• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FootballNSW

From the dug out

concerned parent said:
afan said:
concerned parent - I spoke to Steve last night and he told me that no-one called and given that JWWF train Friday's, Sunday & Monday, one would think you would have called by now as you seemed very passionate.

I am at pluim last night with 2 of my kids with lightning. My boy just signed for the mariners academy he said he would prefer to do that.

One of my kids plays in a state league comp (nothing to do with CCF) and was knocked back by SA when he was younger for Coerver, (couldn't get coached even though parents were willing to pay for it )  was told he didn't have the right stuff. He has played in mens state comp for a few years now, started in this when he was only sixteen years old.

Sorry I still think it is disgraceful the way this has been picked JWWF why hasn't anyone tried to fill the vacant positions in the squad. ?

Easier alternative, can't get rejected either, as there was no trial or grading..... win win situation.

One for the kid and one for the dad. :redcard:

Concerned Parent - As I said earlier my son was also cut but I watched trials and I though he was struggling and I met with Steve who shared all his stats on my son and I'm deeply grateful as I know what he has to work on.  He wrote for me a home program with drills, outcomes "free" and send it to me via email to help with his technique.

So I stand my my original comments and my son will prove Steve wrong and that is what Steve also hopes he does.  Attitude is everything and parents honest support is crucial.

footparent said:
Concerned Parent - As I said earlier my son was also cut but I watched trials and I though he was struggling and I met with Steve who shared all his stats on my son and I'm deeply grateful as I know what he has to work on.  He wrote for me a home program with drills, outcomes "free" and send it to me via email to help with his technique.

So I stand my my original comments and my son will prove Steve wrong and that is what Steve also hopes he does.  Attitude is everything and parents honest support is crucial.

Tip: Get him some decent coaching (you'll have to pay though) and when he is sixteen trial him for premier league hopefully he'll get a start and be a success like my young bloke.

thanks and all kids develop at different stages, so he may just do that and I wish he would have made JWFF not for the name but for the coach as he is decent, so don't bag him cause he cut your boy and/or conducted trials as per FNSW protocol, he just works for them.

Is your 16 yo playing PYL and good club?

footparent said:
thanks and all kids develop at different stages, so he may just do that and I wish he would have made JWFF not for the name but for the coach as he is decent, so don't bag him cause he cut your boy and/or conducted trials as per FNSW protocol, he just works for them.

Is your 16 yo playing PYL and good club?

Not bagging him stating what happened but sorry stating facts makes you "disgruntled" my lads now 19 and enjoying his football in PL.

Cool, stats are OK but know why he does what he does, it is FNSW rules and I hope one day he leaves them and gets Director of Coaching at CCL, now that would be something

Glad to hear it and I'm sure Steve would be so happy that your boy is playing PL.

Afan,  reaper and from the dug out you blokes must be joined at the hip.

Obviously my boy can play otherwise he wouldnt have got picked for state league.

Mariners are not just taking anyone and if they were what is wrong with kids improving their game. ?

Reaper
1. READ THE POSTS, my boy wasnt given an opportunity to trial nor were any others on the coast because NOBODY KNEW ABOUT THE TRIALS but we are supposed to blame CCF are we. ? (Thats right they cant be advertised).
2. JWFF squads are chosen from FNSW state teams and CCF were not very good didnt 11 players from lightning 12s go to state titles, arent many of them the same players chosen for JW. ?
3. You should change your name to SA appreciation club president

From the dug out

concerned parent said:
“Afan”,  “reaper” and “from the dug out” you blokes must be joined at the hip.

Obviously my boy can play otherwise he wouldn’t have got picked for state league.

Mariners are not just taking anyone and if they were what is wrong with kids improving their game. ?

“Reaper”
1. READ THE POSTS, my boy wasn’t given an opportunity to trial nor were any others on the coast because NOBODY KNEW ABOUT THE TRIALS but we are supposed to blame CCF are we. ? (Thats right they cant be advertised).
2. “JWFF squads are chosen from FNSW state teams and CCF were not very good” didn’t 11 players from lightning 12’s go to state titles, aren’t many of them the same players chosen for JW. ?
3. You should change your name to “SA appreciation club president”

I give up!!! not going to waste my time with an expert who is not willing to help himself.

Do your own research from now on!

reaper

1) Thats right but afan apparently asked you to call for a trial and you didn't. for all we know or you for that matter, afan could be SA.

2) so what if he plays State league, maybe when he was 13 or 14 he was going through growth spurts and back then  he was struggling. Sometimes kids do get cut cause they don't trial well and then go and play and rip it up.  You pick what u see on the day.

3) FNSW does not advertise JWFF trials on CCF.  The only ones that didn't know of JWFF trials are parents that do not research FNSW academies.

4) 1 club player was chosen and he found out , how?

5) All kids that play in metro U12 are auto invited, their names are taking out of FNSW registrations. Right or wrong - wrong I think - I agree with you here

6) I only stick up for SA and afan probably the same, cause he as footparent states, goes by the rules he is given and regardless of what you think, for every one that dislikes him, there are many that praise him.

Mariners are taking anyone and no trials? and no issue with kids wanting to improve.

afan

OK concerned parent - I tried to help you, so let's just say I disagree with what you say or state as YOU and only YOU can help your kid, so continue to blame and I do wish you well.

Afan,  reaper and from the dug out you blokes must be joined at the hip. Looks like I was right, you're probably all SA.

Mariners are taking "A" grade and above only and as most reps are in JWFF mostly "A" grade, do you have a problem with Mariner coaches. ?

afan

I don't care where u go and mariners are taking anyone and everyone is SA just because someone speaks or defends him and you dislike him cause he cut junior.

Bitter

CCLFOREVER

CONCERNED PARENT - I HAVE WATCHED MARINERS ACADEMY. COACHES ARE GOOD BUT MOST OF THOSE KIDS ARE THERE BECAUSE MUM AND DAD PAYED. BOTTOM LINE. IF THEY ARE "A" GRADE PLAYERS WE ARE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE. ONLY ONE OR TWO AT THE MOST WOULD BE "A" GRADE AS YOU SAY.

reaper

Last time I speak to concerned parent, cause you can't reason wit soeone that is very disgruntled - but thanks for the compliments and watch out CCL4ever/footparent etc you will be accused of being SA as well.

Afan, Dug out and me, since we are all SA why are u not at Parklea with junior right now.

CCLFOREVER said:
CONCERNED PARENT - I HAVE WATCHED MARINERS ACADEMY. COACHES ARE GOOD BUT MOST OF THOSE KIDS ARE THERE BECAUSE MUM AND DAD PAYED. BOTTOM LINE. IF THEY ARE "A" GRADE PLAYERS WE ARE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE. ONLY ONE OR TWO AT THE MOST WOULD BE "A" GRADE AS YOU SAY.

All the kids are there because mum and dad payed, the only "free" coaching I know of is the JWFF (but that is closed to most as I have PROVEN).
Check with Damien Brown if you like to do the Mariners academy the players have to be "A" grade (why do you feel you have to bag the kids at the Academy).
Bye Bye Grim Reaper - you reap what you sow.

why do you all pull your heads in.. CCL bags mariners, parent bags JWF as Grade A players aren't invited. Reaper defends Steve and bags parent, afan makes some sense but also stirs the pot.

Move on and if anyone has an issue - don't be cowards and put it on forums, with nameless names, do as I did and called SA. 

before you have a go at me, i have bagged no-one, I had an issue and called the guy direct. 

afan

OK just to smoke the peace pipe - you are correct JWF is free and invitational only.  Rep kids get invited and some get invites from state titles.  Is this right, probably not but it is how it is done all over NSW.  Central Coast JWF was noted on web page www.footballcentralcoast.com stating if you are a club player email and you will be invited.

The problem with this was that no-one really knows SA has a web page unless you have been through Grassroots with him previously. SA is isn't going to to pay out of his pocket and put in on the newspapers, so it is why I said from the beginning Concerned Parent - you must research it for your kids. 

Finally I'm not SA and I have no idea who reaper is on what he is on, but I would be annoyed if that was Steve.  I called him as he is at VSP right now going over JWF camp stats from last w/end, and he keeps on telling me, ask them to call me or email him and only then can things be sorted out.

Believe it or not, your choice

reaper

afan i'm not SA and no coach either but a lot of parents that complain is because kids get cut and my boy got cut from Spirit, Demons etc. so I do understand where concerned parent is coming from, but unless you do as footparents states, deep breath, ask questions, research and  work hard and hope your boy gets a break.

You don't have to stay on the coast, take your boy to open trials elsewhere  ???

afan said:
OK just to smoke the peace pipe - you are correct JWF is free and invitational only.  Rep kids get invited and some get invites from state titles.  Is this right, probably not but it is how it is done all over NSW.  Central Coast JWF was noted on web page www.footballcentralcoast.com stating if you are a club player email and you will be invited.

The problem with this was that no-one really knows SA has a web page unless you have been through Grassroots with him previously. SA is isn't going to to pay out of his pocket and put in on the newspapers, so it is why I said from the beginning Concerned Parent - you must research it for your kids. 

Finally I'm not SA and I have no idea who reaper is on what he is on, but I would be annoyed if that was Steve.  I called him as he is at VSP right now going over JWF camp stats from last w/end, and he keeps on telling me, ask them to call me or email him and only then can things be sorted out.

Believe it or not, your choice

As I said before my boy has signed for Mariners academy thanks for your help.

From the dug out

Maybe you could start up a disgruntled parents group :grouphug: and just bag the f@#k out of everyone?

Sorry what was I thinking! good luck to you and your son :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred