• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Sign Macallister

Jesus

Jesus
Comment Now    Email    Print 
Copyright Getty Images
RELATED COVERAGE

* Ward Can Fill For Injured Archie
    * Djite Now Out For Six Weeks
    * Jade: 'It's Time To Quit Jets'
    * Indigenous Stars Delight
    * Galaxy Boosted By Gabba Deal

Mar 31 2008 10:05
Get more on: macallister | mariners | aleague
CENTRAL Coast Mariners have swooped to sign Dylan Macallister from top Norwegian club FC Lyn Oslo for the next two years.
The 25-year-old, who stands among the tallest players in the Hyundai A-League at 193cm, has been abroad since the demise of the National Soccer League (NSL), firstly with SK Brann and most recently with FC Lyn Oslo.

One of the jewels discovered at the 1999 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in New Zealand, where Australia famously progressed through to the final against Brazil, Macallister adds another dimension to an exciting Mariners front line for season four that already includes the Hyundais A-Leagues all-time second greatest scorer, Sasho Petrovski and electrifying local livewire Matt Simon.

Aside from Macallisters contribution to one of Australias most memorable restricted age campaigns in 1999 six goals in 16 qualifying, friendly and World Cup matches, including one against Brazil at the group stage, the giant marksman is perhaps best remembered for his role in securing Australia their berth at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Alongside fellow new Mariners recruit Ahmad Elrich, Macallister top scored with six goals in as many qualifying matches, including a hat-trick against Fiji to help shore up Australias place in Athens later that year.

"We believe that Dylan complements the likes of Sasho Petrovski and Matt Simon perfectly up front and Im certain that he will contribute immensely to the threat we will offer in the final third in the Hyundai A-League for the next two seasons and also in the AFC Champions League," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

"Dylans pedigree at youth international level is among the best in the country and I know that he is determined to replicate that form in the Hyundai A-League.

"His recent performances in Norways Tippeligaen, which is an extremely competitive league in its own right, are most encouraging and I have every confidence that well see Dylan build on this form at the Mariners."

Prior to departing for Norway, Macallister was one of the standouts of the fin ditions of the NSL, including Sydney Olympics championship winning season in 2001/02.

With new Mariners team-mate Greg Owens for company, Macallister was Sydney Olympics second highest goal scorer throughout the regular season with six strikes, including a memorable opening day match winner against Sydney United and a brace against the Parramatta Power in Round 5.

Macallister signalled his arrival in the Tippeligaen with two goals in just his second match for Brann against Molde in front of over 15,000 spectators at the Brann Stadion.

However, these would be the last goals Macallister would score in 2004, with the form of regular strike pairing Raymond Kvisvik, a Norwegian international and Scottish national team player Robbie Winters limiting Macallister to mostly cameos from the bench.

The following season, Macallister featured more regularly for Brann and added another two goals to his tally, one in his first start for the season at home to Fredrikstad and also the equalising goal away to HamKam in what would ultimately be his last match for the reigning Norwegian champions.

Macallister made the trip inland to the Norwegian capital to join FC Lyn Oslo in 2006 and after featuring heavily in the early part of the season and netting Lyns only goal against Troms in Round 8, Macallister was loaned out to FK Sparta Sarpsborg in Norways second tier Adeccoligaen.
While with Sparta Sarpsborg, Macallister netted two goals in six appearances, the first against IL Hdd in his second start and the last against Follo two matches further on.

2007 saw Macallister conclude his tenure with Lyn with a memorable match winning goal in a Norwegian Cup fourth round knockout tie against recently promoted Tippeligaen club Bod/Glimt.

"Dylan is an exact fit in terms of the type of player we are intent on introducing to our set up for season four and beyond a promising Australian player in his mid twenties with representative ambitions and a real hunger to showcase their ability domestically," said Gorman.

"We now add Dylans name alongside Adrian Caceres and Ahmad Elrich in terms of our new signings for 2008/09 and needless to say, I think our recruitment campaign has gotten off to an excellent start.

"There will be more signings and re-signings to announce before the commencement of season four, but in the meantime we as a club are most content with how our squad is shaping up."

Macallister is currently in Norway where his former club will tonight begin their 2008 Tippeligaen campaign.

Macallister will join his new team-mates in time for the commencement of pre-season training in early May.

Dylan Macallister

Date of Birth 17 May, 1982
Position Striker
Height 193cm
Weight 90kg

Domestic Career
2007 FC Lyn Oslo (Norway); 7 appearances, 1 goal
2006 Sparta Sarpsborg (Norway); 6 appearances, 2 goals
2006 FC Lyn Oslo (Norway); 10 appearances, 2 goals
2005 SK Brann (Norway); 16 appearances, 2 goals
2004 SK Brann (Norway); 11 appearances, 2 goals
2003/04 Northern Spirit (Australia); 13 appearances, 4 goals
2002/03 Northern Spirit (Australia); 17 appearances, 1 goal
2001/02 Sydney Olympic (Australia); 21 appearances, 6 goals
2000/01 Sydney Olympic (Australia); 18 appearances, 3 goals

International Career
2004 (Qantas Under 23s) Samoa, Papua New Guinea (2 goals), Solomon Islands (1 goal), Fiji (3 goals), New Zealand, New Zealand
1999 (Qantas Joeys) Fiji, Papua New Guinea (1 goal), American Samoa, Vanuatu (2 goals), New Caledonia, Fiji (1 goal), Bahrain, Uruguay, Uruguay, Argentina (1 goal), Brazil (1 goal), Germany, Mali, Qatar, United States, Brazil

dibo

so we've signed a striker who averages just over 3 goals a season and has scored just 9 in his last 4 seasons? i hope he came cheap...  :-\

graaant

I can't help but think we've just wasted a lot of money.
We already have 1 striker who can't score at all and needs work, one striker with no heart and then Sasho.. who isn't hard to call lazy most of the time.

And now this.. Oh Lawrie... I hope I'm wrong...

Jaza_SFC

Interesting to note the CCM site says he's been given #11... Pretty much confirmation Brown is gone?

skilbeck

i guess so i gave brown #13 provisionally on my squad list until the mariners confirm Brown not being offered a new deal

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, there are times when Lawrie can see something the rest of us can't (at least, that what I try to remind myself every time Matt Simon plays....)

I'm going to have faith.  Isn't really anything else I can do.

skilbeck

so i guess all we need is an attacking mid and a fullback/centreback. if we get another goalie we are going to have to release either trott or redmayne

S

striker

Oh No !    Not Macallister. 

I'd rather have Mrdja with a dicky knee than Macallister.

dibo

maybe he's a back to goal player, and his assists are crazy. but i'm not hopeful.

*scrambles off to google some stats*

skilbeck

coast said:
Does this make it any less likely that mrja is going to be re-signed?

Wed have to wait and see, i reckon with the new rules on injury covers that we will have more than 3 forwards signed

dibo

can't find much, and can't really make out 'assist' in norse... any norwegians here? :p

midfielder

I remember him at the Northern Spirit as I said in another thread, ...............big surfie type.............Blonde hair...............very quick..............got into excellent positions often.....then panic sets in toe poke ...........missed so many.

Could make Matty look good.

In LM we trust..........just hope its not a huge amount of money................. my recollections are like a kinda John Allsopp player of Hal 1 & 3, not the Allsopp of Fred 1.

Lest hope he has improved.

skilbeck

Well hopefully we can get a "Fred" as a Tommy P replacement and make all our strikers look good. but realistically they are hard to come by

midfielder

skilbeck said:
Well hopefully we can get a "Fred" as a Tommy P replacement and make all our strikers look good. but realistically they are hard to come by

At the Mariners maybe ..........Fred = Jedi..........give him so more Socceroo training with Pim and the Socceroos ......... we could be looking at (not that we are not now) one of the best central midfielders in the A-league.

~Floss~

This is my best interpretation of http://www.lynfotball.net/Lyn_Spiller.asp?ID=48&WT.mc_id=Wi_en:

League                              Cup
Year  | GP (full/sub)  GS  YC RC  | GP (full/sub) GS YC RC
2007  |    5 (4/1)        0    0 0 |  2 (0/2)      1  0    0
2006  |    8 (3/5)        1    3 0    |  2 (1/1)      1  0    0

Total: 3 goals & 3 Yellows from 17 App's (8 full 90', 9 subbed, total mins 931)

Can't seem to find "assists" yet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred