• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Michael

Who of the remaining players coming off contract is worth keeping around? Aside from the blatantly obvious ones in Tom and Jem. (Aiden 1000% not coming back, will take a miracle)
Every time I have a real think about it I always come back to the same players.

Kekeris, atleast 2 years. Especially with Pain gone. There’s an excellent prospect on our books and we NEED to blood him properly.

Rowles, atleast 2 years. Still has so much time to become a consistently good CB. Especially with a high quality pro guiding him.

Murray has apparently already signed and I’m very happy with that, with real attacking cohesion and service he’ll score goals.

The rest can literally go and f**k themselves if I’m honest. Thanks for helping destroy our club with your shitness.

I still strongly believe the only way we can get back to being a real football club again is building a squad by spending big on 12-13 players max and the remaining 10 slots given to our highly talented youth boys as back ups so that they see decent game time and develop and we go back to actually making money on our excellent prospects. The likes of Munford, Miller, Glassock, Nizzy, M’Bombwa etc.

And of the contracted players for next season, Simon and Wee Mac MUST retire. They are so far past what they were it’s laughable. Melling for all his determination is just not good enough and is taking minutes away from one of our technically superb youth boys. Exhibit A; Nisbet.

Assuming we keep Tom and Jem we can build a strong finals contending side around them, on paper.

New GK

New RB
New CB
Rowles
Clisby

Tom
Jem
New RW
New #10
Oar

New ST

Subs
Munford
Glassock
New Experienced pro
Kekeris
Murray

I feel like that’s honestly the best we can hope for, will we get anywhere near that? Most likely.... nope.

Ads

Who of the remaining players coming off contract is worth keeping around? Aside from the blatantly obvious ones in Tom and Jem. (Aiden 1000% not coming back, will take a miracle)
Every time I have a real think about it I always come back to the same players.

Kekeris, atleast 2 years. Especially with Pain gone. There’s an excellent prospect on our books and we NEED to blood him properly.

Rowles, atleast 2 years. Still has so much time to become a consistently good CB. Especially with a high quality pro guiding him.

Murray has apparently already signed and I’m very happy with that, with real attacking cohesion and service he’ll score goals.

The rest can literally go and f**k themselves if I’m honest. Thanks for helping destroy our club with your shitness.

I still strongly believe the only way we can get back to being a real football club again is building a squad by spending big on 12-13 players max and the remaining 10 slots given to our highly talented youth boys as back ups so that they see decent game time and develop and we go back to actually making money on our excellent prospects. The likes of Munford, Miller, Glassock, Nizzy, M’Bombwa etc.

And of the contracted players for next season, Simon and Wee Mac MUST retire. They are so far past what they were it’s laughable. Melling for all his determination is just not good enough and is taking minutes away from one of our technically superb youth boys. Exhibit A; Nisbet.

Assuming we keep Tom and Jem we can build a strong finals contending side around them, on paper.

New GK

New RB
New CB
Rowles
Clisby

Tom
Jem
New RW
New #10
Oar

New ST

Subs
Munford
Glassock
New Experienced pro
Kekeris
Murray

I feel like that’s honestly the best we can hope for, will we get anywhere near that? Most likely.... nope.

No way they will pay out Mcglinchy, Simon and Melling based on their previous decisions.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they try and integrate Danni DS back into the team instead of investing elsewhere.

New

New New New Clisby
Ingham Jem New New
DDS
Murray

Simon
Melling
Majok
Mcglinchy
Shabow
Keeper

Kekeris
Miller
Glassock
Nisbit
Gauci

Ads

Oar was pretty slow and when he tried to beat his man, he couldn’t get round.
Rowles good last ditch but lacks in almost every other facet.
So many variables but to get under the cap and have a decent team would need to clear out more than we can afford and make use of marquees and scholarship system.
Based on the here say we are in for another long year unless we snag 2 very influential marquees that can really bring out the players around them.

——————New——————
——————200k——————
New——Row——New——Clisby
300——150———ooc——200
Ing——Jem——New——Oar
150——300———300——400
——————DDS——————
——————200——————
——————New——————
——————ooc——————

Simon - 200k
Murray - 100k
Melling - 200k
Majok - 100k
Keeper - 80k

Shabow - 80k

Kekeris - 0
Miller - 0
Glassock - 0
Nisbit - 0
Gauci - 0

pjennings

No way they will pay out Mcglinchy, Simon and Melling based on their previous decisions.

Melling wouldn't be on too much and Simon hopefully can transition to a Academy/Community ambassador that plays occasionally and most of his salary can come from there.

The real problem one is McGlinchey - probably decent money and a visa player. Maybe as a parting gift Mike Phelan can find him a gig in Britain.

Second XI based on signed players youth and rumours could be

-------------------New GK----------------------
Miller---Glassock-----Rowles-----Clisby
-------------------Melling-----------------------
Simon-------Nisbet-----Shabow--Kekeris
------------------Murray-------------------------

Of those only Simon would be on big money. the new GK, Clisby, Melling and Murray probably medium money and Miller, Glassock, Rowles. Nisbet, Shabow and Kekeris fairly cheap.

If that can be the 2nd XI with a smattering of players that have decent HAL experience a stronger first XI can be built.

Michael

Find Melling an O/S move. If Appiah can find a good club in Korea and McGing a good club in Poland then Melling can too.
Surely retiring players don’t get pay outs?
I was around and spoke with kwassie regularly when he retired and his only pay outs were insurance from his injuries, which was a lot because that’s why he had to retire.
Simon and Wee Mac surely know they are past it. Simon never really took players on and went past them but he’s not even out running slow defenders for through balls. And wee Mac alwaysssss relied on his short speed bursts and link play. He hasn’t done that at all this season. Surely they know. Do what’s right boys, pack er up.

If DDS does come back with the right attitude consistently and works hard, I’ll still want to slap the little f**ker into next week but it’ll solve the #10 issue.

turbo

Do what’s right boys, pack er up.
You're asking them to walk away from a significant amount of money, possibly without anything else lined up. It's not going to happen unless the club has an off the pitch opportunity for them or they get an offer elsewhere. Their presence isnt on them it's on the club for making stupid signings. That said I'd be quite happy to see them go.

Also I think Melling is a decent bench player to keep around provided we aren't paying over normal rates. Has shown he can step up to start if needed and with more quality around him his shortcomings wont be as big of a deal. If people want Tom we need someone like that ready to pick up the slack if he gets injured again or needs to be rotated.

turbo

-Rowles-----Clisby
I think with our limitations Rowles and Clisby are likely to be first team players, but I don't think they are any worse than a bunch of others playing those roles at the moment elsewhere. Replace Aspro with someone who can lead the back line and they'll be better for it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If Appiah can find a good club in Korea .
Appiahs job wasn’t that good, his a scummer now...but yeah I can see we’re your going
Although, Melling has improved his decision making in the past couple of weeks...maybe he has a Staj-ism :vhappy:

Pirate Pete

Is Rowles staying. There was talk of him going to Melbourne City at one point.
Maybe even mentioned as early as Christmas.

Forum Phoenix

He has a year left on his contract doesn’t he? so I’m sure he’s staying. And no, I don’t think Melling is marquee material either ;)

Wombat

He is a good reserve grade player. Heaps of heart and endeavour. He should look at Leigh Broxham as a mentor.

Michael

Murray officially locked in for 2 more years.
Absolutely stoked. There’s a fantastic goal scorer in there given the right consistent service he has 10+ goal potential. (Purposely forgetting the couple goal line misses he had this season)
But he’s going to be much much better off for going through this season of adaption to full time footy. And mentally stronger too.

Fantastic attitude too. Need more like him.

Forum Phoenix

Murray officially locked in for 2 more years.
Absolutely stoked. There’s a fantastic goal scorer in there given the right consistent service he has 10+ goal potential. (Purposely forgetting the couple goal line misses he had this season)
But he’s going to be much much better off for going through this season of adaption to full time footy. And mentally stronger too.

Fantastic attitude too. Need more like him.

Wow, big wraps. I hope you’re right, 23 is a good age, and happy to develop him further and see, but only impressed me with his vertical leap for heading this season. I’d really love to be super excited, but have watched every minute of Murray and haven’t seen anything that merits being super excited by.

Doesn’t bang them in from range.
Doesn’t skin his man.
Doesn’t have electric pace.
Doesn’t have the strength for classic hold up play.

Seems to have a good calm head, and his highlight reel with Apia suggested excellent finisher. This year that didn’t bare out, but I’m still optimistic he can do much better as you say with consistent good service and hopefully he can win headers where it matters and bury them.

But no way do I see him getting 10 plus goals because I don’t see him starting for us if we use a visa spot on a striker - which we absolutely must imo.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Shame hes f**king shit though
Like many of our players, he's had a mixed performance.
But a lot also depends on the coach and the team around them. How many of our 'shit' players have gone on to be decent at other teams?

Next year - different coach, different approach, different team. So, it might be enough to get the best out of him.

i guess that's where the coach's skill in recruitment comes in - identifying if a player has reached their personal peak, or if he's able to get more out of a player.

But, our last few seasons have been dominated by players with 'potential'. If our off-season recruitment is nothing but 'players with potential' and 'overseas player nobody has ever heard of playing in the 3rd division but could probably do alright in our crappy league', then the fans aren't going to return.

We've all discussed what positions we need - but IMO we do need at least one big name signing in AM or striker.

AND, we need to f**king take the f**king offseason f**king seriously for f**k's sake.

If Staj has the same approach to the offseason as the last couple, then he can get fired before the season starts for all I care.

We NEED to have the hardest offseason out of every team. And we need to have a fitness and conditioning coach who is on top of their game. NFI who ours is, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they have the vaguest idea what they're doing.

Get us back to being the fittest team in the comp.

And as for the FFA cup, I don't need us to win it, but I want us to make it to the group of 8

Michael

Wow, big wraps. I hope you’re right, 23 is a good age, and happy to develop him further and see, but only impressed me with his vertical leap for heading this season. I’d really love to be super excited, but have watched every minute of Murray and haven’t seen anything that merits being super excited by.

Doesn’t bang them in from range.
Doesn’t skin his man.
Doesn’t have electric pace.
Doesn’t have the strength for classic hold up play.

Seems to have a good calm head, and his highlight reel with Apia suggested excellent finisher. This year that didn’t bare out, but I’m still optimistic he can do much better as you say with consistent good service and hopefully he can win headers where it matters and bury them.

But no way do I see him getting 10 plus goals because I don’t see him starting for us if we use a visa spot on a striker - which we absolutely must imo.

Partnered with said Visa striker (yes playing 2 strikers as strikers is still a thing) and using Murray as the pressing forward and running in behind etc. He’ll score goals
He’s been misused this season.
Gives us a hell of a lot more attacking input than Matty.

This is all dependent on quality attackers being brought in to help Jordan.

Joel Chianese for example used to be absolutely dogshit. Could argue he’s still very average. He’s been around quality and has improved and scores goals regularly now.

FFC Mariner

I like Muzz, really do but does anyone think they are going to drop the club captain for him? Staj plays a curriculum 4231 so if we signed a real quality visa player then Muzz will be wide right or on the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred