• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

tsd

: goal keepers :

Reddy - 15/ 16
Nash - 14/15

: defenders :

J Rose (LB, CB) - 16/17
Anderson (CB) - 14/15
Griffiths (CB, LB) 14/15
Bosnar (CB) - 14/15
Roux (RB) - 16/17
Morton (RB) - 14/15
Neil (LB) - 14/15
Sim (LB, LM) - 15/16
Poscoliero (CB, RB) - 14/15

: midfielders :

Montgomery (DM) -16/17
Caceres (DM, AM) - 16/17
Hutchinson (DM, LM) 14/15
Kalik (AM/DM) - 16/17
Slater (LW) -15/16
Trifiro (AM, DM)- 14/15
L rose (MID) 15/16

: forwards :

Fitzgerald (LW, RW) 16/17
Cernak (CF, RW)- 14/15
Simon (CF) - 14/15
Duke - (CF, RW) 15/16
Vernes - (CF, LW, RW) - 15/ 16 (on loan)
Major = (CF) - 15/16
Pandurevic - (LW, RW) - 14/15

Last edited:

rbakersmith

new keeper (reddy out)

Unless you can come up with a more capable alternative then I see no reason why we shouldn't re-sign Reddy for at least another season.

Seip definitely has to go, he would rank up there as one of our worst purchases.

If WeeMac does well in J1 this year then I can't see him coming back - Arnie would be able to offer more than we could. Similarly I don't think we could open the purse strings enough to bring Bernie back permanently.

sydmariner

Unless you can come up with a more capable alternative then I see no reason why we shouldn't re-sign Reddy for at least another season.

Seip definitely has to go, he would rank up there as one of our worst purchases.

If WeeMac does well in J1 this year then I can't see him coming back - Arnie would be able to offer more than we could. Similarly I don't think we could open the purse strings enough to bring Bernie back permanently.
:postcount:

VicMariner

I'd like us to get a gun striker who will push for the Golden Boot.
More often than not a team wins a trophy with a player vying for the GB and almost always makes the finals where anything can happen.
In 5 out of 8 completed HAL seasons the team with the GB winner or runner up have won a trophy.
Also everyone loves a regular goal scorer, it will help put bums on seats.

Roy Law

You missed out Liam Rose, a middy, who is also joining us from the AIS.
I saw something the other day that said Reddy is likely to get an extended contract; will Pasfield still be around?
I would like to know who is out of contract at the end of this season: Flores? Kwasnik?
Trifiro and Sim are only on short term loan deals - as is Bernie?
Bosnar is only til the end of this season?
It looks like we will have around 26 players for 23 spots which will be bad news for some but, in a perverse way, may mean we will have a relatively stable and settled squad.

sydmariner

I saw something the other day that said Reddy is likely to get an extended contract; will Pasfield still be around?
I would like to know who is out of contract at the end of this season: Flores? Kwasnik?
It looks like we will have around 26 players for 23 spots which will be bad news for some but, in a perverse way, may mean we will have a relatively stable and settled squad.
i hope passfield will be hear next season

pjennings

7 off contract this year including Sterj retiring

Reddy
Pasfield
Griffiths
Roux
Flores
Sterjovski
Simon

Rose
Neill
Anderson
Morton
Montgomery
Caceres
Hutchinson
Fitzgerald
Seung-Yong
Cernak
Curran
McGlinchey
Kwasnik

Seip
Kalik
Slater
Rose
Duke

eenfish

Seip is signed till 2016? Oi vey.

Keeping Roux has to be priority number 1 as far as I'm concerned, followed by keeping Reddy. Those two (apart from Sainsbury) have been head and shoulders our best two performers in the stopping-people-from-scoring-against-us department. Also we better keep Griffiths, I rate him as high as any defender we got at the moment.

Simon, Pasfield, neither has done enough to deserve a new contract. That said, considering we keep Kwassy around I'm sure we can keep Simo around.

We need someone to transition in to replace Rosey. I love him, but he hasn't been the same player this season as years earlier.

Roy Law

Kwasnik must be on a perpetual rolling one year contract! no wonder he is always smiling :)
If Reddy does stay then I would expect him to be on an improved deal which may mean that we can't afford Pasfield.
Thank goodness Duke is contracted til 2016 - he might be given a chance to play up front by then ;)
And I think Michael Neil was lined up to take over from Rosey but injury ruined that plan.

pjennings

I think we are going to have to look at 26 players next year with Kalik, Slater and Liam Rose outside the 23 and the salary cap. If we don't we will struggle to cover each position adequately. I can't see Justin being resigned and TBH I think Reddy is really a second keeper so a starting keeper is needed. Sainsbury also needs to be replaced properly and a prolific striker is needed.

sydmariner

7 off contract this year including Sterj retiring

Reddy
Pasfield
Griffiths
Roux
Flores
Sterjovski
Simon

Rose
Neill
Anderson
Morton
Montgomery
Caceres
Hutchinson
Fitzgerald
Seung-Yong
Cernak
Curran
McGlinchey
Kwasnik

Seip
Kalik
Slater
Rose
Duke
I hope they re-sign simon:headbounce:

eenfish

I think we are going to have to look at 26 players next year with Kalik, Slater and Liam Rose outside the 23 and the salary cap. If we don't we will struggle to cover each position adequately. I can't see Justin being resigned and TBH I think Reddy is really a second keeper so a starting keeper is needed. Sainsbury also needs to be replaced properly and a prolific striker is needed.

Re: Reddy. Lets be honest, how many other keepers in the league have really stood out more than him? If it weren't for him our early season would've been a lot more grim. Apart from a future Mat Ryan like character, can we really find a better keeper in Australia? We have to look abroad, right? Who would we get? Is it really more important than finding a proper replacement for Sainsbury or getting a known quantity striker?

pjennings

Re: Reddy. Lets be honest, how many other keepers in the league have really stood out more than him? If it weren't for him our early season would've been a lot more grim. Apart from a future Mat Ryan like character, can we really find a better keeper in Australia? We have to look abroad, right? Who would we get? Is it really more important than finding a proper replacement for Sainsbury or getting a known quantity striker?
No - I think we need them all.

Wombat

Sad to say I wouldn't resign Sterj (retiring anyway). Pas or Griffo2 (although he might be a better defender than Ando.

How the f**k can Kwassie be signed till end of 2015....his knee is made of Playdo.

sydmariner

Sad to say I wouldn't resign Sterj (retiring anyway). Pas or Griffo2 (although he might be a better defender than Ando.

How the f**k can Kwassie be signed till end of 2015....his knee is made of Playdo.
who's gonna carry the drinks then

VicMariner

Vic
I think we could reduce a Golden boot player to a 5 goal a year player with our set up and style of play.
I agree....this season at least. :(
A top striker is no panacea, but even without good service half chances become goals. Think of the chances we've blown this season and then think of the less than half chances someone like Berisha has scored from.
I think pjennings is right about massive changes needed but with contract lengths and money issues it's a difficult thing. Where is the best bang for buck? I think probably a good striker.
Anyway, top teams have top strikers and I want us to have one!

pjennings

My crystal ball take on the changes

New starting GK - the Ryan replacement
Reddy re-signed as second keeper
New starting CB - the Sainsbury replacement
Griffiths re-signed as backup CB or a better CB signed
Roux re-sign
New starting striker - the Macca replacement
Flores will be re-signed after he proves his fitness
2 young strikers signed to develop

Sterj retiring
Pasfield - sorry but Reddy beats him for the 2nd keeper spot.
Wee-Mac to stay OS
Kwas to retire due to continuing injury problems.
Simon will try again in Asia

2015 squad 25 man (Kalik Rose and Slater counted outside the cap and squad size)

new starting GK
Reddy

Rose
Neill
new starting CB
Anderson
Seip
Griffiths
Roux
Morton

Montgomery
Caceres
Hutchinson
Curran
Kalik

Seung-Yong
Slater
Flores
Rose
Fitzgerald
Cernak

new genuine striker
young strikers X 2

Duke

Sterj, Wee-Mac and Simon leaving will free up a wedge of cash - and Pasfield and Kwas will free up some more. TBH though we may

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred