• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

garlo

I would tend to agree on most of this... Hasn't Ando given up on us though? There was that article last week saying that he was looking to move elsewhere.

I think Micky Neill and Rosie is a perfect situation for us actually. Provides cover from players that are both good quality. Not only that, but Rosie has also done reasonably as a CB earlier this season, so he gives a little bit of extra cover and comfort in a position where we've been struggling a bit lately.
A little bit similar to what Poscoliero provides on he other side, just in reverse.
The full-backs is where I feel by far the most comfortable for us... Indeed I think we look well past acceptable going into excellent in those roles.
If we can find a couple of good, stable CBs, we might go a long way towards creating a defence to almost rival the one that we've missed to badly the last couple of seasons with the added strength of being able to cater for horrible situations like this season where, at times, we've been without at least two of our first-choice defenders.
Was chatting with Ando and Bosnar after the game on the weekend and both said they were back with us next year. Going to be an interesting off season in terms of signings!
Cansdell Sheriff would be good imo! Also anyone else hearing Saba rumours ? Thoughts?

Haven't been on here in a while so it's good to be back :p

Capt. Awesome

Was chatting with Ando and Bosnar after the game on the weekend and both said they were back with us next year. Going to be an interesting off season in terms of signings!
Cansdell Sheriff would be good imo! Also anyone else hearing Saba rumours ? Thoughts?

Saba?? We don't need him when we have Caseres and Kalik. Saba would not fit our high tempo pressing game. He showed at WSW he was very lazy in defence.

garlo

Saba?? We don't need him when we have Caseres and Kalik. Saba would not fit our high tempo pressing game. He showed at WSW he was very lazy in defence.
Yeah couldn't agree more - just hearing It from a few different friends and his Twitter says he is heading back to the aleague!

Gratis

welcome back!

Reactions: adz

Capt. Awesome

Interesting quote from Walmsley in this FFT article.

“Where we’ll get the most benefit out of Everton is in recruitment,” Walmsley said.

Their shadow squad, their reserves and under-21 squads will have some outstanding talent which could be very handy going forward in the squad for next season.”

Previously they have only mentioned recruiting from their under 21 side. Looks like we might have a wide pool to chose from.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...mariners-cap-woe-walmsley#HRevrOizo8MHDcpD.99

nearlyyellow

In the pages and pages before this post we haven't mentioned that other Moss signing, Richard Vernes, who is currently injured. He is only 23, so still a relatively young bloke, signed until 2015/16 as a visa player, on loan. Does anybody have any news on his recuperation, is he training, likely to figure in this year's pre-season games? We really haven't, imo, had enough time to fully evaluate him, but I thought that what we did see of him showed some promise. Bear in mind that he was playing under the now discredited Moss style of play, and he may perform better under the newly announced Walmsley style of play. What does everyone here think, keep or discard? My opinion, maybe we should keep him, bench him, use him as a squaddie until proven fully fit and capable of performing in the new CCM style. Then maybe promote to the run on side, or keep him on the bench for injury cover. :unsure:

localpom

In the pages and pages before this post we haven't mentioned that other Moss signing, Richard Vernes, who is currently injured. He is only 23, so still a relatively young bloke, signed until 2015/16 as a visa player, on loan. Does anybody have any news on his recuperation, is he training, likely to figure in this year's pre-season games? We really haven't, imo, had enough time to fully evaluate him, but I thought that what we did see of him showed some promise. Bear in mind that he was playing under the now discredited Moss style of play, and he may perform better under the newly announced Walmsley style of play. What does everyone here think, keep or discard? My opinion, maybe we should keep him, bench him, use him as a squaddie until proven fully fit and capable of performing in the new CCM style. Then maybe promote to the run on side, or keep him on the bench for injury cover. :unsure:
Keep. We haven't really seen enough to make a decsion, he is young and seems to have the right attitude and might flourish with a more attacking style.

dibo

I think he had games this year where he looked great, and others where he barely did anything. Perth at home early in the year and Newcastle away in November he was very sharp.

A truly shit player never has the good game, only a player with actual potential has the good game. Train him, excite him, motivate him into giving the powerful performance and we're onto something.

Atomic

I can only recall him on one occassion tbh, and I can't even remeber against who... He looked very good, but had no engine due to poor fitness. Train the f**k out of him in the off season and I reckon we'll see some reward.

On the upside, he is a known quantity. We know he isn't going to get "homesick" ala Perez and Mane, plus we know he isn't a cancer in the change room, ala Nicky Travis

Gratis

as stated already he was below par fitness and fitting into a team that wasn't working - despite that he showed signs of real skill and an intelligence for the game

given fitness and the team style and licence we seem to have going forward I'm confident he'll be a real gem and a starting 11 player in no time

Atomic

It's funny how life works... here I am saying that Vernes will be a real asset moving forward, then I go and have lunch with someone "in the know" ;) and he tells me Venes will be gone at the end of the season. He says that the only reason he is still around now is so that CCM can claim his wages on insurance. Apparently, if a player is injured for > 6 weeks, it's claimable.

There you go.

nearlyyellow

CCM can claim his wages on insurance. Apparently, if a player is injured for > 6 weeks, it's claimable.
Boy, the premiums across the board in the HAL must be quite a decent %'age of each club's operating expenses. :eek:
EDIT: Then again, what's the point of keeping him until the end of the season? If it's a zero cost after insurance claims it would be simpler on all the support staff to just let him go ASAP, wouldn't it? That's my simple assessment anyway, cut your losses if the decision has been made.

sydmariner

It's funny how life works... here I am saying that Vernes will be a real asset moving forward, then I go and have lunch with someone "in the know" ;) and he tells me Venes will be gone at the end of the season. He says that the only reason he is still around now is so that CCM can claim his wages on insurance. Apparently, if a player is injured for > 6 weeks, it's claimable.

There you go.
Is it the "sauce guy";) that hangs around with Golly

Roy Law

Would we miss him if he goes? I don't think so. We only have five visa spots and I want them filled by players who will make a difference. It is a shame for him he got injured but he was hardly setting the house on fire. Monty is the epitome of a visa player; I want more like him, please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred