• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Looks good news

midfielder

The Australian
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Hi

HOMESPORTFOOTBALL
Anton Tagliaferro predicts hard work and better times for Mariners
Central Coast Mariners’s struggles over recent season have led some to question the future of the club. Picture: AAP
Central Coast Mariners’s struggles over recent season have led some to question the future of the club. Picture: AAP
RAY GATT

AN HOUR AGO APRIL 20, 2019
Facebook
Twitter
Email
In the current climate of Australian soccer, you have to have a crazy streak or to have lived in another universe for much of the past 10 years or so to want to be involved in the A-League.

Amid dwindling crowds and terrible television audiences, and with club owners having lost millions of dollars since the league’s inception in 2005, it is little wonder it is in need of urgent repair.

None of that, however, seems to scare off Anton Tagliaferro, whose passion for the sport knows no bounds and who is now looking to help resurrect the fortunes of Central Coast Mariners.

The investment director for successful Australian funds management company Investors Mutual, Maltese-born Tagliaferro was recently invited on to the board of the Mariners by owner Mike Charlesworth.

Charlesworth spends most of his time back home in England and Tagliaferro says he wants to help by being “the owner’s man on the ground” in Australia and is determined to do his best to lift the Mariners out of the doldrums.

The Mariners are staring at a second successive wooden spoon this season. Fans have deserted them and there are fears about their future.

Copying from my phone much more in the article in the oz

pjennings

Full article
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/anton-tagliaferro-predicts-hard-work-and-better-times-for-mariners/news-story/8bb1e8c4fab20275dfddb26810f10d2c

Central Coast Mariners’s struggles over recent season have led some to question the future of the club.
In the current climate of Australian soccer, you have to have a crazy streak or to have lived in another universe for much of the past 10 years or so to want to be involved in the A-League.

Amid dwindling crowds and terrible television audiences, and with club owners having lost millions of dollars since the league’s inception in 2005, it is little wonder it is in need of urgent repair.

None of that, however, seems to scare off Anton Tagliaferro, whose passion for the sport knows no bounds and who is now looking to help resurrect the fortunes of Central Coast Mariners.

The investment director for successful Australian funds management company Investors Mutual, Maltese-born Tagliaferro was recently invited on to the board of the Mariners by owner Mike Charlesworth.

Charlesworth spends most of his time back home in England and Tagliaferro says he wants to help by being “the owner’s man on the ground” in Australia and is determined to do his best to lift the Mariners out of the doldrums.

The Mariners are staring at a second successive wooden spoon this season. Fans have deserted them and there are fears about their future.

Tagliaferro understands the angst and disappointment among the Mariners faithful, given his involvement as president and main sponsor of Maltese Premier League club Balzan FC.

It is why he doesn’t mince his words when talking about what needs to be done if the Mariners are to get out of the terrible predicament they find themselves in.

So why throw himself at something many believe is a lost cause?

“I am a football tragic and I want to help the club,” Tagliaferro tells The Weekend Australian.

“I have always wanted to be involved with a club here and try and make a difference.

“The Mariners fans are frustrated and I don’t blame them. It has been a tough and frustrating last three or four years.

“I won’t make any bones about it, there’s a lot to do at the club.

“From what I have learned from helping run a football club you have to plan thoroughly and plan ahead. It feels to me the Mariners have jumped from season to season without a lot of planning.

“The Mariners, when you look back the last two or three seasons, have made particularly big mistakes with recruitment, particularly with their visa players.

“That is one area where I can help through my connections in Malta because we have contacts in places like Serbia where there is some excellent talent.”

Despite the outside negativity, Tagliaferro says he, along with another new board member Kamran Khan, is optimistic he can help bring about significant change. He says, however, you “just can’t click your fingers and make it happen”.

“I’m optimistic we can do better because we have all the things in place needed for a successful football club, including some excellent facilities and a very loyal fan base,’’ he says. “I strongly believe that with better planning and recruitment we should be able to have better seasons ahead.”

An example of what can be achieved with some nous and forward thinking, Balzan climbed from the third division to the top tier in Malta.

Tagliaferro says: “Last year we played in the Europa Cup qualifiers and beat Slovan Bratislava in the first leg 2-1 at home before succumbing 3-1 away and being eliminated by the narrowest of margins,” he says.

“Balzan are now among the best teams in Malta, after coming from nowhere.”

Tagliaferro is also a Mariners sponsor. But is he prepared to go further and buy a stake in the club?

He says: “I have been a sponsor for the past 18 months and I am looking at exploring the option of doing a bit more. I am trying to help Mike because he is a very good guy and has been carrying the club on his own for along time.

“Maybe we can see if anyone else is interested in joining us in turning around the club’s fortunes and we will see what we can achieve from here.”

midfielder

He also sees to be inviting others with some cash to join...

Wet dreams I know but that local group that wanted to buy the club, if they brought in and invested, along with this guy that would be a good outcome

bikinigirl

Full article
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/anton-tagliaferro-predicts-hard-work-and-better-times-for-mariners/news-story/8bb1e8c4fab20275dfddb26810f10d2c

Central Coast Mariners’s struggles over recent season have led some to question the future of the club.

Tagliaferro understands the angst and disappointment among the Mariners faithful, given his involvement as president and main sponsor of Maltese Premier League club Balzan FC.

It is why he doesn’t mince his words when talking about what needs to be done if the Mariners are to get out of the terrible predicament they find themselves in.

So why throw himself at something many believe is a lost cause?

“I am a football tragic and I want to help the club,” Tagliaferro tells The Weekend Australian.

“I have always wanted to be involved with a club here and try and make a difference.

“The Mariners fans are frustrated and I don’t blame them. It has been a tough and frustrating last three or four years.

“I won’t make any bones about it, there’s a lot to do at the club.

“From what I have learned from helping run a football club you have to plan thoroughly and plan ahead. It feels to me the Mariners have jumped from season to season without a lot of planning.

“The Mariners, when you look back the last two or three seasons, have made particularly big mistakes with recruitment, particularly with their visa players.

“That is one area where I can help through my connections in Malta because we have contacts in places like Serbia where there is some excellent talent.”

Despite the outside negativity, Tagliaferro says he, along with another new board member Kamran Khan, is optimistic he can help bring about significant change. He says, however, you “just can’t click your fingers and make it happen”.

“I’m optimistic we can do better because we have all the things in place needed for a successful football club, including some excellent facilities and a very loyal fan base,’’ he says. “I strongly believe that with better planning and recruitment we should be able to have better seasons ahead.”

An example of what can be achieved with some nous and forward thinking, Balzan climbed from the third division to the top tier in Malta.

Tagliaferro says: “Last year we played in the Europa Cup qualifiers and beat Slovan Bratislava in the first leg 2-1 at home before succumbing 3-1 away and being eliminated by the narrowest of margins,” he says.

“Balzan are now among the best teams in Malta, after coming from nowhere.”

Tagliaferro is also a Mariners sponsor. But is he prepared to go further and buy a stake in the club?

He says: “I have been a sponsor for the past 18 months and I am looking at exploring the option of doing a bit more. I am trying to help Mike because he is a very good guy and has been carrying the club on his own for along time.

“Maybe we can see if anyone else is interested in joining us in turning around the club’s fortunes and we will see what we can achieve from here.”

. i know it's only words (at the moment) ... but imagine if this is what Charlesworth was saying and doing five years ago

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred