• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

English Championship Thread

bulldogmariner

dru said:
bulldogmariner said:
Good Start by the Toon. Hopefully we can get 3 points against Wednesday on Wednesday and really look good for promotion early. Back to where we belong.
Winning won't get you to league one with leeds where the toon belong.

goingtoadisco said:
Goooooo sc*unthorpe  !
Fortunately they went down over night to boro 2-0, first time in 3.5 years we won back to back games away and first time in 15 years that we have started the season with three clean sheets. but I guess that is what happens when you get jones out from between the sticks :D
Just wait for the first derby match because we will show you who is boss on the North East. If Shoala keeps banging them in and we keep the majority of our squad surely you will be fighting for the playoffs as we have won automatic promotion.

dru

bulldogmariner said:
Just wait for the first derby match because we will show you who is boss on the North East.
Unfortunately that would be the mackems at the moment.

TBF I think playoffs is the most likely way for us to go up, would love to get an automatic place and hopefully the draw against Sheffield united was the wakeup we needed at this level. Hopefully a good start doesn't bite us like last year  :-\ but still a long way to go in the season

bulldogmariner

dru said:
bulldogmariner said:
Just wait for the first derby match because we will show you who is boss on the North East.
Unfortunately that would be the mackems at the moment.

TBF I think playoffs is the most likely way for us to go up, would love to get an automatic place and hopefully the draw against Sheffield united was the wakeup we needed at this level. Hopefully a good start doesn't bite us like last year  :-\ but still a long way to go in the season
Toon look better at the moment. A draw away to West Brom was a great start and the quality of our line up at the moment is so much better than the mackems. Still 43 games to go and who knows Ipswich could even turn around a bad start and go up.

dru

bulldogmariner said:
Toon look better at the moment. A draw away to West Brom was a great start and the quality of our line up at the moment is so much better than the mackems. Still 43 games to go and who knows Ipswich could even turn around a bad start and go up.
More referring to them being the only one in the Premier league. Has a new owner been found yet for your club?

bulldogmariner

NO new owner yet. We need this all settled as the current caretaker manager is rubbish. Hopefully it can be sorted out asap. So we can go into transfer window as well.

dru

Trip to Sheffield wednesday on tuesday before our second big home test of the season against WBA, don't think we can afford to slip up like we did on the first day with the draw against SU.

Should of really had a clean sheet on the weekend but oh well at least we won.

bulldogmariner

We have Blackpool away and Plymouth at Home. So these are six points hopefully. But we will miss Alan Smith. He was great against Cardiff.

bulldogmariner

5-0 Dru whats happening there?
Sheffield Utd defeated Wednesday in derby wasnt a bad match.
West Brom on top now just ahead of toon.

bulldogmariner

Roy Keane has got to be underpressure at Ipswich Town as they lost to Newcastle 4-0 at home. Maybe he should have taken the job at Sydney FC.

serious14

The Tykes at home to West Brom on Tuesday night..... I've been told to expect a 4 or 5 goal spanking.  Paying 20 quid for the privilege too. 

Yay??

dru

Leicester City on tuesday at home, hopefully we can regain a bit of pride at home against a side that hasn't won on the road yet this season. (so we are going to lose!) Followed by a trip to Reading which should be a better tie for us. (expect to lose that too)

Pessimism FTW

bulldogmariner said:
5-0 Dru whats happening there?
Was like being back in the premier league :p Seriously don't know for what was the top of the table clash it was embarrassing. From what I heard we lost confidence after the first couple which is very disappointing. Can safely say we don't have the mettle or the manager to get automatic promotion this season, playoffs is possible. Can't believe I'm saying this but bring back steve mclaren :/

serious14 said:
The Tykes at home to West Brom on Tuesday night..... I've been told to expect a 4 or 5 goal spanking.  Paying 20 quid for the privilege too. 

Yay??
I would tend to say 3-0 or 3-1, absolute floggings just are not that common and WBA had there's against the smoggies, still going to be a long night for the tykes but not the rout people are telling you.

serious14

Barnsley 3, WBA 1.  Best 19 quid I ever spent.

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

7331_164211157455_549797455_3637075_6903653_n.jpg

The walk to Oakwell

7331_164211182455_549797455_3637080_2522860_n.jpg

Barnsley's Home End

7331_164211192455_549797455_3637082_2964550_n.jpg

Halftime against WBA

7331_164211207455_549797455_3637084_186123_n.jpg

More of Oakwell

dibo

For what exactly? They're a point from the lead after they won this morning. Did he do a SVE with an intern?

serious14

Seems a bit bizarre to me....

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/10/21/1573900/official-middlesbrough-sack-gareth-southgate

Championship club Middlesbrough have announced that they have sacked manager Gareth Southgate with immediate effect.

The news broke shortly after Boro had defeated Derby County 2-0 at the Riverside Stadium to halt a run of three consecutive home defeats.

Despite being fourth on the table and chasing promotion, the 39-year-old Southgate had seemingly lost the confidence of the club and fans since the disastrous 5-0 home loss to promotion rivals West Bromwich Albion last month, which was followed by two 1-0 home defeats to Leicester City and Watford.

Chairman Steve Gibson said on Boro's official website: "This has been the most difficult decision I've had to make in all the time I've been in football.

"Gareth has given Middlesbrough Football Club magnificent service as a skipper and, in very difficult circumstances, as manager."

Boro also announced that football consultant Alan Smith will also be leaving the club as part of the change.

Gibson made no comment as to who would succeed Southgate as manager.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred