• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

English Championship Thread

serious14

marinermick said:
For the last game Reading host Birmingham and Barnsley host Sheffield United. It is still conceivable that Reading take the automatic spot.

Barnsley are away to Plymouth, whilst Sheffield United are away to Crystal Palace.  ;)

David Votoupal

Norwich's GD is superior to Barnsley's so they can still escape. Similarly, Sheffield United and Reading have better GDs than Birmingham.

David Votoupal

Prior to the abolition of the maximum wage, the old Lancashire clubs like Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Preston and Blackpool were all strong top-flight clubs, and the changes in football during the 60s led to the decline of those clubs and pretty much all of them except Blackburn hit rock bottom in the 80s.

It's only since 2000 that clubs like Preston and Burnley have recovered, and both clubs may well claim a Premiership place before long while we've witnessed the declines of clubs like Southampton and Norwich.

FFC Mariner

(From the BBC)

Starting at the top, Sunday is the final day of the Championship season and a three-way tussle for the Promised Land.

Birmingham, Sheffield United and Reading all harbour hopes of snatching the second automatic promotion spot.

It would already belong to Blues had they not surrendered a one-goal lead to Preston last weekend. Instead they now face a tricky trip to Reading, who are three points behind Alex McLeish's side but have a vastly superior goal difference.

I'll be there on Sunday, trying to capture the emotions of the victorious and the vanquished. The Royals must win to have any chance, while a draw might be enough for Blues.

The joker in the pack is Sheffield United.

The Blades are one point behind Birmingham and two above Reading. If Kevin Blackwell's team win and Birmingham don't it will be up, up and away for the Yorkshire club who are still hurting about the role Carlos Tevez played in their downfall the last time they were in the Premier League.

And who are they playing? Crystal Palace, wedged in the comforting if slightly underwhelming safety of mid-table and managed by lifelong Blades fan Neil Warnock, who was in charge at Bramall Lane during their fateful Premier League season two years ago.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan, to be frank, cannot stand the board at Birmingham, while Blades boss Kevin Blackwell used to be assistant to Warnock at Bramall Lane.

Warnock's claim this week that if Sheffield United play to their potential they will win has only added fuel to the fire of those who love a good conspiracy theory.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
(From the BBC)

Starting at the top, Sunday is the final day of the Championship season and a three-way tussle for the Promised Land.

Birmingham, Sheffield United and Reading all harbour hopes of snatching the second automatic promotion spot.

It would already belong to Blues had they not surrendered a one-goal lead to Preston last weekend. Instead they now face a tricky trip to Reading, who are three points behind Alex McLeish's side but have a vastly superior goal difference.

I'll be there on Sunday, trying to capture the emotions of the victorious and the vanquished. The Royals must win to have any chance, while a draw might be enough for Blues.

The joker in the pack is Sheffield United.

The Blades are one point behind Birmingham and two above Reading. If Kevin Blackwell's team win and Birmingham don't it will be up, up and away for the Yorkshire club who are still hurting about the role Carlos Tevez played in their downfall the last time they were in the Premier League.

And who are they playing? Crystal Palace, wedged in the comforting if slightly underwhelming safety of mid-table and managed by lifelong Blades fan Neil Warnock, who was in charge at Bramall Lane during their fateful Premier League season two years ago.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan, to be frank, cannot stand the board at Birmingham, while Blades boss Kevin Blackwell used to be assistant to Warnock at Bramall Lane.

Warnock's claim this week that if Sheffield United play to their potential they will win has only added fuel to the fire of those who love a good conspiracy theory.
Fox should f**k off the prima donnas for this weekend and show these games on viewers choice instead!

serious14

I'll tell you who isn't going down...... THE MIGHTY TYKES FROM BARNSLEY TOWN!!!  Although League 1 football would have meant cheaper tickets once I got there.  Damnit.  :p

Wall-o-vision provided the usual excitement watching the Reading/Birmingham game (Kitson - roflz, how shit can one player be in a single game), even if the stream was a bit unreliable.  Having said that, when it did settle was almost HD in nature - and a straight rip from Sky Sports......  :tv:

-1 for Sheffield United not scoring and making things _very_ interesting, as opposed to just plain old interesting.

bulldogmariner

Jazzie said:
Howay The Toongerines! Fans Blast New Strip

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Newcastle-United-Fans-Blast-Club-Over-New-Away-Strip-Blasted-As-One-Of-The-Worst-Ever/Article/200906415314779?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15314779_Newcastle_United_Fans_Blast_Club_Over_New_Away_Strip_Blasted_As_One_Of_The_Worst_Ever

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
This should be in the Championship thread. As a NUFC supporter i am disgusted in the new strip and just shows how bad the team is going.

bulldogmariner

Jazzie said:
bulldogmariner, sorry about that. Have removed from EPL
Thats ok Jazzie i am just a disappointed Newcastle United fan who cannot believe the crap we have had to go through in the last 2 years. I went to UK in our summer for the winter to watch my beloved Newcastle United play and i did not see them win a game in 6 outings. Between them and the Mariners they have won a total of 2 competition games this season out of nearly 30. So for all those people out there who dont know hurt when it comes to supporting average teams see me.

Arabmariner

bulldogmariner said:
Jazzie said:
Thats ok Jazzie i am just a disappointed Newcastle United fan who cannot believe the crap we have had to go through in the last 2 years. I went to UK in our summer for the winter to watch my beloved Newcastle United play and i did not see them win a game in 6 outings. Between them and the Mariners they have won a total of 2 competition games this season out of nearly 30. So for all those people out there who dont know hurt when it comes to supporting average teams see me.
CCM,DUFC and Scotland..........I can relate!

Football and pain........it's kind of the same thing! ;)

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
bulldogmariner said:
Jazzie said:

Must have had a brain freeze when i saw the strip .... and I do sympathize. New season ahead so things may change for the better for NU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred