• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Manchester United v Chelsea- Champions League Final

Andy

That hurts. That really f*cking hurts. No team deserves to lose a final like that, especially after dominating for 2/3rds of it. We were one slip away from winning the UCL and I feel that is something that will always haunt both Chelsea and JT until we finally win it.

Also, I have no doubt now that Drogba has played his last game for us. Not a good way to go tbh.

Paolo

i can comprehend what you are saying, but that doesnt change my opinion of thinking you are a parrot for criticising someone for celebrating a victory(who cares whether he is reserve or not, he is apart of the TEAM).

mustapha_beer

:eek:

What a game from a neutrals point of view! Had just about everything - goals, a red card, shots off the woodwork, and penalties to top it off.

Thought Man Utd dominated the 1st, and Chelsea shaded the 2nd. Had to feel sorry for Terry - 1 kick away from captaining his team to a win.....and the poor sod slips just as he's about to make contact with the ball!

1 other thought - and this is not meant to be rubbing any Chelsea fan's nose in it, just stating an opinion. What kind of utter numbnuts slaps an opposing player.....IN FRONT OF THE REF....IN A FARKEN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!!!!!!! WTF????? Talk about letting everyone down. If that's his true colours, then I hope he does bugger off from the EPL....doesn't matter what the provocation was.

Sean

Chelsea and United debts at record 1.5bn

Accounts show London club's debts at 736m
Abramovich backing has been in form of loans

David Conn, The Guardian, Tuesday May 20 2008.

Roman Abramovich has poured 578m into Chelsea as an interest-free loan.

Chelsea and Manchester United, the Premier League's two representatives in tomorrow's Champions League final, owe creditors 1.5bn between them. According to the latest accounts of Chelsea Limited, the company which owns the football club, Chelsea owed 736m to all its creditors. United's accounts, also recently filed at Companies House, showed total creditors at 764m. Those unprecedented figures will fuel concern that at this time of English football's greatest club triumph its clubs are carrying too much debt.

Covering the year to June 30 2007, Chelsea's accounts show that the club's largest creditor was the owner himself, Roman Abramovich, who had poured 578m into the club, not as a donation but as an interest-free loan. As stated by the chief executive, Peter Kenyon, in February, Chelsea did not owe "external debt" to any bank.

However, with Abramovich's 578m loan, introduced to sign players and pay wages since he bought the club in 2003, plus general amounts owed, taxes and some categories listed among creditors for formal accounting purposes, Chelsea's creditors stood at 736m in total.

Chelsea's director of communications, Simon Greenberg, confirmed that the 578m, described in the accounts as "Other loan", is indeed the loan from Abramovich. Greenberg reiterated that Chelsea has no "external debt" and pointed out that the creditors included season-ticket holders for 2007-08, whose money has technically to be treated as owed until the season is over, "and other normal operating creditors". The figure also included 36.3m still owed on a Eurobond taken out by Chelsea's previous owner, Ken Bates, in 1997. That, the last of Chelsea's "external debt", was then repaid last December.

Kenyon released headline figures from these accounts in February, highlighting that the club made a record turnover, 190.5m, and that its losses were down from 80.2m in 2005-06 to 75.8m last year. Kenyon said then that the club was in a healthy financial position, still aiming to break even by 2009-10, partly because it did not owe money to outside creditors and retained Abramovich's support. "With the company being external debt free and our ownership clearly demonstrating continuing commitment to the long term," Kenyon said, "I am very confident about the future."

United's accounts showed the club's total creditors at 764m. United does have "external debt" - 666m owed to financial institutions, including 152m to hedge funds - taken on by the Glazer family when they bought the club in 2005, then loaded on to United itself. While United's loans incurred interest of 81m last year, the loan to Chelsea by Abramovich is interest-free. Abramovich has funded Chelsea's extraordinary acquisition of stars and, although transfers showed a profit last year, he continued to allow Chelsea to be run at a substantial loss.

Kenyon's role is to transform Chelsea into a club which can survive on its own earnings. In February he acknowledged it was an "ambitious" target to aim to be self-financing by 2009-10 but the accounts bear out commercial progress in all areas. Having finished runners-up in the Premier League, won the FA Cup and League Cup and reached the Champions League semi-final, the club's sponsorship, match-day and media income all increased to push total turnover 25% up.

However, there is no doubt that the club remains wholly reliant on Abramovich's continued funding. Chelsea's chairman, Bruce Buck, has stressed that Abramovich "loves football" and will not "walk away" from Chelsea.

If the owner's enthusiasm were ever to wane, and Abramovich decided he did want his loan back, the accounts show that Chelsea would have 18 months to find the money.

serious14

Andy said:
That hurts. That really f*cking hurts. No team deserves to lose a final like that, especially after dominating for 2/3rds of it. We were one slip away from winning the UCL and I feel that is something that will always haunt both Chelsea and JT until we finally win it.

Also, I have no doubt now that Drogba has played his last game for us. Not a good way to go tbh.

Hard luck mate, hard luck - you're one of those good Chelsea fans, however few of them there are.  ;)  My girlfriend calls your type "Autoglass Chelsea fans", i.e.  been around for a while.  Damn well played though, what a game.  I'll buy you a consoling drink next time I see you, just don't rip my "Road to Moscow" scarf away.  :p

Kareem - mate, just f*ck off.  Honestly, you have no clue.

Paolo

serious14 said:
Andy said:

I'll buy you a consoling drink next time I see you, just don't rip my "Road to Moscow" scarf away.  :p
my team wasnt even in the champions league, can you please buy me a consoling drink?? Also man u knocked us out of FA Cup  :( :( :( 

Free beer please

serious14

keensy said:
serious14 said:
Andy said:

I'll buy you a consoling drink next time I see you, just don't rip my "Road to Moscow" scarf away.  :p
my team wasnt even in the champions league, can you please buy me a consoling drink?? Also man u knocked us out of FA Cup  :( :( :( 

Free beer please

You have a trophy this season, no consoling beer for you.  :p

serious14

Auburn Mariner said:
I'm at work, what did SBS say??? Was the world's greatest commentator, FIGJAM Foster at it again???

Read through Kareem's posts on here after full time, and you get the idea of the dickhead level that Foster was achieving.  He was wailing on Ronaldo bigtime, "oh he still hasn't proved himself in the big games blah blah blah, United play too defensively to be worthy champions, I'm a bitter c*nt", etc. and so forth. 

I got so damn angry that I flipped over to ESPN for the post-match gear.  The World Game/SBS has just lost me as a football viewer until that cockhead is fired/replaced.

Bear

Player signs for team
Player trains his ass off and pushes one of the best keepers in the world to 2nd choice sometimes
Player makes squad for Champions League Final
Players team wins Champions League Final, and is supposed to get up, clap his hands, smile, wave, and go have a shower

Kareem, just f**k off buddy, seriously, you are the biggest, or should that be the smallest, wanker on the face of earth

serious14

And to further relegate this loser down the ladder, Kuszczak did play in the CL this year.  5 times.

Now that you've been totally owned (again) Kareem, do this forum the biggest favour you could ever do it and just _go away_.

Paolo

serious14 said:
And to further relegate this loser down the ladder, Kuszczak did play in the CL this year.  5 times.
only one thing for Kareem now
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

serious14

I just can't fathom how he managed it though, that Getty Images photo I put up a few pages back showed the massive spikes he had on........ did he just not concentrate for that split second or something??    Just one of those things I guess.

serious14

Watching a bit of the replay on Setanta now - Martin Tyler and Andy Gray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SBS and David Basheer.

priorpeter

serious14 said:

Now that you've been totally owned (again) Kareem, do this forum the biggest favour you could ever do it and just _go away_.

x2

Snap!!!

Paolo

watching this makes me think that he has got clean contact on the ball and it was just shit and off target.
v7qget.gif

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
oi keensy...ya not suggesting Dunc put a banana peel under stumblebums foot are ya?

although the thought does bring a smile to my face

:thumbup: :thumbup: :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred