• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 08

hasbeen

Kareem said:
mariners 2nd season- (in an international league...boca, sao paoulo, river plate, bayern munich, lyon etc.)
I have bought Juninho, Carle, Beauchamp, downey, mardenzaro (some Argentine dude)...not doin too bad (came 3rd behind lyon ad bayern...wait till I reinforce)
formation
-----------------Vukovic------------------
Wilko----Boogard-----Beauchamp----Heffernan
---------------Jeidnak----------------------
---------------Juninho/Carle----------------
----Elrich------------------------Carle------
---------------Kwasnik---------------------
---------------Mrdja----------------------
This is not real .. you can tailor your players despite their actual strengths / weaknesses. what is the point? You're better off watching youtube or videos and learning from the real players. Everything you need to know is there .. positional play, tricks, diagonal runs ... you name it. I believe the real problem with football today and why we don't have the quality we should have with our kids is;
1. Too regimented games at a too early age.
2. Lack of passion from the kids ... too many other distractions .. they don't play outside of games & training
3. Xbox / PS2 and PC games ... teach you nothing and make sedentary kids. 

Part_Timer

i have to disagree with the ps3 bit when i play fifa on mine it makes me want to go out and play even more....but i spose im not a kid just imature haha

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
mariners 2nd season- (in an international league...boca, sao paoulo, river plate, bayern munich, lyon etc.)
I have bought Juninho, Carle, Beauchamp, downey, mardenzaro (some Argentine dude)...not doin too bad (came 3rd behind lyon ad bayern...wait till I reinforce)
formation
-----------------Vukovic------------------
Wilko----Boogard-----Beauchamp----Heffernan
---------------Jeidnak----------------------
---------------Juninho/Carle----------------
----Elrich------------------------Carle------
---------------Kwasnik---------------------
---------------Mrdja----------------------
This is not real .. you can tailor your players despite their actual strengths / weaknesses. what is the point? You're better off watching youtube or videos and learning from the real players. Everything you need to know is there .. positional play, tricks, diagonal runs ... you name it. I believe the real problem with football today and why we don't have the quality we should have with our kids is;
1. Too regimented games at a too early age.
2. Lack of passion from the kids ... too many other distractions .. they don't play outside of games & training
3. Xbox / PS2 and PC games ... teach you nothing and make sedentary kids. 
tbh i dont really get wat ur goin on about here...
I play a decent style with mariners (spanish sort of I hate English style)(or Arsenal style- simply beautiful)
on your points
1) I as I am sure many here do agree with that. Its getting sorted but our comment (although correct) was a bit random?
2) i dunno. I never lacked the passion. Neither do 1/2 my u13s team.
3) may not teach you nothing. BUT it helps to develop and nurture the kids passion for the game. Something you complain isnt there...

fedelta

skilbeck said:
i dont like it on wii as much as i like it on ps2 or pc

The graphics looked pretty shite to me..well I only saw a couple of screen shots on the case of the game but anyway

Kareem

i go through periods of scoring goals...like arsenal ;)
I won games against bordeux and feyenoord 1-0
then liverpool 2-0 and Villareal 5-0 (cahill hattrick, kwassie double).
Dunno why inconsistent up front (and same with arsenal- dunno u they are inconsistent.
Note: Mariners team now has Cahill, Kewell, McDonald (yew!), Neill, Beauchamp, Carle, Downey(hittin prime) + (Boogs and Vukovic hittin prime). Hence why we can match it with best!
(still shouldnt beat liverpool with those players)

TerrigalUtd

man just played most amazing game in fifa 08  im playin with mariners 2nd season we were down 2-0 to Roar preliminary final  88th minute den we get a free kick and juninho scores a screamer then 90th minute petrovski scores from close in.      looks all good till 105th minute dam tiatto scores of a nearly identical free kick as juninho's. now looks were gunna lose but 117th minute  simon shoots from way outside the box keeper saves and we get a corner    juninho whips it in and simon heads it in top corner. goes into penalties  Danny saves penalty from Reinaldo and den we won 5-4 on penalties.    i didn't make any of dis up

hasbeen

TerrigalUtd said:
man just played most amazing game in fifa 08   im playin with mariners 2nd season we were down 2-0 to Roar preliminary final   88th minute den we get a free kick and juninho scores a screamer then 90th minute petrovski scores from close in.       looks all good till 105th minute dam tiatto scores of a nearly identical free kick as juninho's. now looks were gunna lose but 117th minute  simon shoots from way outside the box keeper saves and we get a corner     juninho whips it in and simon heads it in top corner. goes into penalties   Danny saves penalty from Reinaldo and den we won 5-4 on penalties.    i didn't make any of dis up

jeez, just for a moment I thought this was real until read the bit 'simon heads it into the top corner'.

dantheman2259

Just thought id post here as this fifa thread has been dead for a while. But anyone playin euro?? Im lovin it on ps3, it cuts sick. I took the might of Latvia through qualifiers and to euro but lost to spain in semis bastards

fedelta

fifa200923ew3.png

I don't think that is the real cover but anyway..
FIFA 09 is going to be on PS2  :vhappy:.. don't have to upgrade just yet  ;D

Kareem

taylor said:
fifa200923ew3.png

I don't think that is the real cover but anyway..
FIFA 09 is going to be on PS2  :vhappy:.. don't have to upgrade just yet  ;D
both are PRO EVO diehards/poster boys....seriously doubt it IMO

MattSimon

TerrigalUtd said:
...   Danny saves penalty from Reinaldo and den we won 5-4 on penalties.    i didn't make any of dis up ...

Has to be made up. Reinaldo would have put his shot into Row ZZ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred