• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cityrail - Football specials?

dibo

Anyone know if the trained chimps at Cityrail have sorted trains for Sunday to help the two groups of fans travel separately?

It'd be much more pleasant for everyone - Mariners specials where you know it's going to be chocked to the rafters with the Yellow Army, Jets specials where we can quarantine the filth from their betters.

Stagger their arrival times at Central so that the groups can find their own drinking holes* on the way to the match without intersecting, and then we can take separate routes to the ground.

On the way out, sort the reverse - staggered departure times etc.

Sean

I highly doubt any organisation will be in place for travel to and from the game.
I predict there to be no police/security along the streets to the game.

Alicia

Perm said:
I highly doubt any organisation will be in place for travel to and from the game.
I predict there to be no police/security along the streets to the game.

Perm's right.  I don't think they will put any thought into "separate" public transport.

I urge everyone to keep their testosterone in check and try and not start crap with the squadrunts.  I for one don't want my finals day experience ruined by fist fights at the KB etc.

nero

BECAUSE OF MY FAITH IN THE VERY RELIABLE CITY RAIL :), I WILL BE TRAVELLING EARLY TO THE GAME(HOPEFULLY AROUND 10AM) AND CATCHING THE WYONG TRAIN HOME.

HOPEFULLY THE SCUM TRAIN TO SCUMVILLE WILL BE ON AONTHER SCUMMIER PLATFORM, WITH LOTS OF PISSED OFF IDIOTS!

FFC Mariner

Gos - Hornsby
Change to NS line to Central

Centrelink Express will be taxpayer funded along the mainline to Central.

Alt: Drive to Gordon, take train from there.

Kimba

Shityrail can't even get it right on a normal day. There will be no planning for this. Me and my mates are getting a bus down to avoid the inevitable carnage on the trains. I would suggest to try and find alternative transport. Anyone who has to catch a train, I urge you to use common sense and NO VIOLENCE!

midfielder

Without trying to be the behaviour police. As has been alluded to in a number of posts across a number of threads the .........train ...........thing...........especially the home leg.

Needless to say there will be some on both sides looking for some kind of trouble. I hope  the trains are spilt like all stations from Hornsby to Wyong, and first stop Wyong after Hornsby or at least have security guards on all carriages. But that would be expecting a bit from the SRA who maybe do not quite understand what is going on with the fans.
I fear the trains will be as normal.

I can only say to all those on the trains please do not react, respect your team colours by not getting into any violence or go looking for trouble. There are many reasons not the least if you are on the receiving end it is not funny,  especially if little ones are around . Also it takes a bigger man to not get involved than it does to react.

My idea if we win lets do it with grace & dignity, which means having respect for your opponent, similar if as unlikely as it is the Scum win then again rise above doing the childish thing and accept that on the day they won. 

Finally on this matter  the league media will be looking to report any violence,  it could put us back years. On the other hand if there is minimal violence on the trains then this will send a strong message that A-league football crowds  are in control.

It ours I can feel it in my bones.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

skilbeck

Me and my mates will probably drive down. Id rather use a few dollars more in petrol than get involved in the carnage that will happen on trains.

brett

::) ::) ::)

Those with the sense to read a forum post and decide not to get into any trouble are hardly going to be the ones getting into trouble in the first place.

I expect most trouble if any will come from 1st-timers and part timers, and if you allow me to generalise, the NRL bogans from both areas who will be more interested on the day in getting tanked and looking big in front of their mates than in supporting their team. 99% of people on this supporters forum 'get it' and understand that we have a role to play in the image of the sport and will pull their heads in when necessary.

So instead of these doomsday messages that add fuel to the potential fire, why not just leave it off?

skilbeck

The problem is Brett, that me and my mates are all 22 year old males so as you are probably aware being a similar age and all, we would be prime targets for some scummers to try and start something with and while I would never throw the first punch, I would fire up if I were assaulted first especially with a bit of alcohol in me so its best to eliminate all potential sources of trouble from the equation. I dont think im being too alarmist but I would be very surprised if we get there and back again on the trains without a higher than usual level of trouble even at derby matches.

Pokes

http://www.131500.com.au/outandabout/events/

Need transport info to the Backstreet Boys concert anyone??

We are pretty lucky, trackwork finishes on the 23rd (http://www.cityrail.info/trackwork/trackwork.jsp?action=detail&TW_EVENT_ID=5503) so trains shouldn't be a problem...well, any more of a problem than usual.

Spose we should keep an eye on the city rail site in case they upload any more information in the next few days. I heard rumours of extra trains?

dibo

skilbeck said:
The problem is Brett, that me and my mates are all 22 year old males so as you are probably aware being a similar age and all, we would be prime targets for some scummers to try and start something with and while I would never throw the first punch, I would fire up if I were assaulted first especially with a bit of alcohol in me so its best to eliminate all potential sources of trouble from the equation. I dont think im being too alarmist but I would be very surprised if we get there and back again on the trains without a higher than usual level of trouble even at derby matches.

with cricket at the SCG that day, i reckon you'll have a much better time on the train, otherwise you'll probably be parking in kensington. i'd just like to see some specials laid on so everyone gets to the game comfortably with their fellow fans.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Worth mentioning here that besides the Cricket being on next door there is the 'big Ships' thing in Sydney (which last time attracted incredible numbers into Sydney!) so I would suggest road transport would be close to gridlock in Sydney?

As 'Nero' suggests, maybe an early train, make a day of it, go and have some lunch and a leisurely stroll to the sfs?

Sacko

Has anybody with contacts within the club thought about asking them (and the Jets) to put presure on City Rail to provide some sort of train plan as if everyone goes for the train we could end up with 40k people on the same trains noe that will be messy! 

yellowcake

Surely it wouldn't take Cityrail too much to organise. Despite for all the calls for calm (including here) it's just not worth the risk. It is a long trip to stay unprovoked.

Unfortunately, even if they do do the obvious sensible thing, that we still be portrayed in the media as necessary to avert the expected violence (= old sokka).

Still, better to prevent it than give them a chance to report it.

And I will be training it (given the likely traffic situation). I'd be a lot more comfortable to be with the kids on a designated Mariners fans train.

B

bakery5

I am planning on getting the 11:50am train from Gosford and having a subway, followed by a slow walk to the ground via many pubs

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

dibo said:
Anyone know if the trained chimps at Cityrail

They're trained now?

If there are going to be problems on the train, they'd be more likely to occur on the return leg with the influence of alcohol, and emotions run amok.  And considering people will be returning home at any time from immediately after the game to late that night, there isn't really much they can do then.

About the best I would hope for would be to try and encourage mariners fans to get on the back half of the train and jets fans the front, or vice versa - both for the trains there and the first couple of trains immediately after. 

yellowcake

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
If there are going to be problems on the train, they'd be more likely to occur on the return leg with the influence of alcohol, and emotions run amok.  And considering people will be returning home at any time from immediately after the game to late that night, there isn't really much they can do then.

I agree that's where the greatest risk is. There's plenty they can do - provide a choice including Newcastle 'special' trains that don't stop on the Coast and Mariner specials that don't go further north.

You can't police it all out, we'll all be in (and leaving) the same stadium and minor scuffles (like I saw after the V1 GF). but it still can't be real smart to lock potential combatants in cage for 90 mins.

FFC Mariner

I wouldnt over estimate the number of scum that will travel. They have only just got used to travelling to the CC and Sydney is much further away than that.

I reckon the crowd will be a bit over 30k

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred