• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EPL Transfer Rumours

Paolo

bored said:
bored said:
tottenham have just signed giovani dos santos from barcelona.
and along with luka modric from zagreb and the supposed replacement of zokora, that has improved their midfield 10 fold from last season
i like the look of him in the spurs shirt ;D
giovani_dos_santos240.jpg

Paolo

Bearinator said:
He looks like he is 7!!!

He will get cut to shreads in the epl
i was more thinking about 10-11

Also i think you meant "he will cut the epl to shreads", please be more careful with your posts in the future

Aden

juninho was nothing special IMO  whhen he was at middlesborough. good yes but .therree was so mny better in the league

Aden

keensy said:
Dos Santos >> Vela

We'll see about that  maybe he is maybe he isnt  but Arsenal >>>> Tottenham .
nnow all i wait for is ur reply on bandwagonin supporters .. blah blah south londoners who moved to the north blah blah

Paolo

Aden said:
juninho was nothing special IMO  whhen he was at middlesborough. good yes but .therree was so mny better in the league
we arn't looking for dos santos to be the best in the league, but look to him to strengthen our midfield...which he does.

p.s Luka Modric will definately shread, not debatable

pps  Tottenham silverware = 1
      rest of london = 0
therefore we can conclude  Tottenham >>> Arsenal

Paolo

Aden said:
hahahaha  i knew u would cme up with some rubbish 
dont forgot this either

Tottenham 5-1 Arsenal

*waits for your response of blah blah it was our reserves, we dont care blah blah*

Aden

nup . yas beat us well done good to see ur still celebrating the ONE win .
congrads.  oops did i just type ONE with my caps on  sorry

Sym

Out of that well crafted post the only error you point out is the caps lock which was intentional.

(sorry I'm just bored)

loyalist

Main news story out of the premierleague atm!!!

Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska could buy West Brom
West Brom look set to become the latest Premier League club to fall into foreign hands - with Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska a potential new owner.

Albion chairman and majority shareholder Jeremy Peace, 51, yesterday put the club up for sale at around 30m.

skilbeck

yeah i was having a discussion with a mate about this scenario: "you are a russian billionaire, you wish to buy out a struggling premier league, championship or lower club and turn them into an English powerhouse and ECL regular which club would you buy?" cant be a top 4 club though.

For me it is Aston Villa because Birmingham needs representation and would be a good market in the top 4, but it seems he went for another Birmingham club

loyalist

we are from the black country not birmingham thankyou

+ aston villa already have rich american owners

skilbeck

centralcoastyouth said:
we are from the black country not birmingham thankyou

+ aston villa already have rich american owners

they either dont have the money or are too sensible to go on the spending sprees of Chelsea, i imply you have to have the insane personality of Abramovich.

and West Bromwich is only 8 km away from Birmingham, really not that far (by Australian standards, which im used to)

loyalist

Albion are closing in on the signing of Derrys Paddy McCourt despite having a second bid for the midfielder turned down.

The League of Ireland side claim they have rejected an improved offer of 50,000 up front, plus another 50,000 based on appearances.

But the clubs are still talking and a deal is expected to be done in the next few days possibly before the weekend.

Big money deals being done at the Hawthorns

crooksey

Arsenal are set to sign 17yo Welsh wonderkid, Aaron Ramsey from Cardiff city for $5m
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3677338,00.html

got one up on manu there  ;D

There is also this rumour that Adebayor is set to leave for AC Milan for 30m+ can't see that happening...but then Arsenal are being linked to Roque Santa Cruz as a relacement and this rumour is really gaining momentum...personally i don't want him and he'd be better off to stay at Blackburn and get regular gametime

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2008/06/12/ufncruz112.xml

Arsenal want Yaya Toure + 5m for Hleb --- rumour

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=733211

Aston Villa turn own latest Liverpool bid for Gareth Barry...holding out for 18m

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=733354

and finally please make welcome Chelsea's new manager....Luiz Felipe Scolari

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12046_3678962,00.html

loyalist

Who is Oleg Deripaska?
Internet rumours are rife a Russian billionaire may take over Albion. But just who is Oleg Deripaska? Elizabeth Joyce reports.

With a $28 billion bank balance, hes the only man in Russia who can give Roman Abramovich a run for his money.

But will Oleg Deripaska be following in his fellow countrymans footsteps and snapping up a Premiership club on our own doorstep?

It is no secret the tycoon is keen to move into the footballing world and his potential takeover of newly-for-sale West Bromwich Albion is the talk of the internet chatrooms.

But who is the softly-spoken billionaire who could soon be at the helm at The Hawthorns?

Born in the city of Dzerzhinsk near Moscow, the 40-year-old built his empire with a series of ruthless and elaborate takeovers.

Today, he is in control of the worlds largest aluminium producer Rusal and his holdings give him almost total control of Russias metals sector.

Deripaskas dramatic ascent to the top of one of the worlds toughest industries resulted in him becoming Russias youngest-ever billionaire.

Now based in London, he once flew to the city every week by private jet just to improve his English. His 25 million home in the capital is in the exclusive Belgrave Square and was once the residence of the Dukes of Bedford.

Whether fact or fiction, the links with West Brom follow on from reports two years ago that he wanted to buy Arsenal for 350 million.

The rumours, which are spreading around the internet like wildfire, are sure to have Baggies fans rubbing their hands together with glee with dreams of a Chelsea-esque transformation.

Express & Star Albion blogger Jarrod Hill said: This rumour made me nearly fall of my chair. If true, the club could be moving in a new direction.

But lets take a look at the likelihood of it happening. If he has that kind of wealth, the fact is he could buy whichever club takes his fancy and being London-based he has quite a few clubs to choose from that would be closer to home.

However, under Jeremy Peace the club has been run on a sound financial footing and represents something that is rare in todays world of football a club with no debt.

We are also a Premiership club and again one of few clubs who do not have a financial benefactor bank rolling success; he may also recognise the potential and rich history of a club currently on an upward spiral.

He added: Although this rumour has got me all hot under the collar, I cannot see it happening.

We are not perceived as a glamour club by any stretch of the imagination, we are not based in London and there are many other clubs that would probably hold greater appeal to someone wanting to play fantasy football with an open cheque book.

Since we broke the news of Albion, worth an estimated 50million, being on the market, the Express & Stars website has been flooded with posts linking the businessman to the Baggies.

Andy posted: Deripaska has been exploring the possibility of buying Albion for some time. I know this as I work for the financial editor of the New York Times, who interviewed him and his advisors in London not too long ago.

Judging by the interest he and his people showed when discussing sporting and football ventures, I wouldnt be surprised is this turns out to be true.

According to the Forbes rich list, Deripaska, who is also sole owner of the Basic Element investment firm, is 2billion better off than his close friend Abramovich.

He said recently: There is a Russian saying that money does not like attention and I dont see why one should count other peoples money.

The only thing that has changed since the claim that I am Russias richest man is that my people now tell me that everything appears to have become more expensive for Basic Element.

Albion fans can also rest assured, if the takeover talks are true, Deripaska will put his all into the club. He confessed recently to working 16 hours every day, spending most of his time on planes as he jets from meeting to meeting across the world.

Founded 11 years ago, Basic Element now holds assets in timber, mining, manufacturing, financial services, construction and aviation, and owns or co-owns companies that employ some 300,000 people on five continents.

Less than two years ago, Deripaska bought Birmingham van manufacturer LDV but, rather worryingly for football fans, said he had no plans to expand further in Britain.

Before studying quantum physics at university, the businessman stayed with his grandparents living off the land, milking the familys cows and fetching water from the well.

When his grandparents died, the state seized their home as part of a programme of breaking up Cossack settlements.

When the Soviet Union and new opportunities opened up, Deripaskas rags-to-riches story began when he joined a metals exchange as a trader.

He said: Im always asked the question, how did I do it? The answer? A lot of hard work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred