• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Atomic

According to Fox, Walmsley is interested in midfielder Mitch Austin from Cambridge United.

Not sure why. He is 25 and hasn't really done much in England. But you never know, Walmsley might see something in him. He would be a minimum wager.
My mail is... wait for it... Cernak will be leaving at the end of the season.

Does anyone know how much he is on? I was told $200K. Perhaps Warmsely is thinking that we can find a similar player as Cernak, but at a much lower cost. I doubt it would be minimum wage though.

Gratis

that would be a shame - he's just growing into himself as a player and i reckon there's more in him yet

that said i'm happy to give Walmsley the benefit of knowing what he's doing and knowing the players

localpom

My mail is... wait for it... Cernak will be leaving at the end of the season.

Does anyone know how much he is on? I was told $200K. Perhaps Warmsely is thinking that we can find a similar player as Cernak, but at a much lower cost. I doubt it would be minimum wage though.
That would be a shame as he appears to be realizing his potential and he is at the right club to do this. If he was signed on 200k then i'm not sure what the club was thinking at the time (He may be worth it now but not then ). What the club are probably looking at is offloading players who are on decent salaries who can be replaced by cheaper players who can get the job done just as well....and young enough to potentially make a dollar out of them.There are also plenty of options on the left with Fitzy, Rosey (maybe), and Slater who seems to be making his way into the squad the last few weeks.

nebakke

$200k? Fark... Hope someone was having a lend of you.

Yeah, I like Cernak and I think he's done very well for us (and himself) this season but...

Considering how he'd been doing before coming our way, $200000 seems like an insane deal, that's what? A tenth of our overall budget... Wouldn't that put him on more than Hutch btw? - Thought I remembered seeing suggestions somewhere that Hutch was on 170000 or something along those lines.

I'd hate to see Cernak go though... For mine, he's been doing quite well, would like to see him progress.

Roy Law

Nice even if your own speculation and hopes; you must have plenty of spare time!
I really can't see why Everton would take Bingham or Slater, neither is anywhere near the standard an EPL club would take, but it would be interesting if they did.
I like the idea of a Mitch Austin although no idea if he is any good, and Cansdell-Sherriff, two Aussies coming home, but don't forget Trent McLenahan came from that lower level too.
I really don't want to keep Bosnar.
Do you think Jerrard Tyson would be a capable no 2 to challenge Reddy?
Christopher Long would be interesting and I am with you all the way with Trent Buhagiar

Roy Law

Cernak $200k? No wonder he smiles all the time! If that is true, which seems highly unlikely, then David Gallop had better audit our books to see if we are rorting the salary cap!

Atomic

$200k? Fark... Hope someone was having a lend of you.
I have trouble believing it too, but it was told to me in the same breath as the club think that they can get a replacement who can do a similar job at a much cheaper price. Low and behold, we now see a rumour about this fellow from Cambridge Utd. Coincidence? Perhaps... but at least there is a little bit of cred to it.

pjennings

Nice even if your own speculation and hopes; you must have plenty of spare time! As I said - based on rumours, speculation and need not really my hopes.
I really can't see why Everton would take Bingham or Slater, neither is anywhere near the standard an EPL club would take, but it would be interesting if they did. Agreed - but I equally can't see us wanting to let go of Kalik or Rose who they might be interested in - I expect them to get game time here. So speculation was really based on which youngsters would benefit from playing more.
I like the idea of a Mitch Austin although no idea if he is any good, and Cansdell-Sherriff, two Aussies coming home, but don't forget Trent McLenahan came from that lower level too. Based on rumours
I really don't want to keep Bosnar. Agreed - but based on rumours
Do you think Jerrard Tyson would be a capable no 2 to challenge Reddy? No - I don't think so
Christopher Long would be interesting and I am with you all the way with Trent Buhagiar

Wombat

Cernak is the sort of player that turns coaches grey.
He works hard, has good pace but makes a lot of mistakes and often takes the wrong option.....similar to Fitzy but slightly less direct.
I would think he would be on about 90k.
I don't see him as starting 11 material once we strengthen our squad but think he would make a useful squad player.
Can we get better.....without doubt.
If he really is on $200k then I'd half his wage or move him on.

Wombat

Yes, I am. You're not such a wombat after all. I'm also related to Monty, Triffiro, Ferreira, Reddy, Birnie( my father worked in Africa back in the 90's ), Antonis, Carrusca, Finkler, etc. I'm related to all those I rate. I'm so lucky to have such a talented bunch in the family. But I must admit that Cac is my favourite cousin followed by my pommie half brother Monty. You smart ass. You got me.
Dear marsupial, are you a Cac hater ? or maybe a hater of those that play good skilful football ?

I like Caceras. He has good balance and quick feet. He is a good prospect and is improving.
But he is far from the finished article and you seam to think he is an Australian Messi.

justafan

I like Caceras. He has good balance and quick feet. He is a good prospect and is improving.
But he is far from the finished article and you seam to think he is an Australian Messi.

Those are your conclusions mate. I've never compared our Cac to the Argentinian genius. In Australia we've never had or have a player that comes close to the latino wizard. Anyway, I'm glad that a wombat like yourself sees some qualities in our number 10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami