ever got to play first grade football. You would struggle to get a spot in a NPL side. I believe you're a law student. Stick to it or pursue a career in modelling which is what you always do while playing. An advise to the Central Telegraph: This belongs to the session of fictional articles.

localpom

One things for sure...it will be an interesting off season. At this rate we will need about 10 new players, a coach, assistant coach(Hutch?)....... On Ando, not sure about all the stories, he seems a decent guy but hasn't been able to take his chance when given and i'm not convinced he will ever be a starting player for us. We need better CB's if we are to compete next season. Two CB's who would get into most other A league sides and two strikers capable of scoring 10 plus a season are the absolutely minimum for me.

MagpieMariner

Two strikers capable of scoring 5 each would be better than what we have right now. In fact 5 between them would be something.

Wombat

No.PositionPlayer
1. GKMatthew Nash. Not sure.....
DFStorm Roux. Keep.
DFJoshua Rose. Keep.
MFJacob Poscoliero. Keep.
DFZachary Anderson. Cut.
DFBrent Griffiths. Cut.
7 MFJohn Hutchinson (Captain). Retire.
8 MFNick Montgomery (Vice-captain). Keep as capt.
MFAnthony Cáceres. Keep
FWNicholas Fitzgerald. Keep
GKLiam Reddy. Keep.
FWTravis Major. Youth player.
MFMatt Sim. Cut.
MFLiam Rose. Not sure.
No.PositionPlayer
MFRichárd Vernes (on loan fromBudapest Honvéd)
MFGlen Trifiro. Not sure.
19 FWMatt Simon. I would have kept.
20 MFAnthony Kalik. Keep.
21 DFMichael Neill. Keep
22 MFTom Slater. Cut
23 MFIsaka Cernak.....keep as squaddie.
24 DFHayden Morton. Cut
25 DFEddy Bosnar. Cut.
26 MFFábio Ferreira. Keep.
27 DFZachary Cairncross. Youth.
28 FWJoshua Bingham. Youth.
MFDejan Pandurevic. Youth

pjennings

Pretty well spot on except Cairncross at 25 is too old for the youth side so I would suggest that he won't make the squad next year

Opens up the squad for a big turnover

Pandurevic, Slater, Bingham I would try to place at Everton.

Nash might take a GK coaching role with the Academy and Youth depending on how big JC's involvement with the Socceroos becomes.

Sim is contracted for another year so we would need to place him somewhere
Bosnar, Griffiths, Morton, Simon and Major are all off contract.
Hutch is retiring

Leaves us with 15 players and plenty of room.

Reddy, Neill, Rose, Poscoliero, Roux, Montgomery, Caceres, Kalik, McGing, Trifiro, L. Rose, Vernes, Fitzgerald, Ferriera, Cernak

We need on top of them, 1 GK, 3 CB, 1 RB, 1 LW, 2 experienced CS, 2 young CS and a Marcos or Kim replacement.

Wombat

Turned 25 on 1/1/15 no longer a Youth Player, and anyway, as pj says above he was only on a contract until the end of this season.

Your irreverent view on Cernak has been expressed before and I disagree. imo Cernak has shown enough to be regarded as a starter, and not just a squaddie.

With respect.....that shows your lack of Football acumen.
All show and no go could be one description.....as in he tries hard but lacks the X factor. Matty and Dukey could both be accused of lacking polish in the final third but both players are far superior to Cernak imho.
If I was being harsh I would cut him but feel he worked hard enough and did enough (1 goal?) to get another season as a useful squad player.

localpom

All show and no go could be one description.....as in he tries hard but lacks the X factor. Matty and Dukey could both be accused of lacking polish in the final third but both players are far superior to Cernak imho.
If I was being harsh I would cut him but feel he worked hard enough and did enough (1 goal?) to get another season as a useful squad player.
I'm in the Cernak camp. I think he has that X factor, has ability to beat players and get behind defences, can score goals,tracks back and defends, good team player, right age, will improve with a decent pre season and games. Still a bit raw and isn't a first team certainty for next season if we recruit well but has definately done enough IMO to get a new contract.

dibo

He's 26, came on with leaps and bounds this year, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be given a chance. We re-signed Fitzgerald for two years, and I'm less convinced by his performances this year than Cernak. And Matt Sim is on for another year, Trifiro for another two. The only logic I can see for not signing Cernak is that we don't have space for middling standard players, but the fault there is more with the players we've already locked in rather than Cernak himself. At the moment I'd have him for another year ahead of Sim or Fitz.

Gratis

I'm in the Cernak camp. I think he has that X factor, has ability to beat players and get behind defences, can score goals,tracks back and defends, good team player, right age, will improve with a decent pre season and games. Still a bit raw and isn't a first team certainty for next season if we recruit well but has definately done enough IMO to get a new contract.
agreed. in fact i think with a working team structure and some confidence in the players around him and the X might just start leaping out of him

nearlyyellow

Thanks for the respect. Yep, I do lack the lifelong football knowledge that you're always saying you have ....
I *know* that we'll do well this season. But, my tip for a flyer this season is MV
Yes, I was wrong about us. :( But cheeze, I don't want to beat my own drum, on Sep 18, 2014 I said that my tip for a flyer this season is MV.

3 games to go for MV, Jets, home game for MV, gotta get 3 points for that, Roar, away game for MV, probably get 3 for that as well, and last round CCM at AAMI, they'll be lucky to get away with a draw for that one to finish the season. :overheadl: They'll get the top spot all right. Especially if PG are penalised points. ;) Nah, I've got no football acumen at all. :-|

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred