• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cityrail - Football specials?

marinersman

Bex said:
No, I won't. I've pretty much resigned to the fact I'll be driving.

I think I'll head towards a bus stop within say 5kms of the stadium but not sure which bus stop is going to be easiest for parking the car and for minimising crowds and idiots. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Bex, I'm doing a similar thing. I've got a 9yo that I'm not willing to run the risk of exposing him to bad behaviour on the trains.

I'm driving to Gordon station and then training it from there to Central.

Blackadder

Looking through the notices for special trains (perks of the job), those three mentioned above are definites on the trips to the city
no additionals (yet).
Those additional 3 that come down, will be on stand by from 2030-0330 for the return trip.
This is the latest published info direct from the horses mouth so to speak.

Timmah

What I've heard is how the media release read - there are three waiting at Newcastle/Gosford in the afternoon to meet additional demand. That was confirmed to me by my dad, who works at Gosford.

Blackadder

What I have is 3 starting empty from Gosford going to Newc then the city (as mentioned elsewhere), nothing has been published yet regarding extra services to the city apart from those 3, but will be in the next day or so if they are to run (takes time to organise extra driver/guards not to mention slotting them in between scheduled trains).

Timmah

First sentence makes no sense I'm afraid... starting at Gosford, going to Newcastle, then back to Sydney? *goes cross-eyed*

My sources tell me we're looking at the potential of extra WYG/GOS to SYD services being announced in the coming days. If only that could be confirmed lol

Blackadder

Timmah said:
First sentence makes no sense I'm afraid... starting at Gosford, going to Newcastle, then back to Sydney? *goes cross-eyed*

My sources tell me we're looking at the potential of extra WYG/GOS to SYD services being announced in the coming days. If only that could be confirmed lol

Unfortunatly these are the trains that Operate the Central Coast-City/City-Central Coast services in the morning/afternoon peak periods on weekdays. And when not used are stabled at Gosford (hence why they are going empty Gosford-Newc first, If that makes sense)
Fingers crossed for some extra services to/from Wyong.

cruiser

Despite advice not to cars into Sydney on Sunday I'll be driving mine to avoid having my day possibly being spoilt by idiots (whether they be Jets or Mariners supporters) on the train.

Meanwhile, everyone appears to be aware of the potential for transport chaos on Sunday: http://news.smh.com.au/sydney-faces-perfect-storm-of-events/20080219-1sw6.html

marinersman

cruiser said:
Despite advice not to cars into Sydney on Sunday I'll be driving mine to avoid having my day possibly being spoilt by idiots (whether they be Jets or Mariners supporters) on the train.

Meanwhile, everyone appears to be aware of the potential for transport chaos on Sunday: http://news.smh.com.au/sydney-faces-perfect-storm-of-events/20080219-1sw6.html

Scipione is naive and a fool if they don't plan for the worst case re crowd behavior. I'm not suggesting there will be trouble but they should be planning like it is a possibility.

The reality is there will be incidents (however minor), especially on the way home when emotions will not be kept in check. There should be segregation as much as it is practicable.

The FFA have a major role to play in this. I'm praying that all behave on our sport's biggest day of the year. Not very confident though.

Thanks to a small minority of scum supporters, the F3 derby is turning into a nasty, bitter rivalry that will one day boil over into a major incident if police and security, through the FFA allow it to happen.

langdonis

good posts on this subject everyone...i think all marinators going to the game should read this topic so that they are well planned for sunday and can enjoy the day...i am going by train and plan on getting down about midday to avoid any potential traffic issues...i have a solution to peoples concerns with returning home...lets kick on in sydney at a pub somewhere and make a big night of it...i know the aftermatch function is at mingara but it is going to be a long haul back to tumbi umbi...go the mariners...ccm till i die...

Rowdy

posted this in another thread "Yellow Train"

If you want a  :vhappy: train trip then catch the  :vhappy: SCUMMER FREE TRAINS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originates - Tuggerah
Departs- Wyong - 09.51
              - Gosford - 10.10
              - Woy Woy - 10.23
Arriving  - Central - 11.39  SCUMMER FREE TRAIN  :vhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originates - Scumville
Departs - Wyong-10.32
          - Gosford - 10.48
          - Woy Woy - 10.58
Arriving - Central - 12.09  Scum filled train
Originates - Tuggerah
Departs - Wyong-10.51
              - Gosford - 11.10
              - Woy Woy - 11.23
  Arriving  - Central - 12.39  SCUMMER FREE TRAIN  :vhappy:

Originates - Scumville

Departs - Wyong - 11.32
            - Gosford - 11.48
            - Woy Woy - 11.58
Arriving  - Central - 1.09  Scum filled train
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originates - Tuggerah
Departs - Wyong - 11.51
              - Gosford - 12.10
              - Woy Woy - 12.23
    Arriving - Central - 1.39 SCUMMER FREE TRAIN  :vhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rhys100

wat bout the train that leaves at 1.13 at gosford.. isnt that scum free as well? at u can arrive as the gates open? wat does everyone think bout that?

rhys100

oh i see :) What train are all the marinators catching then? Your all going to the k.b. i suppose :S not so good if i have a 17 year old with me tho... will they let her in if shes a marinator? :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred