• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Sign Macallister

skilbeck

We are at a full squad atm until Brown and Gumps are released. Then we will have 1-2 senior spots to fill and it could be that Lawrie will choose to strengthen our defense with both those spots. It would surprise me if Lawrie was planning on a starting 11 in this early phase of the season without either Hutch or Jedi given their form last year. Therefore I reckon another stopper and a left back is what Lawrie would have in mind for our other 2 spots. But im not ruling out a midfielder yet

Deej

skilbeck said:
We are at a full squad atm until Brown and Gumps are released. Then we will have 1-2 senior spots to fill and it could be that Lawrie will choose to strengthen our defense with both those spots. It would surprise me if Lawrie was planning on a starting 11 in this early phase of the season without either Hutch or Jedi given their form last year. Therefore I reckon another stopper and a left back is what Lawrie would have in mind for our other 2 spots. But im not ruling out a midfielder yet

If we sign a defender it has to be someone who can play left or centre.

Our right back options are Osman, Clark and Porter
Our Centreback options are Boogs, Wilko, Stringers, Clark and Mile (but is a waste to put him there)
Our left back options are Heff, Hutcho did play there a little in pre-season and I guess Clark could cover but that's about it.

Gumps and Brown will go, 1 of those spots have to be filled by an U20, depending on Danny's appeal the other could have to go to a goalkeeper? Especially with Redders and Trotty injured?

We are full at the moment but remember there's still 7 players coming off contract to be re-signed, Redders, McAndrew, Mrdja, Brown, Gumps, Clark and Osman..............we can't assume that only Gumps and Brown will be shown the door!

Jesus

Jesus
I think it is a pretty good guess that they will be the 2 that leave.
If LM goes for another attacking mid, we could see Jedi playing more defence.

Someone who can cover heff is probably most necessary.

If nik goes, we will get another striker. If he doesnt i dont think we will.

skilbeck

Unless we do sign a new goalkeeper or on the outside chance we get Meggsy, I reckon the remaining 1 or 2 players will essentially be squad players and not initially considered for the the starting 11. i.e. we will get 2 back up defenders: 1 left sided utility to replace brown and 1 centre back to replace vidmar.

pjennings

If Meggsy doesn't want to come back yet another current Socceroo is Chippers. He might be tempted to be based in Australia with us for a couple of years before Wollongong comes in. It would help him be involved with the bid.

He can play at the left in a 3 man backline - something I wouldn't like Heff to do. Also LB and LM and CM. Has a wicked shot and a huge heart.

-----------Keeper

---Wilko----Boogs---Chippers/Meggsy

Elrich/Kwas--Jedi--Hutch----Caceres/Heff

-----Mrdja----------Sash

Macca

Kareem

wow! every single match report I read where Macca scores a goal it is from a cross...it seems like he is a one trcik pony...i hope he can be a bit similar to Kennedy (great in air and still pretty decent on ground!
sadly i think it 100% signals Mckinnas intent for 2008-09...long balls?

Jesus

Jesus
How so? Since when were crosses long balls?
They are the opposite.
Reading match reports is not watching him play.

SNOWMARINER

Porter  no
Clark as fittness coach and occasional injury sub
Wilko has to prove himself to get a starting spot
Brown gone
IMO these are the people along with the retiring Vidmar that let our team down last season.
Meggsy and \or Chippers would be fantastic

Still hoping Yorke for at least part of the season.

Elrich is a great signing, not sure on Macca yet and think Caceres will add although I think Heff and Caceres should never compete for a start.

Still waiting for the Marquee to top it off.

skilbeck

and who cares if they are all from crosses, there are a lot of strikers like that. If the one trick turns out to be infalliable then who cares, i know i wouldnt

skilbeck

SNOWMARINER said:
Porter  no
Brown gone
IMO these are the people along with the retiring Vidmar that let our team down last season.

Elrich is a great signing, not sure on Macca yet and think Caceres will add although I think Heff and Caceres should never compete for a start.

I think that you and Lawrie have differing views on how to manage the central coast mariners

SNOWMARINER

skilbeck said:
SNOWMARINER said:
Porter  no
Brown gone

I think that you and Lawrie have differing views on how to manage the central coast mariners

Perhaps, mabe that is why the out of match fitness and barely played Owens was picked for the biggest game of the year the very game after Gumps performed well to play his part in a 3-0 thrashing of the Jets.

Much rather see Gumps here next year than Owens.

priorpeter

SNOWMARINER said:
Porter  no
Brown gone

You can't blame lawrie's picking of owens as the sole contributor to our GF loss. you seem to forget, lawrie led us to the premiership, as well as to the GF. Don't get me wrong, I know Owens didn't exactly have a stellar season, but I still trust lawrie's judgement.

and i dont think porter or wilko let our team down last year. had it not been for that f**kwit ref and a bullsh*t red card decision, Porter would have gone on to have a tremendous season.

Wilko should not be let go at all! he'll go on to acheive great things this year.
As for Brown... I think the a-league has passed him by. Also I hope we don't lose Gumps, but it may well have already been decided

Jesus

Jesus
So many times this season aloisi and sash struggled to get over big defenders, if macca can thats great. If he can hold it up and lay it off, great too.

I think clarke showed his class. Despite getting little game time, he showed his incredible fitness by more easily sliding in than anyone else in the squad. He never looked like he wasnt match fit, even when he shouldnt have been.

skilbeck

i doubt that in the future of clarks career that fitness will be what will force him to give it up, i reckon itll be as a league standard progresses he might find himself increasingly marginalised, though, he always surprises us. Remember after that game with Adelaide where Clark was given a massive rap by the media and suggested that he impressed Pim

Andy

I don't think we've seen the best of Owens yet, far from it IMO.

Was he ever 100% match fit last season at any stage? I don't think he was.

marinersman

Owens was never fit the whole season and isn't now.

Wilko was told by doctors to rest his knee for the whole season when he injured it and we all know about Aloi$i's knee.

What is never circulated in the medai is how bad some of the injuries are that are carried through a season. You can bet if a player has a bad season, it's highly likely bit's because of the injuries he has but still carries on playing.

The severity of injuries rarely comes out and if half the players followed doctors recommendations half the teams would struggle to fill a side.

SNOWMARINER

I am of the opinion that Clark should remain as a fitness conditioner and sub for injuried players ahead of players that I think should not be given a go next year (Porter,Brown). The A-League has outgrown Brown and Porter unless has a substantial increase in ability and performance during the break should spend some time in a lower league proving himself.

Without doubt Clarke proves himself more than the other 2 but the reality is the League is increasing in standard every year and for the Mariners to keep the pace changes need to be made.

One local guy I would love to see in the yellow is the Wamberal lad who has indicated a desire to return to Australia.

pjennings

I thought I heard wuth the Youth League next year that your 3 underage palyers are U21 not U20.

If that is the case it would be silly to let Porter go. He mostly played at RB last year. Not a position that he excels with. With luck this year he will get his opportunity in the midfield and then a better decision can be made. 

Andy

pjennings said:
I thought I heard wuth the Youth League next year that your 3 underage palyers are U21 not U20.

If that is the case it would be silly to let Porter go. He mostly played at RB last year. Not a position that he excels with. With luck this year he will get his opportunity in the midfield and then a better decision can be made. 

Heard that as well.

Jesus

Jesus
Porter is young. Why get rid of a young guy who is pushing to prove himself, trying hard, very skillful, and happy to put in the hard yards out of position?

If he was 32 maybe let him go. But he has a bright future ahead of him i predict

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred