• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cityrail - Football specials?

Chimmi

The complaints form has worked when i have used it - just depends how you word things. I managed to get them to listen to me about some idiots at the back of my train. Besides doing nothing wont help either

Timmah

http://cityrail.info/general/cityrail_feedback.jsp

I've said my piece... I had it copied but can't remember  it :(

Timmah

The full spiel, finally posted on www.cityrail.info this morning.

http://cityrail.info/event/080224-soccer.jsp

Hyundai A League Soccer Grand Final

Sunday 24 February 2008
  Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets
Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park

Gates open: 3.00pm
Kick off: 5.00pm

Customers travelling to this Sundays Hyundai A League Grand Final between Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets at Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park are advised to leave the car at home and catch public transport to the game.

Large crowds are expected at Moore Park with the One Day International cricket match between Australia and India taking place at the SCG on the same day.

Important ticketing information
Save time and money and buy a 'Moore Park ticket' which includes return train travel to Central Station and bus travel to and from Moore Park on connecting Moore Park Special Event Shuttle Buses.

Customers who do not buy a Moore Park ticket will need to buy a Special Event Bus ticket to catch one of the Moore Park Special Event Buses as regular tickets cannot be used (SydneyPass and Explorer ticket excepted).

The Moore Park ticket is available for purchase from CityRail stations and Special Event Bus tickets can be purchased before boarding the bus.

Getting to the game
CityRail is operating extra services to assist you in getting to and from the game.

Extra services are operating on the Newcastle & Central Coast Line, departing Newcastle Station at 12.00pm, 12.45pm and 1.05pm stopping all stations to Broadmeadow, then Fassifern, Dora Creek, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby, Epping, Strathfield and Central.

Standby services will also be available to operate if required with two additional trains on standby at Gosford and one additional train at Newcastle.

Sydney Buses is operating express services from Chalmers Street, Central Station (Route 1) between 12.00pm and 5.00pm and Circular Quay (Route 3) from 12.30pm to 4.45pm to Moore Park.

Parking
Customers are strongly advised to catch public transport to the game as parking is going to be very limited. Customers from the Central Coast and Newcastle who are planning on driving are encouraged to make use of car parking facilities at Hornsby, Gordon, Waitara or Thornleigh stations on the North Shore and Northern lines, and catch a train from one of these stations.

Going home
Return services are operating from the Moore Park Bus Station (Stand A), Route 1 to Central Station and Route 3 to Circular Quay from approximately 6.30pm to 11.00pm.

The 8.45pm Central to Gosford service is being extended, stopping all stations from Gosford to Newcastle.

Standby CityRail services will be available to operate if required after the conclusion of the game to take fans back to the Central Coast and Newcastle.

Visit the timetable section for timetable information.

Important trackwork information
Upgrading work takes place on CityRail lines on a regular basis and it is sometimes necessary to alter train services or replace train services with buses. Buses are replacing trains on the following lines:

Bankstown Line: between Liverpool and Bankstown.
Inner West Line: between Liverpool and Lidcombe via Regents Park.
South Line: between Glenfield and Granville.

Visit the trackwork section for further information.

Jesus

Jesus
Well, if they have a reasonable police presence on the trains, might not be an issue.

Though the cops always seem to make trouble for themselves anyway

Timmah

I'm not worried about the security side to be honest, I'm worried about them skipping critical stations.

adz

Staff member
Jesus said:
Though the cops always seem to make trouble for themselves anyway

Just like tow truck drivers that cause "accidents". They need to keep busy.

Jesus

Jesus
I got a reply from my FFA directed email i sent the other day, thought i would post their responce.

Dear Ciaron

Thank you for your e-mail and letting us know of your concerns. 

We have raised these issues with NSW Transport who are responsible for public transport arrangements on the day, and we are also planning for appropriate security presence on the day.

I hope you enjoy the day - and the Mariners have a win for you.

Thanks again

Regards

Bonita Mersiades
Head of Corporate Affairs

----------------------------------------------------------------

So apparently the FFA is wanting a mariners win :p

Jesus

Jesus
bakery5 said:
awsome, iam going to put some money on the game

Put your house! But wait to see the ref first. Breeze may assume it is any other game and forget Franks new instructions :p

kevrenor

serious14 said:
So public transport _isn't_ included in the ticket price??

The thought that it might be for a Grand Final played 70km away from the home side and 150km from the away side might need to have a package with transport included requires you (and the FFA) to use ''logic''!

Stop that at once ....  even if you don't go blind, it is banned!

serious14

kevrenor said:
serious14 said:
So public transport _isn't_ included in the ticket price??

The thought that it might be for a Grand Final played 70km away from the home side and 150km from the away side might need to have a package with transport included requires you (and the FFA) to use ''logic''!

Stop that at once ....  even if you don't go blind, it is banned!

Sorry mods, I won't use my brain again.

Yes FFA, I will do what you say.  The SFS is a wonderful idea, I will gladly pay $50, Matthew Breeze is my god.......

Timmah

Just spoke with the old man, a few people have gotten up the station master to take it to Railcorp... chances are those "standby" trains may end up definites.

furns

Guys as part of a conversation I had with FFA this morning on the squadrons behalf, I raised the issue as urgent and was told apparently the FFA are having some sort of meeting with Transport officials in the next 24 hours and more info will be released closer to the day about Gosford and Newcastle express services.
Being Cityrail tho, I am not holding my breath.

As far as match tickets including transport, that only happens if the game is at Homebush.

cheers

Timmah

The info is much appreciated furns, thank you once again for keeping contact.

Re: match tickets incl. transport - that's not only a Homebush thing - it's a "special event status" application that should ALWAYS be filed by the governing body for any event or Grand Final that will hold 40k+ people. The FFA have dropped the ball on this one regarding inclusion of PT in the match ticket and they will damn well know it.

One last note (and it's not a shot at the Jets, it's a shot at the FFA/Railcorp), what's the point of these extra trains all starting at Newcastle? They'll be full to the brim by the time they reach Wyong and CCM fans will be left standing, all the Jets fans sitting. How is that going to do any good? And how is it fair?

Blackadder, I'm in touch with Cityrail and those standby trains are for the trip down, dependent on demand (but may be implemented as early as tomorrow). In the article in post #1, they are listed right beneath the midday/1pm paragraph, they are for the daytime.

Bex

Yeh nice work Furns. Appreciate the effort from everyone on this. Lets hope the government machine can finally grind into action before next Christmas.

I don't know about others, but I won't be going by train unless cityrail confirm a timetable of non-Newcastle origin trains running from Central Coast to Central and non-Newcastle bound trains back home from the game. If it were just me, a Newcastle bound train wouldn't bother me. However, I'm not going to expose my wife and kids to any sort of risk or put them through any discomfort; after all, we're going to the match for fun.

Bex

No, I won't. I've pretty much resigned to the fact I'll be driving.

I think I'll head towards a bus stop within say 5kms of the stadium but not sure which bus stop is going to be easiest for parking the car and for minimising crowds and idiots. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred