• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

offtheball

My friend (parent of youth player) confirms this. They are afraid to play Football. Can you imagine Anzani playing back to the halfway line when he has the ball just outside the box.
It's obviously ingrained from grass roots. I've coached juniors (rep and club) for quite a few years. Been out of it for half a dozen years. I made a return this year with a school rep team. Quite amazing at the trials to see 12 year old boys repeatedly play back to the keeper from half way or beyond.

FFC Mariner

At CCMA yesterday: Possession is everything and you can see its been drummed into them. Receive the ball with your back to goal, never lift your head to look when you pass and never, ever play it into space.

Okon's curriculum mantra looks like its being slowly coached out of them. As the game progressed they became brave enough to play into space and go a bit more direct - won 6-1.

It wont be that easy every week but having a plan B is kinda refreshing

marinermick

It's obviously ingrained from grass roots. I've coached juniors (rep and club) for quite a few years. Been out of it for half a dozen years. I made a return this year with a school rep team. Quite amazing at the trials to see 12 year old boys repeatedly play back to the keeper from half way or beyond.

I love watching my boy’s team at 13As Wyoming. They continually go forward and take players on. They have scored twenty-six goals in six matches this season so far.

The coach is not putting any big restraints on them but coaches on them being thinking footballers rather than stifling them through over structure and over coaching. He also doesn’t get angry when they make mistakes.

style_cafe

I love watching my boy’s team at 13As Wyoming. They continually go forward and take players on. They have scored twenty-six goals in six matches this season so far.

The coach is not putting any big restraints on them but coaches on them being thinking footballers rather than stifling them through over structure and over coaching. He also doesn’t get angry when they make mistakes.

Sounds more like the Ernie Merrick approach we saw this year...:popcorn:

Gratis

Football is a live game of chess. You can't just repeat the same moves over and over and hope to win. Thinking players who can read the game is the only viable way for professional footballers

Wombat

I had a team mate would scream at me to play back as soon as i was pressed. f**k that, beat the player in front and drive forward until pressed again or if someone in a great possy lay it off. If no pressure keep driving forward and let it open up in front. If i was closed down super quick my team mate would get it back but FFS dont pass back for the sake of it.
Seams so simple but its the exact reason we copped so many goals because we failed to press the attacker as they streamed forward.

Big Al

I had a team mate would scream at me to play back as soon as i was pressed. f**k that, beat the player in front and drive forward until pressed again or if someone in a great possy lay it off. If no pressure keep driving forward and let it open up in front. If i was closed down super quick my team mate would get it back but FFS dont pass back for the sake of it.
Seams so simple but its the exact reason we copped so many goals because we failed to press the attacker as they streamed forward.
You were describing Golec however he didn’t have any movement to hit when he went on his little runs. They just looked at him and thought wow what’s he doing. Paul’s going to kill him.

When I played midfield beating my man opened up so much space for through balls. Very important skill

Insertnamehere

You were describing Golec however he didn’t have any movement to hit when he went on his little runs. They just looked at him and thought wow what’s he doing. Paul’s going to kill him.

When I played midfield beating my man opened up so much space for through balls. Very important skill
Just have to look at how lost the roos were against Norway to see how curriculum football dulls the ability to think for yourself and adapt to variables.

Offsider

Football is a live game of chess. You can't just repeat the same moves over and over and hope to win. Thinking players who can read the game is the only viable way for professional footballers

Arnold would argue with that .............. and postecoglou , you just have to play the game plan better. Do plan A better . Do it better ........ and if that doesn’t work ......... do it bloody better............ gees come on you guys ..... don’t park the bus ...... come out and play ????

What do you mean they didn’t ???

pinklady

Currently injured isnt he?
Yes out for about 3 months with a stress fracture. Hasn't played since 15 April v Parramatta. Missed some of the NYL but started the NPL in sensational form with 3 goals in the first 3 games. Didn't score in the next 3 and has been out since. Hopefully he will be back for the finals and right again for the next NYL season. The results with Jordan in or out of the side have been nearly identical as has been our goal scoring, although we have played 4 of the top 6 sides without him for 3 wins and a draw, with the other top 6 clash against Hills is this week. All of his games in the NPL have been against teams outside the top 6. Will be good to see him fully recovered and playing against the top teams.

marinermick

Anyone see today’s Express online and the story about $52 million given by the State Government for Gosford’s revitalisation. Look at the photo depicting Leagues Club park and the right hand side of this photo. It has Brett Taylor in a Marinators shirt.

Wombat

Anyone see today’s Express online and the story about $52 million given by the State Government for Gosford’s revitalisation. Look at the photo depicting Leagues Club park and the right hand side of this photo. It has Brett Taylor in a Marinators shirt.

I drove past this morning to see a song and dance going on going on outside the Leagues. I thought it was the NSW Govt cashing in on the Tax office and other building. Excited to hear about a $11m park at Gosford................that is gonna be some park:thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred