• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FootballNSW

reaper

VSP is valentine sports park and widely known as that.  I'm referring to academy coaches not state coaches.  The new grassroots that it is run by FNSW, the central program runs from VSP and those coaches are woeful.

goingtoadisco

reaper said:
VSP is valentine sports park and widely known as that.  I'm referring to academy coaches not state coaches.  The new grassroots that it is run by FNSW, the central program runs from VSP and those coaches are woeful.

how are they woeful ? what is your position in saying that are you a parent ?

not having a go at you at all btw, just curious.

reaper

Understand your question goingtoadisco and no issues with it.  As stated earlier my son was in program at VSP when Oscar G and Steve A were around as senior coaches and the new coaches lack not only know how of game plus aren't able to show correct technique as they are school teachers and mates of people in high places.

My son has long left the FNSW system in which I worked in it many years ago.  BTW my opinion but it is shared by many in Sydney and NSW Youth Forum will highlight this to you

goingtoadisco

reaper said:
Understand your question goingtoadisco and no issues with it.  As stated earlier my son was in program at VSP when Oscar G and Steve A were around as senior coaches and the new coaches lack not only know how of game plus aren't able to show correct technique as they are school teachers and mates of people in high places.

My son has long left the FNSW system in which I worked in it many years ago.  BTW my opinion but it is shared by many in Sydney and NSW Youth Forum will highlight this to you

so basically there employing people who are not the right people for the job as far as teaching technique goes ? also  bit sad that mates of people are getting the jobs infront of others.

footparent said:
I'll start by stating that my son was CUT from the 2008/09 Johnny Warren Program which is run by FNSW for age 13's.  This is a free program where players are selected for state teams etc.  We trialed for Met Far North region.  Players are invited from recent state titles and some from Reps and club sides etc. 

I must state that these were the most professional trials I have witnessed anywhere before. Pleayers did not just play SSG and then coaches selected based on their opinions alone or political etc.

1st sessions players were subjected to intense session of passing and movement etc, then were split in teams of 4 where two teams played 4v4 with goals and the other 2 were treated to 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 with 2-3 touch poseesion game in front of the senior coach who runs CC FNSW, this bloke is brutally honest.

Second trials were all testing in 20M side passing, 20M instep drives, timed dribble, leg power, 20M sprints and various juggling techniques and as he states to remove subjectivity or his own opinions of some parents which have been bagging him for years and thus stats will not allow him to cut their kids etc, this is a very refreshing approach.

I want to just conclude that Im saddened because I would have loved for my son to be involved in this program as it is so porfessionally run with pure development, oh well, good luck to those who are fortunate to have this guy help their kids.

My last question to CCF people who may see this forum, it is time to bring poach, offer, do whatever we can to ensure this professional whom is so passionate and showed kids how to do things instead of just telling them, away from FNSW and into OUR CCF.

Does anyone know if any club players were asked to trial. ? Footparent where does you son play. ?

Hmmm well he must agree with the CCF assessment of players on the coast to a certain extent of the 18 players for under 13's selected 14 of whom were boys and 4 girls, 12 lighting boys were picked and one thunder boy leaving only one player from a club. Did he know this when selecting players or was their playing history unknown to the selector. ? 

Honestly I'd reckon I could have picked that squad myself. Why even hold a trial. ?

afan

I know the selector well and has nothing to do with CCL and thus yes some club players were invited but did not show. As for why do trials, well that is easy to answer to give all kids a go who wished to be looked at, it is hardly anyones fault if these kids do not show. 

I know how I find out about such programs, I visit FNSW web page, who runs the game and thus I ask questions and how can someone look at my boy as the CCF will not send any players outside of their pathetic development programs.

From the players that showed, the best were chosen

afan said:
I know the selector well and has nothing to do with CCL and thus yes some club players were invited but did not show. As for why do trials, well that is easy to answer to give all kids a go who wished to be looked at, it is hardly anyones fault if these kids do not show. 

I know how I find out about such programs, I visit FNSW web page, who runs the game and thus I ask questions and how can someone look at my boy as the CCF will not send any players outside of their pathetic development programs.

From the players that showed, the best were chosen

I find it hard to believe that club players that were invited did not show they are usually dying to try out for such squads.

The fact still is that 13 out of 14 boys selected were already in reps on the coast from a CCF selected squad. Who takes the credit now if they do well CCF or this bloke. ?

afan

You can believe what you want but when this bloke as you put it, invited players who approach him via FNSW, and no show, as it occurred, then not much you can do.  Now for the credit, wake up, these kids have been with CCL for 1.4 years, so who takes the credit for current age group, the parents and the kids, for previous age group (born 1995) the bloke as he had 90% of them for 6 years or so, the next crop ie. Next years the bloke as he has had them for the last 4 years.

Do remember that JWFF squads are picked from Branch and rep squads, I'm sorry but thats reality, right or wrong.  If any club player wanted to be seen by this bloke all they had to do is research and don't wait for someone to call you.  Go to FNSW web page and request a trial etc.

afan said:
You can believe what you want but when this bloke as you put it, invited players who approach him via FNSW, and no show, as it occurred, then not much you can do.  Now for the credit, wake up, these kids have been with CCL for 1.4 years, so who takes the credit for current age group, the parents and the kids, for previous age group (born 1995) the bloke as he had 90% of them for 6 years or so, the next crop ie. Next years the bloke as he has had them for the last 4 years.

Do remember that JWFF squads are picked from Branch and rep squads, I'm sorry but thats reality, right or wrong.  If any club player wanted to be seen by this bloke all they had to do is research and don't wait for someone to call you.  Go to FNSW web page and request a trial etc.

I still find it very hard to believe that club kids would not turn up for a trial who were invited can you tell how many I'll contact FNSW.

Please clarify "with CCL 1.4 years" and also remarks "he has had 90% of them for 6 years"

In reality how is a 12 year old from a club supposed to know to look at the FNSW website at a specific time for a trial which he didnt know is going to happen I bet the rep kids were invited weren't they. ? they would have been informed
How is this any different then to the trials that CCF have ? I know of kids presently trialling for lightning that would have trialled for this if they knew it was going to happen. 

From the dug out

Is this really a matter of who excepts credit? or are we still talking about development here.

JW is free for anybody who makes it! FREE. Of course players from Lightning should make it, they are supposed to be the best the Coast has got in that age group. You ask any of these JW kids, have they made it and the answer is NO. Come next April every JW player will be trialling to make NSWIS. Will they have made it then NO, it's just the next stepping stone.

Life doesn't stop at Lightning or neither does a childs development!

From the dug out said:
Is this really a matter of who excepts credit? or are we still talking about development here.

JW is free for anybody who makes it! FREE. Of course players from Lightning should make it, they are supposed to be the best the Coast has got in that age group. You ask any of these JW kids, have they made it and the answer is NO. Come next April every JW player will be trialling to make NSWIS. Will they have made it then NO, it's just the next stepping stone.

Life doesn't stop at Lightning or neither does a childs development!

Various people are singing the praises of this bloke I don't know him but he is a genius because he picks 13 already rep players out of 14 in a development squad and it looks like they were the only ones trialling.

Of course we would expect lightning to be a majority of the players selected, how about a chance for some others to develop. ?

From the dug out

concerned parent said:
afan said:

I still find it very hard to believe that club kids would not turn up for a trial who were invited can you tell how many I'll contact FNSW.

Please clarify "with CCL 1.4 years" and also remarks "he has had 90% of them for 6 years"

In reality how is a 12 year old from a club supposed to know to look at the FNSW website at a specific time for a trial which he didnt know is going to happen I bet the rep kids were invited weren't they. ? they would have been informed
How is this any different then to the trials that CCF have ? I know of kids presently trialling for lightning that would have trialled for this if they knew it was going to happen. 

Unfortunatley concerned parent it is not allowed to be advertised on the CCF website as CCF think it is thier enemy. CCF would be one of the few associations that don't endores FNSW programs. This goes back to when they thought it was a good thing to get rid of Allan Bourke.

If any child does not know about this then it should be the fault of CCF. Like stated earlier in this topic, the CCF's Chairman's son has been apart of this program for the past 3 summers.

Your questions are valid, however need to be asked at the right places, by the decision making poeple at CCF.

For future reference log onto www.footballcentralcoast.com/

afan

Concerned Parent - why don't you call him and I'm sure he will look at your son.  What from the dug out is telling you, is correct, he is not allowed to advertise and it is not the child that should be researching it is YOU for your child.  I just called him and he told me that he received 5 emails  as he placed on his web page, if you are a club player let FNSW know and we will invite you to trial.  Well he got over 10 emails of which he told all of them to come and only 1 club player came and was selected.  SA never ever states he is a genious, but don't bag him for chosing the correct players from what showed up.

What I meant about, with him for past 6 years is that parents researched it and took their kids to trial to FNSW instead of CCF.  He will be the first to tell you that he needs no credit and it is the kids that do it by their own attitudes and parents support

Every parent of a child that plays the sport knows that FNSW is the governing body, so if CCF don't give you what u need then do your homework like all of us do.

CCLFOREVER

Concerned Parent - What does your son do in the offseason? You will find that many of the boys that make JW apply themselves to join academys in particular FNSW academys or get extra training for eg off Mr Steve Arbelo. Yes some go to the CCF academys which I can tell you are not a patch on Steve. I know of boys who have attended both. The real reason a lot of boys fall behind is that they do not commit themselves to the game. They like to do all sports cricket, basketball, nippers etc. Nothing wrong with that but while they are doing this others are are benefiting.

My kids dont have an off season they train or play right through, at worst one training session a week at least.

Thanks guys I'll give Steve a call does he have room for up to twenty players is that right. ?
As it is a free program it would be great to see that it is being utilised by appropriate players
I'm only talking about a grade here.

afan

Correct 20 players and I'm sure Steve will give you a trial. He has 18 in squad right now and Peter Preston is the coach but Steve will have last word.

afan

concerned parent - I spoke to Steve last night and he told me that no-one called and given that JWWF train Friday's, Sunday & Monday, one would think you would have called by now as you seemed very passionate.

afan said:
concerned parent - I spoke to Steve last night and he told me that no-one called and given that JWWF train Friday's, Sunday & Monday, one would think you would have called by now as you seemed very passionate.

I am at pluim last night with 2 of my kids with lightning. My boy just signed for the mariners academy he said he would prefer to do that.

One of my kids plays in a state league comp (nothing to do with CCF) and was knocked back by SA when he was younger for Coerver, (couldn't get coached even though parents were willing to pay for it )  was told he didn't have the right stuff. He has played in mens state comp for a few years now, started in this when he was only sixteen years old.

Sorry I still think it is disgraceful the way this has been picked JWWF why hasn't anyone tried to fill the vacant positions in the squad. ?

afan

Well you know what, just because u can pay, doesn't mean you can play.  If he cut your boy, well he  cut many and that is his choice.

As for not filling in squads, 20 is max and minimum is whatever he & FNSW believe are up to it.  Does not have to be filled.

Enjoy your Mariners academy and they are taking anyone that can pay

reaper

Well said afan, typical attitude of a parent who thinks just because they have money, they should be picked.  He was given an opportunity to trial or at least call for one, and he also stated he can't believe club kids did not show after an invite, well believe it cause you are one of them.  Most jwff syd squads also only have 16-18, 20 is max. 

Once again just for you, JWFF squads are chosen from FNSW state titles and CCF were not very good, Tony Judge was present there.

This person should change name to disgruntle parent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred