• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FootballNSW

From the dug out said:
Maybe you could start up a disgruntled parents group :grouphug: and just bag the f@#k out of everyone?

Sorry what was I thinking! good luck to you and your son :)

Once again you have showed your mentality there is help for people like you - professional help,  I would suggest you seek some.

reaper said:
Research http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=54  - it invites people to contact FNSW.

Look at link and it says the following for selection.

"Organisation and Selection:
The current centres in Sydney include; Sydney North, Sydney South, Sydney East, Sydney West, Central Coast and Illawarra. Country areas include Riverina, Southern Branch and Western Branch. The girls are included with the boys in each of the regions.

Selection is conducted through State Titles tournament identification and through scouting. The program generally commences in November each year and is conducted for 6 months of the year.

For a copy of the prospectus for 2008/2009 please click here.
For more information please contact the High Performance Unit on: (02) 8814 4436, Fax (02) 8814 4484, Email coaching@footballnsw.com.au."

Does not mention contacting SA or applying on-line this is very clear players are to be selected through scounting and state titles only - As JSM said why is this so. ?

afan

Concernedparent - This is true what u state but if you research and ring them ie FNSW and ask how can your elite son be looked at, , they would advise to contact area manager, whom will look at him etc.

You either want to listen or you don't, it is clear that you don't, so not much more to say.

From the dug out

concerned parent said:
From the dug out said:
Maybe you could start up a disgruntled parents group :grouphug: and just bag the f@#k out of everyone?

Sorry what was I thinking! good luck to you and your son :)

Once again you have showed your mentality there is help for people like you - professional help,  I would suggest you seek some.

Dear concernedparent -

Thank you for your kind words, and yes you are right, I do have a problem!!! I just cannot bring myself to terms when dealing with a DICKHEAD.

*  You ask questions, but don't like the answers!
*  You blame other people for your own incompetence!
*  You hide behind excuses instead of searching for the truth!
*  You are bitter, because your boy has not been selected, therefore everyone else has to wear your burden!
*  People including myself on this site have tried to help you, however the problem is you!
*  When you have nowhere to move and you know people have answered your question, you then question there identity.

This subject has gone for 4 pages, with two of those four dealing with your lack of ability to help yourself! You continue to whinge about the same thing, we have heard you....move on!

FFS, now I'm starting to feel sorry for you! :headbutt:

A mate also told me that SA has advised his squads that Tony Judge Development Manager FNSW has resigned and more to come...

afan

Well every1 complained about Lightning and FNSW Johnny Warren inviting players only.  Mariners academy now inviting players directly for their 94/95 squads and 96 squads etc.  Letters are been received as scholarship, only 16 spots available.

Finally, mariners doing their home work and inviting players not just from lightning but best youngsters regardless if Lightning or Sydney based players.

priorpeter

From the dug out said:
Dear concernedparent -

Thank you for your kind words, and yes you are right, I do have a problem!!! I just cannot bring myself to terms when dealing with a DICKHEAD.

*  You ask questions, but don't like the answers!
*  You blame other people for your own incompetence!
*  You hide behind excuses instead of searching for the truth!
*  You are bitter, because your boy has not been selected, therefore everyone else has to wear your burden!
*  People including myself on this site have tried to help you, however the problem is you!
*  When you have nowhere to move and you know people have answered your question, you then question there identity.

This subject has gone for 4 pages, with two of those four dealing with your lack of ability to help yourself! You continue to whinge about the same thing, we have heard you....move on!

FFS, now I'm starting to feel sorry for you! :headbutt:

Bam.

Rowdy

afan said:
Well every1 complained about Lightning and FNSW Johnny Warren inviting players only. 

What players?

afan said:
Mariners academy now inviting players directly for their 94/95 squads and 96 squads etc.  Letters are been received as scholarship, only 16 spots available.

The Mariners own a time machine?  :-\

The devil is always in the detail......or the lack of it

afan

wot do u mean by "wot players", players that have been identified by mariners coaches etc. players from lightning and players from pyl clubs in Sydney etc.

time machine? not quite just youth development and of course there is more detail and program structure etc

Rowdy

afan said:
wot do u mean by "wot players

That's WHAT i was asking you  ::) but now you've switched up the focus of "who's" inviting players, first you said:

afan said:
everybody complained about Lightning & FNSW Johnny Warren inviting players

Which I took to understand that CC Lightning AND Johnny Warren Foundation were 'selective' in regards to 'inviting' players to trial BUT now you're saying:

afan said:
players that have been identified by mariners coaches

??? Can't quite figure out the who, the what and the why of your post

As for the time machine reference:

afan said:
Mariners academy now inviting players directly for their 94/95 squads and 96 squads etc........
..............Your reply of ...............not quite just youth development and of course there is more detail and program structure etc

Since when did the Mariners have youth academy squads in 1994, 1995 & 1996  ???

Just utterly confused by both of your posts, as i'm sure are others

W

Wilson

Rowdy said:
afan said:
wot do u mean by "wot players

That's WHAT i was asking you  ::) but now you've switched up the focus of "who's" inviting players, first you said:

afan said:
everybody complained about Lightning & FNSW Johnny Warren inviting players

Which I took to understand that CC Lightning AND Johnny Warren Foundation were 'selective' in regards to 'inviting' players to trial BUT now you're saying:

afan said:
players that have been identified by mariners coaches

??? Can't quite figure out the who, the what and the why of your post

As for the time machine reference:

afan said:
Mariners academy now inviting players directly for their 94/95 squads and 96 squads etc........
..............Your reply of ...............not quite just youth development and of course there is more detail and program structure etc

Since when did the Mariners have youth academy squads in 1994, 1995 & 1996  ???

Just utterly confused by both of your posts, as i'm sure are others

I would assume that was the year of their birth

afan

Rowdy,  this post goes back a bit and people like concerned parent, from dug out etc would understand my post.  If you read back you will notice that most people have bagged CCL for closed trials etc.  Then FNSW did the same with Johnny Warren Foundation program for boys age 13 and girls 15-16 etc. and CONCERNED PARENT BAGGED IT BADLY.

Concerned parent came on and said, well CCL and FNSW are hopeless, so I will take my boy to mariners academy as they are taking any players who play reps or Div1 and are allow to trial. 

Well this is no more as CCM academy are now targeting those elite kids in age groups BORN 1995/94/96 and 97 and inviting them to a scholarship program and they CCM are securing services of some good Youth Dev coaches.

Thats it, so what im saying is that everyone is doing the same when it comes to best kids CONCERNED PARENT

Also Rowdy Mariners have run academies for boys/girls age 8-14 in 2008, so not sure y u confused, but read previous post and u may get it.

From the dug out

Exciting times for junior development on the coast at the moment. Kids can now stay local and get the training they need/ thats avaiable.

Better than having to travel to Parklea, which they did in my youth or travel to Armidale Uni for a weekly school holiday camp.

Results should start coming through by 2018 & 2022 WC......Hopefully.

Whether coast kids are good enough is really beside the point...the point is, is that they have the opportunities to stay involved at a technical level at a younger age locally and if it's meant to be...then it will be.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

From the dug out said:
Did anyone of our coast's littlies do well at FNSW "Top Gun" camp at Parklea?

My nephew came second......I think the other coast boys did well too. Maybe I'll post more when I hear more...

But it is only a matter of time before you see Jordon Robert Bennett across the back of a Mariners jersey...

From the dug out

Yes my young bloke is in his age group.

Stayed with Jordy and Todd at gateway caravan park, bloody hot week.

Pretty sure my young bloke made it too, have to wait and see next Wednesday when they make it public knowledge.

I heard 5 from the coast made the 12's squad as well. well done to all who partisipated in extreme conditions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred