• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Ancient Mariner

Playing for contracts behind a much better defence. Only having to make two or three good saves a game instead of 10
Agree about playing behind a better defence, also both Kennedy and Pearce can be good on their day but like that idiot Janjetovik, both can be very flakey.
Good keeping is not just making great saves, it is mostly about consistency and good and quick decision making and great distribution.

Big Al

Agree about playing behind a better defence, also both Kennedy and Pearce can be good on their day but like that idiot Janjetovik, both can be very flakey.
Good keeping is not just making great saves, it is mostly about consistency and good and quick decision making and great distribution.
Absolutely the two are ordinary keepers but easy to look good now the structures are there

Forum Phoenix

Defo Red. Even the Jocks next too me knew it was gonna be red when they showed the replay. At full speed it looked a beautiful tackle but the replay was very damming (And one of my knick names was studs up)

I was pissed at the time because he clearly didn’t mean it. But I don’t really have a complaint against the red as the contact was very nasty. But I still don’t think it was malicious or intentional unlike Hamills (which was much worse by all other measures accept there’s no heavy contact because Aiden jumps) and there’s no red and no carrying on by the commentators. Could have crippled one of Australia’s best young prospects.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I spoke briefly with Sean M tonight and he told me Staj signed for 3 years. I then pressed him about re-signing Tom H and he said that player signings/retention were “up to the coach”. If they have (wisely) locked up Staj, why not announce it? I would have thought most fans would see that as a plus and they could have made the announcement at half time...

Thanks for the heads up. I think you just can’t announce until all paper work has gone through, even though terms have been agreed. I’m sure they’d like too as well.

Forum Phoenix

Playing for contracts behind a much better defence. Only having to make two or three good saves a game instead of 10
True, however last night Pearce prowled his area, had a much higher line and with the exception of the ball in that resulted in their pen he made great clean aerial interceptions that imo any good HAL keeper should.

That means you defend less balls and feel more secure in return as a defender.

But Kennedy did actually come for things last week. Which I’m not joking, he has not all season. Something must have been said. But the fact he was dropped gives me no end of hope that Staj has more than a clue.

Forum Phoenix

Absolutely the two are ordinary keepers but easy to look good now the structures are there
I don’t know. Kids only 22 and a great height for a keeper. Lot of time to develop and if his head is on straight he’s going to be a lot better keeper in 2-3 years. Question is, is he ready for HAL. Last nights answer was a yes imo. He was given an opportunity and took it with both hands.

Tevor

I don’t know. Kids only 22 and a great height for a keeper. Lot of time to develop and if his head is on straight he’s going to be a lot better keeper in 2-3 years. Question is, is he ready for HAL. Last nights answer was a yes imo. He was given an opportunity and took it with both hands.
I hope he also gets the City game and to make sure it wasn’t a one off.

Michael

C’mon mate
How many opportunities has Pearce been given only to completely f**k up. And then his attitude issues this season.
f**k both him and Kennedy right off. Don’t be fooled by a couple half alright saves and only conceding one goal in a game, if Pearce comes and collects the high ball as is the minimum standard for a keeper then Melling isn’t caught out and gives a pen (and I’m a Melling hater!!!). They are both f**king horrendous goal keepers.

We need a galekovic experienced level keeper and promote Munford to learn from ala crawley/Vuka

Michael

If anyone wants to see the proof of the impressive highly technical youth boys we have on our books go over to the NSW NPL Facebook if you can. They did a stream of our boys this arvo. 4-0 win, Ruiz-Diaz hat trick and Kek’s pen.
Ruiz Diaz first was an absolutely f**king incredible free kick. I’d be handing him a contract at half time off his recent form and then that free kick as the icing on the cake.
Lewis Miller look supreme at CB with Glassock, showing extremely high technical ability. Sign him up ASAP. Has clearly shot ahead of Glassock. (Not a dig at Glasso)

For me, it just further solidifies that we need to have our 13-14, max 15, senior players and our back ups being our excellent youth boys. Blood them! Throw them in the deep end and watch the exceptional ones swim.

Just a side note, found it f**king hilarious that Simon Hill said 5 times lastnight that Ruiz Diaz was with WSW last NYL season when he was f**king obviously with us. It doesn’t take much to find that out. Fox need to step their game up. There’s 10 teams. It’s not a big deal to research these things.

Michael

I keep telling people Simon Hill is a babbling idiot ....and he keeps on backing up my statement
#f**ktard

Yeah the way they went after kye after his red was f**king atrocious they literally couldn’t wait to start roasting us, you could almost hear the excitement in their voices.
Fox sports need a bigger clean out than us and the roar.
I still don’t think it was a red. Yellow, yes. Melling did a similar tackle a few minutes later. You could also hear Melling yell at Murray “f**king hit him” when Murray was pressing Kamau after the red btw. Gained one point for that personally. Every f**king tackle with any level of force has follow through contact. This being a contact sport. What about all the standing tackles where they end in slight stomping motion which always hit the opposition foot?
He got the ball first and firmly. I’m not an old school defender but even I know the best feeling in a tackle is smashing the ball then the player.

Wombat

Clear red card. I'm as dirty a player as you will ever meet and i would be ashamed of that tackle. When some monster was bearing in on the ball i'd jump in with both feet up to defend myself and i jumped over a few deliberate leg brake tackles on me over the years...so it goes both ways.
When they banned the studs up tackle...that was it............you simple didnt tackle like that anymore.
Simple as.

Forum Phoenix

C’mon mate
How many opportunities has Pearce been given only to completely f**k up. And then his attitude issues this season.
f**k both him and Kennedy right off. Don’t be fooled by a couple half alright saves and only conceding one goal in a game, if Pearce comes and collects the high ball as is the minimum standard for a keeper then Melling isn’t caught out and gives a pen (and I’m a Melling hater!!!). They are both f**king horrendous goal keepers.

We need a galekovic experienced level keeper and promote Munford to learn from ala crawley/Vuka

"How many opportunities has Pearce been given only to completely f**k up."

4 opportunities. 3 early in a hopeless side. Was good in one, poor in the other 2, and one last night several months later where he was excellent. His late 'half alright' save was quality and given save of the round.

What was his attitude issue?

"if Pearce comes and collects the high ball"

He did come. Jumped well, but was blocked off. Happens all the time. He needed at least another 10KG's to go through them, watch it again, he reads the flight of the ball fine, jumps at the right time etc... does nothing wrong.

I'm no Pearce champion, maybe he'll prove himself hopeless and fall apart next game. But he certainly didn't play hopeless last night. Is only 22 and has had 6 games total at HAL level in terrible defensive sides. Also I don't write players off easily when they're so young.

And for the record I still want a new proven HAL level (or better) keeper signed.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

If anyone wants to see the proof of the impressive highly technical youth boys we have on our books go over to the NSW NPL Facebook if you can. They did a stream of our boys this arvo. 4-0 win, Ruiz-Diaz hat trick and Kek’s pen.
Ruiz Diaz first was an absolutely f**king incredible free kick. I’d be handing him a contract at half time off his recent form and then that free kick as the icing on the cake.
Lewis Miller look supreme at CB with Glassock, showing extremely high technical ability. Sign him up ASAP. Has clearly shot ahead of Glassock. (Not a dig at Glasso)

For me, it just further solidifies that we need to have our 13-14, max 15, senior players and our back ups being our excellent youth boys. Blood them! Throw them in the deep end and watch the exceptional ones swim.

Just a side note, found it f**king hilarious that Simon Hill said 5 times lastnight that Ruiz Diaz was with WSW last NYL season when he was f**king obviously with us. It doesn’t take much to find that out. Fox need to step their game up. There’s 10 teams. It’s not a big deal to research these things.

Agree that this should be our strategy.

pjennings

My main concern is that while he is only 22 a lot of his football development apparently was not as a keeper. You cannot switch to be a keeper at a late age and expect to be a great keeper. Things that should come natural if you have being it from childhood do not come naturally. You can improve to the extent that you are a competent keeper - but you will always be that split second slower.

Insertnamehere

My main concern is that while he is only 22 a lot of his football development apparently was not as a keeper. You cannot switch to be a keeper at a late age and expect to be a great keeper. Things that should come natural if you have being it from childhood do not come naturally. You can improve to the extent that you are a competent keeper - but you will always be that split second slower.
I think our sporting landscape means that we are a natural developer for keepers. All our main other sports are ball handling, hand eye sports.
Obviously there's going to be a gap in development but I think it's smaller than many think. If you've got a good coach and put in the reps I reckon you should catch up quickly.
Will you ever be Mat Ryan, nup. Hes a freak. Could you be a vuka? Sure I reckon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred