• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Insertnamehere

DDS is a very good athlete, he did have a dig but for me my problem or more disappointment is with his output as attacking midfielder. Far to often he was back getting the ball in front of the back 4, now this is probably due to the clowns who where running the team.

Unfortunately for him i also judge him higher than the likes of Pain and Hoole etc due to his ability and success as a young Socceroo.

He did not have any creativity, he didn’t supply his strikers or wingers with any opportunities to score. Not they fluffed his through balls. There weren’t any. Sure the system sucked but he is judged by results in that area of the field. Maybe Paul made him look bad but at some point he has got to produce something as Paul can’t be blamed for everything.

His shooting was horrible. Really second rate.

I also have been banging on about our limpness from our wingers and he just fell straight in with them unfortunately.

Look he absolutely was one of our better players for effort but effort is not enough up front.

I still probably would say he was our second best player but with Wout, that is not necessarily a good thing. 1. Their pedigree says they should be alot better and 2. the rest of the team stunk.

Our backs and mids did pretty good early in the season and where let down by the attack of which DDS is a main gog.

Statistically Hoole was alot more affective and we know how frustrating he is
Goals Hoole 4 vs DDS 3
Assists Hoole 8 vs DDS 1 - Wales had 2 assists and played 1,100 less minutes
Pain also had 4 goals and 4 assists and we all thought Hoole and Pain where hot and cold. They played more bad games than good.

I know stats don’t say everything but in the attacking part of the field i rate the results as important as without goals and assists you can’t win no matter how good the defence
Don't remember the inter play with DDS and Pain before Pain got injured? He had zero support after that and isn't like Hoole where he'll just run with the ball till he loses it or does something dreamy.
Fine with DDS winning. Certainly Tommy H was our most consistent.

Big Al

Don't remember the inter play with DDS and Pain before Pain got injured? He had zero support after that and isn't like Hoole where he'll just run with the ball till he loses it or does something dreamy.
Fine with DDS winning. Certainly Tommy H was our most consistent.
Good point and no proper LW was ever used after that but what about link with his striker which is a very important aspect of his job, there wasn’t any

Insertnamehere

Good point and no proper LW was ever used after that but what about link with his striker which is a very important aspect of his job, there wasn’t any
We had a striker? Kabsy - winger. Powell - witches hat. TBT - winger. Assdribble - winger.
I agree he is the link man. But he only ever had pain to link with.
Also rarely did we have someone running through defenders for him to put a ball through to. The striker and winger mostly dropped back or were facing back. Shits me to tears. A winger is for running onto the back and a striker should be facing goal. Both should be on the defenders shoulder IMO.

Last edited:

Wombat

Ex Man United coach and Hull City interim manger who is over here with Charlesworth - was at the dinner last night

As in Mike Phelan????

WOW. Exciting if true.

So after raping us for 4 years Pikey has decided to buy us a nice dress and take us to a fancy restaurant. Things are looking up and and we might be let out of the Charlesworth dungeon soon.

Wombat

Alright Mike?
Alright Mike?
Alright Mike how ya going?

1. Triple M
2. Pikey
3. Help me out here?

Thank God Monty is a Nick.

localpom

Our players are not the brightest. Remember they gave it to rosebud when Monty was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Must be the Flouride in the Water.
I assume as it it is based on a 3-2-1 points system over the season it is probably about right. BK played all but about 3 games and was pretty good in about 2 thirds of them. Tommy H was out for a large chunk as was Wout. Baro and Golec maybe the only other contenders.

Ozhammer

So why was he treated like shit?
Because Oklic had a thing about him for some reason. The kid gave his absolute best in training week in week out and yet that pair of arsehats did all they could to freeze him out of the side and get him to tear up the second year of his contract. In training I am told that there were two players who consistently showed their class on the ball, Brama and Berry, yet he barely even made the bench all season. Even that apprentice arseclown Sully didn’t give him a chance. I really hope the kid gets a fresh start under Triple M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred