• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Forum Phoenix

It’s worth considering that both DDS and Hoole to a lesser extent could have filled that role but haven’t been able to do it consistently to the standard required. Especially with DDS you could see the clubs intention was good but he had too many invisible games to go with his bursts of talent.
Agre on DDS. Less so on Hoole.

I blame Okon too, he had DDS doing so much defensive work, and DDS surprised by doing it really well, too much so really, cause then Okon deployed him there - which was a folly I think Bikini Girl was the most rightly irate about.

He chose to solve one problem by making another, did not develop or make use of DDS’s natural game.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Latest tweet from Paolo - still bitter I think

Lol. Very bitter. With the right squad (that can play his way) I’m sure Okon could do well at HAL level, and he knows it. But the fact he never took any responsibility at the Mariners is the same reason why I think he’ll never be a great coach.

Can anyone cut and paste the pay wall article please?

Forum Phoenix

Very happy with that. I think there’s a great young centre back in there. Not as calm as Aspro but has fire. Nice header tonight, unlucky on the send off imo. His foot is not high and takes the ball cleanly. He can’t see the ankle of his opponent. Is he not supposed to play st it?

Last edited:

Wombat

Very happy with that. I think there’s great young centre back on there. Not ascapm as Aspro but has fire. Nice header tonight, unlucky on the send off imo. His foot is not high and takes the ball cleanly. He can’t see the ankle of his opponent. Is he not supposed to play st it?

Defo Red. Even the Jocks next too me knew it was gonna be red when they showed the replay. At full speed it looked a beautiful tackle but the replay was very damming (And one of my knick names was studs up)

Tim

I spoke briefly with Sean M tonight and he told me Staj signed for 3 years. I then pressed him about re-signing Tom H and he said that player signings/retention were “up to the coach”. If they have (wisely) locked up Staj, why not announce it? I would have thought most fans would see that as a plus and they could have made the announcement at half time...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
You think Pearce was playing for a job for next year ? If he was , then how come he was such utter bollocks all year until then ? Nup, i’d still punt the Bogan 4 in the off season ( Kennedy Hoole Nash and Pearce)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You think Pearce was playing for a job for next year ? If he was , then how come he was such utter bollocks all year until then ? Nup, i’d still punt the Bogan 4 in the off season ( Kennedy Hoole Nash and Pearce)
I'd also like to know why Kennedy has only just become good under Staj. Given the goalkeeping coach hasn't changed, surely the head coach has minimal impact.
Has Staj done something to change up their training? Or is it simply the way he's speaking to the players and keeping their head in the game?
I mean, if we had THIS Kennedy and THIS Pearce all season, we'd be nowhere near the wooden spoon (not saying it's solely their fault - there's a few single issues that were enough to put us there)

Big Al

I'd also like to know why Kennedy has only just become good under Staj. Given the goalkeeping coach hasn't changed, surely the head coach has minimal impact.
Has Staj done something to change up their training? Or is it simply the way he's speaking to the players and keeping their head in the game?
I mean, if we had THIS Kennedy and THIS Pearce all season, we'd be nowhere near the wooden spoon (not saying it's solely their fault - there's a few single issues that were enough to put us there)
Playing for contracts behind a much better defence. Only having to make two or three good saves a game instead of 10

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

I spoke briefly with Sean M tonight and he told me Staj signed for 3 years. I then pressed him about re-signing Tom H and he said that player signings/retention were “up to the coach”. If they have (wisely) locked up Staj, why not announce it? I would have thought most fans would see that as a plus and they could have made the announcement at half time...

Happy to have Staj signed for 3 years.
It is definitely the time for the club to move "All in".
Happy for Kye to be given 2 more years all he needs is a good experienced man beside him as does the Club.
Very impressed with Clisby's corners and thought he showed a lot more of what he is capable of.
I worry about Jem (if we are going to sign him). He has a great motor and covers a lot of ground with great enthusiasm but gives away far too many free kicks and could prove to be a liability with cards. He needs to play smarter in conserving energy and upsetting the refs. I would worry if he and Melling were our 2 DMs. If there is no chance of O'Neill having another year we need to hang onto Tommy as a creative DM and not as the further forward of three DMs as Staj has been playing him.
Gotta love Matty's passion, but really his strength is playing as an upfield defender attacking opposition backs when they have the ball. Unfortunately we need more from a striker. We really need to play Murray as a striker and not a winger.

I expect we will hear some mediocre signings (resignings and up and comers) in the next three weeks. I think it will be a while before we hear the important signings. The three big ones that will be essential are a keeper (like Jamie Young), a centre half (like Patrick Z.) and a creative AM (like Patricio Perez). Then I would also like to see a good quality striker to compete with Murray and a couple of a-League starting full backs and a winger or two of similar quality.
We may have to employ a Marquee to cover all our needs but I hope our two new board members will be able to arrange that.

We keep saying it but next season will be make or break and definitely "Last Chance Saloon" time. We must get it right and go forward on an improving trajectory for at least three years.

19/20 middle of table.
20/21 finals contender.
21/22 Prem and champ.

Realistically it will take that length of time.

Ancient Mariner

I agree with the first three but I would keep Pearce as a backup if he can really bulk up in the off season.
Think how Danny or even Reddy would have ploughed through our two defenders and Wanderers' attacker to claim that high ball that led to the penalty.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred