• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

pjennings

My reading of the tea leafs is we have 10 quality players other sides would want add a decent striker and centre back plus reasonable subs and we will be very competitive next year..

My current squad to build around..

Mids:- Caceras., Fab, Kallic, Monty and Liam Rose...

Backs:- Poscoliero, Rose, Storm and Michael Neil

Goals:- Reddy

That's a good base to start with. I'd throw in Poscoliero, Cernak and Fitzy. The real need is still CBs and strikers.

The strikers that have been referred to from Everton don't inspire confidence. I would like to pick up Chris Long from Everton - currently on loan with Brentford in the Championship and plus buy another striker that will deliver 12-15 goals a season.

nebakke

I can't quite work out whether we need a good striker or a good CB more.
During Arnie's rule, we did well with a couple of decent strikers with poor targeting but an almost impenetrable defence. They'd get the ball forward enough that, eventually, one or two of the dodgy attempts would make it past the opposition goalie.

A major issue this season, has been the shakiness starting from behind meaning that the ball rarely made it to the strikers in a reasonable position in the first place. And when it did, they still couldn't hit the target.
I feel like, if we're going to be playing more attacking football, we may want to focus on trying to find an efficient, strong striker and hope that we can rebuild our defence based on the last couple of games (ignoring Brisbane).... If we're lucky we can get one of each - at least... But I can't remember the last time we managed something like that.

localpom

I can't quite work out whether we need a good striker or a good CB more.
During Arnie's rule, we did well with a couple of decent strikers with poor targeting but an almost impenetrable defence. They'd get the ball forward enough that, eventually, one or two of the dodgy attempts would make it past the opposition goalie.

A major issue this season, has been the shakiness starting from behind meaning that the ball rarely made it to the strikers in a reasonable position in the first place. And when it did, they still couldn't hit the target.
I feel like, if we're going to be playing more attacking football, we may want to focus on trying to find an efficient, strong striker and hope that we can rebuild our defence based on the last couple of games (ignoring Brisbane).... If we're lucky we can get one of each - at least... But I can't remember the last time we managed something like that.
We definately need both but if one is more important than the other it would be a couple of strikers. Lets face it we don't have a single natural goalscorer right now and if we can score reguarly then we can leak a few. The club can't push an attacking philosophy without a potent attacking force. I think at the back one class CB at least is needed to compliment Ando/Boz/Pos, and maybe Rosey (assuming Micky Neill will be lb).

midfielder

Interesting if we could have Ryan, Sainsbury, Wiklo, Olly B, Musty, Abini, Rogic, Griffiths, weeMac … back in the side today as Arnold had … throw Jedi in the mix as well

imagine in a 4-3-3

Ryan goals

Sainsbury and Wilko as CD

Def Mids… Jedi , Griffiths, Olly b

Att Mids …weeMac, Rogic, Musty

Bench

Abini

By fark the Hal 7 & 8 side had some talent ..

justafan

Interesting if we could have Ryan, Sainsbury, Wiklo, Olly B, Musty, Abini, Rogic, Griffiths, weeMac … back in the side today as Arnold had … throw Jedi in the mix as well

imagine in a 4-3-3

Ryan goals

Sainsbury and Wilko as CD

Def Mids… Jedi , Griffiths, Olly b

Att Mids …weeMac, Rogic, Musty

Bench

Abini

By fark the Hal 7 & 8 side had some talent ..

Monty for Griffiths or Olly
Caceres for any of the other three

dibo

Monty for Griffiths or Olly
Caceres for any of the other three
Ignoring the bizarre formation (5 central midfielders, no fullbacks, one wide midfielder only), I'd say that Monty and Olly are pretty different players, but Rostyn is a class above if it's an enforcer you want. In our first game against them this year he was brutal, and everywhere. Super player, not surprised he wants to head OS again.

Caceres might edge out Rogic, but not Musti or WeeMac.

justafan

Ignoring the bizarre formation (5 central midfielders, no fullbacks, one wide midfielder only), I'd say that Monty and Olly are pretty different players, but Rostyn is a class above if it's an enforcer you want. In our first game against them this year he was brutal, and everywhere. Super player, not surprised he wants to head OS again.

Caceres might edge out Rogic, but not Musti or WeeMac.

That's the beauty of football. The diversity of opinions.

Last edited:

pjennings

Crystal ball time ;) - based purely on rumours, speculation and need- i.e. no real basis in fact

Outgoing
Nash to get an Academy GK gig
Sim to be placed elsewhere
Anderson will not be re-signed
Morton will not be re-signed
Pandurevic - resigned and loaned to Everton
Vernes - will be released
Slater - loaned to Everton
Bingham - loaned to Everton

Incoming/Resigning
Bosnar will be re-signed
Cernak will be re-signed
Mitch Austin will be bought in as cover for Neil, Josh and Fitz
Brendan Galloway on loan from Everton
Shane Candell-Sherriff will be bought in to strengthen CB stocks
Gethin Jones (non-visa) on loan from Everton
Christopher Long on loan from Everton
Better 2nd keeper bought
Strong CS bought
4 youngsters bought into train with the first team squad including Trent Buhagiar

Reddy/2nd Keeper
Jones
/Roux-Poscoliero/Candell-Sherriff-Galloway/Bosnar-Neil/Austin
Monty/McGing
Caceres/Trifiro-Kalik/Rose
Ferriera/Cernak-new CS/Long-Josh Rose/Fitzgerald

Capt. Awesome

According to Fox, Walmsley is interested in midfielder Mitch Austin from Cambridge United.

Not sure why. He is 25 and hasn't really done much in England. But you never know, Walmsley might see something in him. He would be a minimum wager.

Last edited:

Gratis

I suspect we won't send too many to Everton on loan, partly because I haven't heard anything about any loans going in that direction at all and partly because why would Everton want them?

dibo

According to Fox, Walmsley is interested in midfielder Mitch Austin from Cambridge United.

Not sure why. He is 25 and hasn't really done much in England. But you never know, Walmsley might see something in him. He would be a minimum wager.
Why would a 25yo move across to the other side of the world to make $50k/yr?

nebakke

My thoughts too, but - in fairness - there are a couple of things that might make it a little more enticing, looking at his Wikipedia page.

1) Strictly speaking, he is Australian and might be interested in coming 'home' for a bit, even if he was born there ;)
2) While the A-league certainly isn't La Liga, on paper at least, it probably sounds/looks better to say that you played 'top-flight' in just about any country, than it does saying 'third division' (effectively)
3) Might be sick of being loaned out even from his current third tier club and be looking for some actual game-time with any sort of 'first'-tier - see 2
4) How much is he currently on? - For all we know, he might be on $40k/year right now, so $50k might not look so bad ;)

localpom

I think he would come to get more game time and more exposure. If he can nail down a starting spot in the A league and do well he will get noticed and potentially move on to bigger things. At 25 he is at the point where he needs regular game time and stability for a couple of years. Doesn't look like he is getting that in the UK. He is also an Aussie so no visa spot and will be back with his family. I thought he would be back up for Monty/L.Rose but looks like he is a left winger? Would he be a better prospect than Cernak or Fitzy? Not sure but in Walmsley we trust. :)

justafan

Are you related?
Are you related?

Yes, I am. You're not such a wombat after all. I'm also related to Monty, Triffiro, Ferreira, Reddy, Birnie( my father worked in Africa back in the 90's ), Antonis, Carrusca, Finkler, etc. I'm related to all those I rate. I'm so lucky to have such a talented bunch in the family. But I must admit that Cac is my favourite cousin followed by my pommie half brother Monty. You smart ass. You got me.
Dear marsupial, are you a Cac hater ? or maybe a hater of those that play good skilful football ?

Last edited:

justafan

Crystal ball time ;) - based purely on rumours, speculation and need- i.e. no real basis in fact

Outgoing
Nash to get an Academy GK gig
Sim to be placed elsewhere- Good
Anderson will not be re-signed- Good
Morton will not be re-signed= Good
Pandurevic - resigned and loaned to Everton
Vernes - will be released- Good
Slater - loaned to Everton
Bingham - loaned to Everton

Incoming/Resigning
Bosnar will be re-signed- Please don't
Cernak will be re-signed- Good
Mitch Austin will be bought in as cover for Neil, Josh and Fitz
Brendan Galloway on loan from Everton
Shane Candell-Sherriff will be bought in to strengthen CB stocks
Gethin Jones (non-visa) on loan from Everton
Christopher Long on loan from Everton
Better 2nd keeper bought
Strong CS bought
4 youngsters bought into train with the first team squad including Trent Buhagiar

Reddy/2nd Keeper
Jones
/Roux-Poscoliero/Candell-Sherriff-Galloway/Bosnar-Neil/Austin
Monty/McGing
Caceres/Trifiro-Kalik/Rose
Ferriera/Cernak-new CS/Long-Josh Rose/Fitzgerald

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads