• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

finally retired

when I was publicity officer at Umina surf club, I used to write articles every week.....and the Express Advocate always printed. Up until recently the Express Advocate has always had something about the Mariners in their Friday edition... but not for weeks...so something has happened, perhaps the person who was writing the stuff at Mariners HQ has left but I think its important we are in there and in everyone's face. Or does the local newspaper think we are a lost cause too?

Big Al

There is only one addition each week now and if your lucky it is delivered. Very random whether i get mine or not then last week got one in the morning and one in the arvo:doh:

However this week all sport
Section was about coasties in the commonwealth games.

So there was no other sport and we aren’t worth the space as well

Pirate Pete

So yesterday afternoon I went to the local beach. Nippers presentation, BBQ etc.
Nice afternoon. Relaxed forgotten about the game.
Jump in the car to go home and the radio is on ABC as usual. As I can't stand rugby league
I quickly swapped it to a music station.............

"Thunder, feel the thunder
Lightning and the thunder"

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH What the F...............................................................

Quickly hit the off button while the family looked at me as if I was mad.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
They ask me to vote for goal of the year ....we ain’t starved for choice this year, I mean BOBO scored more than we did ...having said that...I can only remember Paineys double and I think one of Hooleys....appears I got a 2017/18 blockage already set in place

finally retired

lol..... that statistic is very depressing.
I thought selecting was easy.....DDS goal was one of the few where we actually attacked the box so my choice. the others were mostly long range shots which looked more spectacular but for me not as good.....

Pirate Pete

They ask me to vote for goal of the year ....we ain’t starved for choice this year, I mean BOBO scored more than we did ...having said that...I can only remember Paineys double and I think one of Hooleys....appears I got a 2017/18 blockage already set in place
You must have been queuing for a half time prawn sandwich when that kid scored a screamer for Woy Woy under 8's.
Don't you remember that?

Wombat

Yes. I voted for the DDS goal. Quality Football......and what we thought we were going to see a lot more of from Okon's team.

Coastalraider

Didn't really know where to put this, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that post the first FC game there was a culture shift stemming from Okon. It's like he created an us vs them attitude from the playing squad to the management. He visibly lost enthusiasm in the sideline, and it almost looked from the outside that when he was unable to buy a striker during the transfer window, he gave up, and the team sensed the inevitability of losing, so lost their effort as well.
When you're coach doesn't lead as though a victory is possible with the squad he has, it would be very hard for the squad to keep putting in when no victory is expected.

FFC Mariner

Something happened around the Roar/WSW home games that we had to win. After that, the wheels fell off. Remember, if we had won those 2 very winnable home games, we would have had a very different season I reckon

Insertnamehere

Something happened around the Roar/WSW home games that we had to win. After that, the wheels fell off. Remember, if we had won those 2 very winnable home games, we would have had a very different season I reckon
I remember about round 14, we had MVC 9 or 10 men and we should have thumped them but they took the draw. We absolutely were limp dick, should have pumped them. I was off us at that point.

Josho Howe

That Okon/Jolic combo was just disastrous. The stories that have came out since they left have been eye opening. I'm glad they're gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred