• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 08

graaant

FIFA 09 is looking sick
and with PS3 2.4.0 just released, should make playing online a bit easier.
If anyone wants a game I'm grantashman

However, we've had problems before.

fedelta

yeah i was thinking about that the other day.
in manager mode if you do so and so you get the job as national coach and have world cup etc

Bear

taylor said:
yeah i was thinking about that the other day.
in manager mode if you do so and so you get the job as national coach and have world cup etc

You can do it in manager games (ffs players can get married and have children in manager games) so I cant see why the quoted idea cant happen. Great idea if it were to happen

Part_Timer

i wish the transfers were a bit more involved, more things to do as coach you should have a post match question after every game to abuse, praise, ignore your team or something

Jocwa08

yeah fifa do a lot of match updates,
but not to many pre/post match updates.
i like that stuff like managing your team and
scouting and giving young guys from youth a go,
i reckon its just as good as playing the games.

tuftman

In the Football Manager games you get to do pre-match half time and full time team talks, and you interact a lot more with the board and with the players. You also have a Reserve and under 18's And there is all the major international tournaments as well as their under-age equivalents. The money side of the FM games is better as well with prizemoney for tournaments, TV etc. The transfers are more in depth with clauses such as an initial fee plus more over a period of time as well as sell on clauses....I doubt that the FIFA games could include all of these but some would be nice

Jocwa08

TUFTY-mitchell said:
In the Football Manager games you get to do pre-match half time and full time team talks, and you interact a lot more with the board and with the players. You also have a Reserve and under 18's And there is all the major international tournaments as well as their under-age equivalents. The money side of the FM games is better as well with prizemoney for tournaments, TV etc. The transfers are more in depth with clauses such as an initial fee plus more over a period of time as well as sell on clauses....I doubt that the FIFA games could include all of these but some would be nice

does this game have a-league in it ?

priorpeter

i was thinking about starting a separate thread for FM2008. yeah, i got it a couple of weeks ago - I rate it, it's worthwhile. Also, I believe it's still 50% off at EB, so check it out!

Jocwa08

priorpeter said:
i was thinking about starting a separate thread for FM2008. yeah, i got it a couple of weeks ago - I rate it, it's worthwhile. Also, I believe it's still 50% off at EB, so check it out!

thats sick, how much did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking ?

priorpeter

i paid $50 - off ebay though. i think it was like $70 or $80 at EB - less a 50% discount, which i wasn't aware of at the time of my purchase...

i'm pretty sure it was 50% at EB, it may have only been 25% or 30% though so best to check i 'spose!

Jocwa08

priorpeter said:
i paid $50 - off ebay though. i think it was like $70 or $80 at EB - less a 50% discount, which i wasn't aware of at the time of my purchase...

i'm pretty sure it was 50% at EB, it may have only been 25% or 30% though so best to check i 'spose!

yeah i will thanks :)
sounds like a sick game
one i would play
soccer games = addictive

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members