• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Sign Macallister

Tassiemariner

Good signing.
I like most people here hope he isn't another tall, promising player who can't score like matty S but i think he could be a very underrated signing and could be our super sub player who'll nab 5-6 goals a season.

S

striker

dibo said:
i'm just concerned about the goals - we'd want to be seeing at least 5 a season i'd have thought, and with our crossing last season i wouldn't bet a whole lot on us finding his head...

Based on his performance history, we wont see too many goals from Dylan

Years       Club               App  Gls
19992001  Sydney Olympic 41  10 
20022003  Northern Spirit        30  5
20042005  Brann                    30  4
2006          Sparta Sarpsborg      9  2
20062007  Lyn                      13  1

As you can see from the chart a deteriorating goal / game ratio.

Also, I saw him play a NSFC and as Midfielder said above he couldn't score in a brothel!  :(

Omni

skilbeck said:
swarey said:
Jaza_SFC said:
Interesting to note the CCM site says he's been given #11... Pretty much confirmation Brown is gone?
What's doing...    If you go into the player profile for Mcallister now, his number has been changed to -1

Innovative Mariners develop new numbering system :p

Aloisi was -1 before his first game, I like the idea of fractions on the jerseys, like the NNY Mets in Futurama!

I'd rather have a fit striker who only scores a handful than a supposedly brilliant striker who scores nothing sitting on his lazy 'injured' butt.

Ahhh Radinho, insightful as always, I wish I could answer this essay I'm struggling to write with that sort of response, unfortunately I need to actually back up my opinions.

skilbeck

Omni said:
skilbeck said:
swarey said:
Jaza_SFC said:
Interesting to note the CCM site says he's been given #11... Pretty much confirmation Brown is gone?
What's doing...    If you go into the player profile for Mcallister now, his number has been changed to -1

Aloi$i was -1 before his first game, I like the idea of fractions on the jerseys, like the NNY Mets in Futurama!

That said #25 is a lucky number for goal scoring. Can we please give it to Simon this year ;)

Teddy Bear

skilbeck said:
Omni said:
skilbeck said:
swarey said:
Jaza_SFC said:

Aloi$i was -1 before his first game, I like the idea of fractions on the jerseys, like the NNY Mets in Futurama!

That said #25 is a lucky number for goal scoring. Can we please give it to Simon this year ;)

Agreed. # 2 is such a crap number for a striker. Problem solved

marinersman

Does anyone know if he's good in the air?

I do believe we have cured our crossing woes with Elrich and Caceras as Skillbeck said.

fedelta

marinersman said:

I do believe we have cured our crossing woes with Elrich and Caceras as Skillbeck said.

Well you would presume he is. He would have to be if he is that tall wouldn't he??

marinersman

taylor said:
marinersman said:

Well you would presume he is. He would have to be if he is that tall wouldn't he??

You would hope so Taylor, but being tall is no guarantee.

Bex

skilbeck said:
Andy said:
Remembering we don't have Nik signed up yet, do you think that Simon, Sasho and MacAllister are good enough? I know I don't.

I reckon another striker signing on top of Mrdja would mean that Simon and Macallister are wasted squad positions

Ya reckon Simon could become an attacking mid-fielder?

fedelta

marinersman said:
taylor said:
marinersman said:

You would hope so Taylor, but being tall is no guarantee.

Yeah I guess so, he could one of those lanky guys that is horrible in the air

S

soccersensei

Andy said:
Jesus said:
He did not get consistent game time overseas. So his scoring rates are not very fair regardless.
I think he will do well. If only to push sash and nik to work their asses off, and to make simon realise he has to do something, otherwise he wont get thrown on simply because sash is tired, or nik is injured

Plus the Norwegian league would be of a higher standard than the A-League as well.

He wouldn't have signed if he didn't impress the coaching staff last season in his trials either.

Could be a very underrated signing IMO.

Yeah I also have a very good feeling. Fast, tall and has to be strong on the ball in he's been playing in Norway. Good in the air with Adrian and Ahmad crossing them in will be great, but also all the times last year when I so desperately wanted more pace from our strikers...  :headbutt: Hutch as a playmaker will also step up yet another level I feel when he has someone he can truly play through balls to. We moved the ball very well I thought, but Sasho and John never stretched defences enough to give quite as much room in the midfield as I would have liked when we pushed the ball up over half way.

We already have such a fantastic midfield developing imo opinion that a tall pacey forward is most likely going to be a terrific signing. When I look across the lineup, I'm very excited by our 3 new signings in combination with each other and the rest of the team. Forget names and just focus on the individual qualities of our players, and think you feel like I do that LM has identified exactly what has been missing from our game and is going after the appropriate signing to remedy it.

Wombat

I can't believe he's being slagged off when most of us haven't even seen him play.

I have a feeling that he will be a good signing...right age and experienced in Europe.

T

thanman

Jaza_SFC said:
it says '-1.' on the CCM site.. Brown still holds number 11.

Blackadder

Oh shit, hope to be proven wrong but the only thing in danger of being hit are the cars going past the ground.

Ursus

I watched him play 2 seasons with Spirit.

In his first season he was never fit. In his second he was improving and was beginning to look promising towards the end. It was enough to get him a run overseas.

Quite a few good players have gone overseas and seen their careers stall, yet can rip a new one in the A-League.

Need I list local examples?
Jedi, Heff, even Meggsi is struggling to hold down a first team spot.

Overseas Aussies with stalled careers could prove to be the richest (and cheapest) vein of talent that A-league clubs could mine at this stage.

I suspect the knockers on this thread could end up with egg all over their faces.

I am "keeping my powder dry" but remaining optimistic.  :thumbup:

dibo

Ursus said:
I suspect the knockers on this thread could end up with egg all over their faces.

i would be ecstatic to be wrong!

i wish him well, and we'll see how he actually plays - numbers obviously don't tell the full story. i just reckon that unrestrained optimism is probably unwarranted.

Ursus

dibo said:
Ursus said:

i wish him well, and we'll see how he actually plays - numbers obviously don't tell the full story. i just reckon that unrestrained optimism is probably unwarranted.

Not "unrestrained", just optimistic.

Remember for every Jedi there could be a McMaster.

dibo

Ursus said:
dibo said:
Ursus said:

Not "unrestrained", just optimistic.

Remember for every Jedi there could be a McMaster.

that's basically my headspace at the moment with this. for the few nicky carles you've also got nick rizzos, jamie macmasters and david zdrilics...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred