• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Cityrail - Football specials?

furns

Guys we agree that running combined services will lead to chaos, especially with the part-timer pissheads that exist in both camps.
The Squadron are running buses from Newy at 10am and 12pm so hopefully most people will take advantage of that (we have 6 full buses booked already). However some people will want to go at different times, so the chances of sides contacting with each other obviously high.
But so long as its kept civil and the banter light and not stupid it will be fine.
I and some fellow Jets fans travelled back with some of your number (as we are sydney residents) after our 3-0 two sundays ago, and as everything was kept below the ridiculous level, no trouble occurred.
But i know the true football fans among us know this already, and its not them we are all worried about.
Auburn Mariner if you want Timmyv or myself to help you out with giving Shitrail the kick up the proverbial let us know.

Omni

Thanks for the message Furns, here's hoping we can all keep everyone in check hey.

Blackadder

Omni said:
Didn't they slow down the whole time table to cater for these things, under 5 minutes is fine but TWENTY come on that's a joke.

And surely, their equipment, their fault.

Ontop of that, not once did they apologise, and not once did they explain why they were running so late.

5mins doesn't allow for sick/injured pax, last time personally spent dealing with a injury requiring ambulance attendance was 30mins.
Equipment breaks for a variety of reason some can be forseen, some can't be (esp regarding computer controlled signals etc)
As for the no apologies they deserve the kick up the smeg for that.
With work have access to any info regarding additional trains etc that may be put into the system, but just to echo what has been said (yes I know I am preaching to the converted), keep calm and don't respond to the baiting in a violent fashion and if you see others that way tell them to pull their heads in, or if they don't get the guard to call police/security.

trev

yeah we are (meaning me and mates) are going to train it there and get some1 to pick us up at the SFS via car so if possible i reckon that would be a good bet

cruiser

furns said:
Guys we agree that running combined services will lead to chaos, especially with the part-timer pissheads that exist in both camps.
The Squadron are running buses from Newy at 10am and 12pm so hopefully most people will take advantage of that (we have 6 full buses booked already). However some people will want to go at different times, so the chances of sides contacting with each other obviously high.
But so long as its kept civil and the banter light and not stupid it will be fine.
I and some fellow Jets fans travelled back with some of your number (as we are sydney residents) after our 3-0 two sundays ago, and as everything was kept below the ridiculous level, no trouble occurred.
But i know the true football fans among us know this already, and its not them we are all worried about.
Auburn Mariner if you want Timmyv or myself to help you out with giving Shitrail the kick up the proverbial let us know.
I think that this is a good opportunity for key people involved in the Marinators and the Squadron to work together to ensure that there is no trouble before, at, or after the game. I think that the rivalry that exists between our two clubs is being exagerated by a minority in both camps into some sort of bitter hatred that I cant believe really exists after just three seasons. That people are worried about catching trains down is really quite sad and together with the Squadron we should be actively striving to do something about this. Is it time for an agreed code of conduct between the Marinators and the Squadron?

furns

Its a fifteen minute walk or a five minute bus ride, and there are buses going past SFS every 10 mins mate - waste of time going by car - will be crap for parking with the cricket on as well.

B

bakery5

dru said:
skilbeck said:
is there a contact in the squadron that can work with Auburn on stopping problems or is it the mindless rabble that I very much predicted?

Timmyv is the equivalent person but I think your assessment will be about right.
was he the f**kwit at the mariners vs wellington game with his jets scarf on tv?

kevrenor

cruiser said:
That people are worried about catching trains down is really quite sad and together with the Squadron we should be actively striving to do something about this. Is it time for an agreed code of conduct between the Marinators and the Squadron?
It's not the Squadron or Marinators who we have to worry about .. lot's of bandwagoners out for the night!

MrCelery

Greenpoleffc said:
I wouldnt over estimate the number of scum that will travel. They have only just got used to travelling to the CC and Sydney is much further away than that.

I reckon the crowd will be a bit over 30k

I tend to agree, the Scum could only muster a paltry 16k (less without the Orange Army, and the just plain curious, like me and other Marinators) to the big match last night.

For a city the size of Scumcastle, not having the full quota prepared to walk a few blocks to the ground is a disgrace.

Jesus

Jesus
kevrenor said:
cruiser said:
That people are worried about catching trains down is really quite sad and together with the Squadron we should be actively striving to do something about this. Is it time for an agreed code of conduct between the Marinators and the Squadron?
It's not the Squadron or Marinators who we have to worry about .. lot's of bandwagoners out for the night!

I agree entirely. These are the people who will cause trouble. These are the people who will walk from the mariners section to newy section causing sh*t or the other way round on the train.

These are the cowards who will stay in an alley, or the park, after the game, looking for a couple of opposing supporters on their own to beat up if they lost.

These are the numbnuts who will cause the problem. But they are the same numbnuts who will over-reported in the media. As well as the same numbnuts who will be falsely linked to us or the squadron by the media/ffa.

That is why we have to pressure them into preventative measures, and take our own.

So if the FFA do sweet f all, then we can say, we knew it would happen, we warned you, and we did all we could to stop it having a chance to happen.

Then they cant palm it off to us, and they have to take the responsibility.

furns

MrCelery said:
Greenpoleffc said:
I wouldnt over estimate the number of scum that will travel. They have only just got used to travelling to the CC and Sydney is much further away than that.

I reckon the crowd will be a bit over 30k

I tend to agree, the Scum could only muster a paltry 16k (less without the Orange Army, and the just plain curious, like me and other Marinators) to the big match last night.

For a city the size of Scumcastle, not having the full quota prepared to walk a few blocks to the ground is a disgrace.
Can we not get into a pissing contest about crowd sizes? Yes we agree that 16k for our prelim wasnt as good as we had hoped for but the atmosphere was miles bigger than the "full house" against you two weeks prior.
And considering you were top of the ladder for ages, and only started pulling decent crowds once the christmas holidays began, I dont think you can throw stones in our direction.
Its a Grand Final, people will travel, it will be a sellout, or close to it.

Timmah

Extra services are departing Newcastle Station at 12pm, 12.45pm and 1.05pm stopping all stations to Broadmeadow, then Fassifern, Dora Creek, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby, Epping, Strathfield and Central.

What. The. Hell.

Jets fans should be FIRED UP there's no stops around Cardiff... and we should be disgusted the trains won't be stopping at Morisset/Wyee/W'vale, anywhere between Tugg & Gos, and Gos & WW.

Disgraceful. Who wants to help me get up Cityrail? My father works at Gosford and my boss is the CEO of Central Coast Tourism...

dibo

Timmah said:
Extra services are departing Newcastle Station at 12pm, 12.45pm and 1.05pm stopping all stations to Broadmeadow, then Fassifern, Dora Creek, Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy, Hornsby, Epping, Strathfield and Central.

What. The. Hell.

Jets fans should be FIRED UP there's no stops around Cardiff... and we should be disgusted the trains won't be stopping at Morisset/Wyee/W'vale, anywhere between Tugg & Gos, and Gos & WW.

Disgraceful. Who wants to help me get up Cityrail? My father works at Gosford and my boss is the CEO of Central Coast Tourism...

this fits in with this thread - let's not have the same conversation in multiple places at once.

Timmah

So would I but he's said his piece and they won't listen. Does anyone see that stopping pattern as a disgrace like I do?

Chimmi

I dont think cityrail is that interested - they have made noises that its up to the police to organise (?).

The problem is being stuck on a probably crowded train with opposition supporters for at least a 90min train trip (more for newy fans) with not much to do but wait...going up to the game should be noisy but okay since we will mostly just trade insults. Going home would be less frustrating if they had a Gosford express on one platform and a Newcastle express (not stopping at any CC station) a few platforms away.

Might be time to use the complaints form on the cityrail website.

kevrenor

Timmah said:
So would I but he's said his piece and they won't listen. Does anyone see that stopping pattern as a disgrace like I do?

I do agree ... and believe me, people have been and are telling City Rail and FFA  ... but FFA should have been consulting widely before they made the Sydney decision ... but of course they both know better! 

Note that City Rail also need to slot the trains in among other movements (eg. freight)

skilbeck

Chimmi said:
I dont think cityrail is that interested - they have made noises that its up to the police to organise (?).

The problem is being stuck on a probably crowded train with opposition supporters for at least a 90min train trip (more for newy fans) with not much to do but wait...going up to the game should be noisy but okay since we will mostly just trade insults. Going home would be less frustrating if they had a Gosford express on one platform and a Newcastle express (not stopping at any CC station) a few platforms away.

Might be time to use the complaints form on the cityrail website.

I dont think they take the complaints form seriously. I think its more like the suggestion box that never gets checked

Timmah

I remain utterly stunned and disgusted that they chose SFS over ANZ.

The ONLY reason was emotion/atmosphere, all logic and transport thoughts went out the window. "This is a chance to show our transport system can stand up to it"... no Mr Buckley, it's a chance to royally screw fans who have travel one (us) and two (them) hours to watch the big one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred