• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 08

skilbeck

lol we could get ourselves a Michael Enfield. Just as a joke player though. But the USA cant hurt or Mexico, thats what I did in fifa 08 was get a Mexican attacking mid when Tommy P retired :p

fedelta

Yeah on my manager mode Pondeljak, Gumprecht and Clark are all about to retire.  :mad:
Maybe I should get some Mexican players too!

How about we buy Landon Donovan from LA or Clint Dempsey from Fulham?  :p

skilbeck

I got someone called Moises Velasco, quite good, scored a cracker of a set piece goal in his first game for me :p. Not great overall but good by a league standards. and has reasonably good growth prospects

fedelta

I will have a look for him them.
I scored a cracker for Osman yesterday.. outside the box..outside of the foot.. Tommich running back..falls over..goal!  :eek:

skilbeck

I dont think theres one of these on this new forum so im going to start one in order to prevent the central coast mariners squad 2008/2009 thread from going a mile off topic. this is to discuss peoples lineups, awesome goals and plays, offer tips and to discuss signings in manager mode.

What I did was create all the HAL players that dont exist in the game as well as adjust all the stats to give some of the better players in RL justice i.e. Jedinak, griffo the turdface and Zullo getting the most help and to better represent some of the more challenged players in RL i.e. Zdrillic, Jardel and Agostino. The average stat of the league is about mid to high 60's now IMO though at the start of V3 it wouldve been low 60's, with strong prospects for league growth. I hate how you cant send the scout out in Australia though

kepo

The ratings of a-league teams and players differ from the ps3 and pc/ps2 version..

Weird
On Ps2 syd are 2.5 star and ccm are 2

and on ps2
we all half a star

:?

skilbeck

I scale them up and they are all pretty even. All sides are 2.5 star on mine except for Wellington and Perth. i.e. for Wellington I left the back 4 the same cos they are all shit.

skilbeck

also i noted formations were a bit incorrect for some of the sides for instance Sydney seemed to go for something like 5-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 this season, Newcastle seemed to go with 4-2-3-1 we went 4-1-3-2 and melbourne and adelaide had a few variable formations that wont there. so i created these formations to better match the real life ones and optimise each side

fedelta

skilbeck said:
also i noted formations were a bit incorrect for some of the sides for instance Sydney seemed to go for something like 5-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 this season, Newcastle seemed to go with 4-2-3-1 we went 4-1-3-2 and melbourne and adelaide had a few variable formations that wont there. so i created these formations to better match the real life ones and optimise each side

Yeah alot of the line ups and formations are completely different to what the teams actually play.

Haha I just f*cked up my season..It was the transfer period so i transfered a free agent who's overall was 82 and I was going to sell him but no one wanted to buy him and I couldn't get rid of him! His wages age like 2/3 or the whole team and I was losing like -$250K away games and like -$100somethingK home games.

Kareem

fifa is crap. Pro evo all the way!!!
I scored a cracker with Jedinak from outside the box the other day!

~Floss~

james_sfc said:
Kareem said:
Both good games
Both frustrating games in their own different ways. Best of both worlds would be perfect. We can only dream.

fedelta

Kareem said:

I didn't think pro evo had the A-league on it?
FIFA is better as it has all the leagues not just selected teams and a few leagues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred