• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Insertnamehere

Because Oklic had a thing about him for some reason. The kid gave his absolute best in training week in week out and yet that pair of arsehats did all they could to freeze him out of the side and get him to tear up the second year of his contract. In training I am told that there were two players who consistently showed their class on the ball, Brama and Berry, yet he barely even made the bench all season. Even that apprentice arseclown Sully didn’t give him a chance. I really hope the kid gets a fresh start under Triple M.
Candidate for game time then.
What we want as a club. Guys who work their guts out despite unending adversity.

Wombat

Because Oklic had a thing about him for some reason. The kid gave his absolute best in training week in week out and yet that pair of arsehats did all they could to freeze him out of the side and get him to tear up the second year of his contract. In training I am told that there were two players who consistently showed their class on the ball, Brama and Berry, yet he barely even made the bench all season. Even that apprentice arseclown Sully didn’t give him a chance. I really hope the kid gets a fresh start under Triple M.

I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance. A lot of the game is about confidence. I'm underwhelmed so far but I've seen worse players in yellow that's for sure.
I don't think you can blame Sully for not giving him ago......that's stretching it a bit Hammer?

Btw....you didn't play for Ourimbah 035 A did you? I had some good battles with their centre forward who they called Hammer (cockney)

Ozhammer

I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance. A lot of the game is about confidence. I'm underwhelmed so far but I've seen worse players in yellow that's for sure.
I don't think you can blame Sully for not giving him ago......that's stretching it a bit Hammer?

Btw....you didn't play for Ourimbah 035 A did you? I had some good battles with their centre forward who they called Hammer (cockney)
Sully promised he would get a chance and then reneged on that, which hit the lad hard, especially after the shit sandwich he had been forced to eat all season under Oklic.

Wish I was good enough to play CF Wombat but OUR are not my club I’m afraid and I moved to 45’s last season anyway, so I can at least keep up with the opposition’s strikers these days! Hope you have an injury-free season if you are still playing mate.

Josho Howe

Berry 100% deserves a chance next season. Definitely not a starter but a decent back up when needed. Why personal ego's got in the way of a player who by all reports trained hard and well every week and was never given a chance. Unprofessional BS imo.

Ozhammer

Would love to know more about the Berry situation. Can anyone elaborate?
Not much more than has already been posted really. The kid worked hard, was respectful and never dropped his head or spat the dummy, yet Oklic decided for whatever reason that they wanted to freeze him out. This is one of the reasons that they signed Melling, just to push him further down the pecking order. That he regularly shone in training apparently made no difference to their attitude towards him and I understand that he would even defend Jolic when others in the dressing room slated him.

On that basis alone, I hope MMM at least gives him a chance. He is unlikely to unseat either of the Dutchies in truth but surely he can play some part if given a chance.

shipwreck

Not much more than has already been posted really. The kid worked hard, was respectful and never dropped his head or spat the dummy, yet Oklic decided for whatever reason that they wanted to freeze him out. This is one of the reasons that they signed Melling, just to push him further down the pecking order. That he regularly shone in training apparently made no difference to their attitude towards him and I understand that he would even defend Jolic when others in the dressing room slated him.

On that basis alone, I hope MMM at least gives him a chance. He is unlikely to unseat either of the Dutchies in truth but surely he can play some part if given a chance.
This is baffling, especially the part where he is respectful and loyal to a coach who hasnt given him a chance. Okon made some strange decisions with regards to man management....I honestly can't see him getting another gig in the A-league.

Insertnamehere

This is baffling, especially the part where he is respectful and loyal to a coach who hasnt given him a chance. Okon made some strange decisions with regards to man management....I honestly can't see him getting another gig in the A-league.
He's golden generation. He's does what he wants. He's got the golden DVA card. Everything's available for him without accountability.

Wombat

He's golden generation. He's does what he wants. He's got the golden DVA card. Everything's available for him without accountability.

Greedy was a numpty player from St Albans in Vic (think of Windale for reference) who didnt even play 100 games in the old NSL.
He is Okon's yes man and will follow Okon whereever Paul is lucky enough to get a gig.
He looks like a window licker and Coaches like one too.

FFC Mariner

And Sully was allegedly their yes man which says a great deal.
He has left CCMA as a tactical mess of confused young kids incapable of changing things on the pitch (only plan A)
They all receive the ball with their back to goal and are totally predictable (sound familiar) Plenty of step overs and no end product though.

Wombat

And Sully was allegedly their yes man which says a great deal.
He has left CCMA as a tactical mess of confused young kids incapable of changing things on the pitch (only plan A)
They all receive the ball with their back to goal and are totally predictable (sound familiar) Plenty of step overs and no end product though.

My friend (parent of youth player) confirms this. They are afraid to play Football. Can you imagine Anzani playing back to the halfway line when he has the ball just outside the box.

Gratis

McKinna hopes CCM can follow Jets' AL lead
Vince Rugari

Australian Associated Press3May,2018

Lawrie McKinna is hopeful the club he once guided to a premiership can follow Newcastle's blueprint and climb out of the doldrums in the near future.

Before he was plotting the Jets' path back to A-League prominence, McKinna was the heart and soul of their arch-rivals.

It feels like a lifetime ago now, the way the Central Coast Mariners have fallen on such hard times.

But this season's wooden spooners were once the feel-good story of the competition.

McKinna was the face of it in the early days of the A-League, helping establish the Mariners as a community-focused club that would always punch above its weight and guiding them to first position in season 2007-08.

But Central Coast's slow, steady downfall can be traced back to the moment Mike Charlesworth took over as majority owner in 2013.

McKinna had been squeezed out of the football department after a restructure but took up a role as a club ambassador.

But in late 2014, unhappy with the direction the Mariners were heading in amid fears they would move some home games to Sydney, McKinna decided to cut all official ties with the club.

It was a hugely symbolic moment, considering he was also Gosford's mayor.

"You can flog a dead horse but I wasn't wanted at the club," McKinna told AAP.

"I'd offered my services for free, I would do whatever I was asked for the club.

"It was just time to move on. I moved on, and it's worked out well for me."

Indeed it has.

McKinna served as mayor for more thanr three years but was removed when the Gosford and Wyong councils amalgamated in 2016.

Around the same time, he was the middleman in talks between FFA and Chinese businessman Martin Lee over the purchase of the Jets.

When the sale was completed, he became Newcastle's CEO - but he admits he still has a soft spot for the Mariners and always will.

New coach Mike Mulvey has a big rebuilding task head of them as he seeks to turn a side that has won just 13 matches in the last three seasons into a force once again.

"The proof is in the pudding, what can be done at that club," McKinna said.

"So if they get things in order, get a few results - they don't need to win the league, or get into the grand final like we do.

"The punters in Newcastle and Central Coast are very similar. They want a competitive team."
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/mckinna-hopes-ccm-jets-al-lead-000048288--spt.html

Gratis

Infamous Manchester United coach visits Mariners
By Lucas Radbourne-Pugh May 3 2018 9:06AM

For fourteen long years, Mike Phelan was a pillar at Manchester United, but now he's on a fact-finding mission to the Central Coast Mariners.

After rising through the ranks at the Mancunian giants, Phelan spent five years as assistant coach to Alex Ferguson before embarking on a patchy managerial career of his own.

For those five years Fergie and Phelan were the guff old boys of English football, harsh, no-nonsense and incredibly successful. Fergie relied closely on his assistant coaches, many of whom, like Carlos Quierosz, have become very successful coaches in their own right.

Phelan is now imparting his experience to the Mariners' famed youth-setup, at the request of Mariners owner, Mike Charlesworth.

“The visit came about when I met Mike and we were talking football,” Phelan told a-league.com.au.

“We were trying to find time where my diary allowed for me to spend 10 days here and I’ve managed to do that.

“It’s surprised me more than I thought to be perfectly honest. The standard of some of the youngsters in the sessions I’ve been involved with has been very high. Hopefully I can leave them with something and we have some future stars on our hands here on the Coast.

“I look in the eyes of some of these youngsters here today – I was that 12-year-old kid one day and my career ended at 34-years-old. It’s great to put time in to developing young talent and I get plenty of joy out of that.

“I watch a bit of the A-League back in England and I’ve watched the Mariners play. You have to see it in person though, you can’t just judge on TV. After now spending some time here, the facilities have impressed me, as well as how beautiful this area is."

Phelan was controversially sacked upon David Moyes' arrival at Manchester, and while looking for work famously said that he "had to guide" Ferguson through many key decisions, but never got the credit he deserved.

Phelan even said Fergie used to toss a coin to make key decisions, which the 55-year-old would have to "hold him back" from.

So whether Phelan could follow in the path of former United coach, now Melbourne City-boss Warren Joyce is unclear. But now running sessions at the Mariners academy, Phelan believes the Mariners have the potential to bring pride to the Central Coast again.

“At this football club, from what I now know and the first impressions, it’s clear to me that this football club really has something," he said.

"It’s important now to get the right balance of people and if everyone can gel together and all believe in the same thing, you can make it a smart environment for everybody.

"There’s the potential to really give this region a football club that the community can be proud of."
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/infamous-manchester-united-coach-visits-mariners-490172

Offsider

Infamous Manchester United coach visits Mariners
By Lucas Radbourne-Pugh May 3 2018 9:06AM

For fourteen long years, Mike Phelan was a pillar at Manchester United, but now he's on a fact-finding mission to the Central Coast Mariners.

After rising through the ranks at the Mancunian giants, Phelan spent five years as assistant coach to Alex Ferguson before embarking on a patchy managerial career of his own.

For those five years Fergie and Phelan were the guff old boys of English football, harsh, no-nonsense and incredibly successful. Fergie relied closely on his assistant coaches, many of whom, like Carlos Quierosz, have become very successful coaches in their own right.

Phelan is now imparting his experience to the Mariners' famed youth-setup, at the request of Mariners owner, Mike Charlesworth.

“The visit came about when I met Mike and we were talking football,” Phelan told a-league.com.au.

“We were trying to find time where my diary allowed for me to spend 10 days here and I’ve managed to do that.

“It’s surprised me more than I thought to be perfectly honest. The standard of some of the youngsters in the sessions I’ve been involved with has been very high. Hopefully I can leave them with something and we have some future stars on our hands here on the Coast.

“I look in the eyes of some of these youngsters here today – I was that 12-year-old kid one day and my career ended at 34-years-old. It’s great to put time in to developing young talent and I get plenty of joy out of that.

“I watch a bit of the A-League back in England and I’ve watched the Mariners play. You have to see it in person though, you can’t just judge on TV. After now spending some time here, the facilities have impressed me, as well as how beautiful this area is."

Phelan was controversially sacked upon David Moyes' arrival at Manchester, and while looking for work famously said that he "had to guide" Ferguson through many key decisions, but never got the credit he deserved.

Phelan even said Fergie used to toss a coin to make key decisions, which the 55-year-old would have to "hold him back" from.

So whether Phelan could follow in the path of former United coach, now Melbourne City-boss Warren Joyce is unclear. But now running sessions at the Mariners academy, Phelan believes the Mariners have the potential to bring pride to the Central Coast again.

“At this football club, from what I now know and the first impressions, it’s clear to me that this football club really has something," he said.

"It’s important now to get the right balance of people and if everyone can gel together and all believe in the same thing, you can make it a smart environment for everybody.

"There’s the potential to really give this region a football club that the community can be proud of."
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/infamous-manchester-united-coach-visits-mariners-490172

I don’t see how charlesworth fits into his recipe. I understand that the club wants to buy decent experience with their salary cap allocation and win games whereas rc wants to bank the cash and provide a path for junior developement that will take years provided he doesn’t sell them off.

Pirate Pete

I had a quick conversation, which got interrupted before I could ask too much.
Someone I know who has a young (11-12 year old) relative at the Mariners told me
he'd gone to the smurfs for a trial on Thursday.
I asked why and the reply was "It's all falling apart at the Mariners".

Gratis

Who knows. Perception is a funny thing.
I would have said things have been falling apart at the Mariners, pretty significantly, for years now.
It *appears* to me to be being turning a corner. But that's just hope based on Mulvey. I have no genuine knowledge

nebakke

I had a quick conversation, which got interrupted before I could ask too much.
Someone I know who has a young (11-12 year old) relative at the Mariners told me
he'd gone to the smurfs for a trial on Thursday.
I asked why and the reply was "It's all falling apart at the Mariners".

Did you get a sense of whether that was a genuine experience of dealing with the club or whether it was more related to the overall mood around there after this season?
I mean - I get frustrated with my son's school and at times, I've been close enough to move him somewhere else that one more mistake from them would have seen us gone. Had that come about i would have probably told anyone who asked, that the school was falling apart. But tbf that would just be a reflection of what i think they're doing wrong and how frustrated i was rather than an actual real reflection of how things are going, vs. The debt collectors banging down the doors and things actually being in complete disarray, if you get my drift.
Fortunately the school improved markedly so hopefully the club will too - or something.

I guess the point is that this is concerning either way but one is 'this is no different to what we thought but can be fixed ' the other is more like 'the club is a disaster sms everything is ending'... obviously hopefully it's the first.

Pirate Pete

Did you get a sense of whether that was a genuine experience of dealing with the club or whether it was more related to the overall mood around there after this season?
I mean - I get frustrated with my son's school and at times, I've been close enough to move him somewhere else that one more mistake from them would have seen us gone. Had that come about i would have probably told anyone who asked, that the school was falling apart. But tbf that would just be a reflection of what i think they're doing wrong and how frustrated i was rather than an actual real reflection of how things are going, vs. The debt collectors banging down the doors and things actually being in complete disarray, if you get my drift.
Fortunately the school improved markedly so hopefully the club will too - or something.

I guess the point is that this is concerning either way but one is 'this is no different to what we thought but can be fixed ' the other is more like 'the club is a disaster sms everything is ending'... obviously hopefully it's the first.

Not really. I'll ask her next time I see her. I think it's her Grandson, and she doesn't really understand football at all.
But like you say they may just have the feeling that the place is in disarray. To be honest I was shocked, that a parent
would take their kid all the way down to Sydney at that age.
She's told me about him before and from what I can gather he's pretty good.

sydmariner

NEW Central Coast Mariners Number Plates!

By popular demand and in collaboration with Football Federation Australia, myPlates is proud to announce the launch of the highly anticipated NEW Central Coast Mariners number plates.

Now you can show your support for the Mariners, all year round.

To purchase your Mariners myPlates CLICK HERE

For just a one-off restyle order fee of $299 you can marinate your number plate!

You can also choose your own specific letter and number combination: additional annual fees start at $105 per year.

How You can marinate your number plate:

• Call 131 758.
  • CLICK HERE
  • Visit myPlates.com.au
  • OR visit your nearest Service NSW Centre.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/video/mike-mulveys-firs-press-conference-a-mariner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred