• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2009/10 HAL Season

Razorback

mariners4ever said:
Razorback said:
I'm not sure of their contract status but here are a few others...

Rivaldo, Figo, Pires, Roberto Carlos, Seedorf, Recoba, Salgado, Shevchenko, Guti, Nedved, Oliver Neuville, Veron and Christian Vieri.

hmm let me see, most of these are retired, some are constantly injured and some are still playing top flight football

Which are retired? It great speaking in generalities to hide fact that you know f**k all... anyone can do it, thats was is great about it!

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Razorback said:
mariners4ever said:
Razorback said:

Rivaldo, Figo, Pires, Roberto Carlos, Seedorf, Recoba, Salgado, Shevchenko, Guti, Nedved, Oliver Neuville, Veron and Christian Vieri.

hmm let me see, most of these are retired, some are constantly injured and some are still playing top flight football

Which are retired? It great speaking in generalities to hide fact that you know f**k all... anyone can do it, thats was is great about it!

Gosh, please calm down chief.
We can't offer the same money as one of the big clubs of Italy, Juventus, to get the services of Pavel Nedved. You've listed players you like? Do the research yourself. Think about the large sums we would have to spend and consider whether it would be a wise investment in one player.

I think Culina is a great marquee singing and the league is very lucky to have him. He should be playing Uefa Champions League football but his wife is homesick.
He is close to the best player everytime he plays for the National Team. Over the past 2 years he has been the best socceroo.

mariners4ever

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
Razorback said:
mariners4ever said:
Razorback said:

Gosh, please calm down chief.
We can't offer the same money as one of the big clubs of Italy, Juventus, to get the services of Pavel Nedved. You've listed players you like? Do the research yourself. Think about the large sums we would have to spend and consider whether it would be a wise investment in one player.

I think Culina is a great marquee singing and the league is very lucky to have him. He should be playing Uefa Champions League football but his wife is homesick.
He is close to the best player everytime he plays for the National Team. Over the past 2 years he has been the best socceroo.

Thank you !!!

culina actually stated in the 442 article that his wife wanted to stay in holland: "My wife loves life in the Netherlands and she feels at home here.

"She wanted me to stay with PSV, but I decided to follow my heart. I spent ten years in Holland and Im looking forward to the new challenge.

i'm only saying that mile sterjovski would be a great marquee, not because he is a legend or a world class player, but because he would encourage other internationals to come home, and because we would probably be able to afford him

Razorback

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
Razorback said:
mariners4ever said:
Razorback said:

Ask SFC if their investment in Dwight Yorke was a wise investment? Me thinks YES.

I don't need to the research because what you have written is common knowledge and I agree with you! I have only listed players which are coming towards the end of their careers... So in turn these clubs would want more return for their investment and more inclined to pass on a veteran player and sign players which would lead their club towards the future, its common sense! These players have already seen their best years but would be an invaluable addition to any roster in the A league.

When players like Juninho and Dwight Yorke have made the trip to our shores why can't you accept or hope that players of the same calibre and at a similar time in their career will do the same?

Elrich was signed as marquee at the Nix and he came from Fulham an EPL club and that didn't work out. I just feel that we would be massively selling ourselves short by signing Sterj a benchwarmer at Derby as our marquee. Bosnich and what he has done makes more sense than signing Sterjovski to fit the mould of a marquee 

BAD BULLZ

OG MONSTER is exsactly the type of player our team needs and his recent asian experiance would help us soooo much.
I think we need to get some basic deapth all over the park as adelaide had this year if we have success in asia we will  really struggle with fatigue and injurys when the 09/10 season starts

I think we should try looking at kwazzy he'd be cheep and he may not be an instant starter but could be good back up when the injurys start coming in ???

offtheball

BAD BULLZ said:
OG MONSTER is exsactly the type of player our team needs and his recent asian experiance would help us soooo much.
I think we need to get some basic deapth all over the park as adelaide had this year if we have success in asia we will  really struggle with fatigue and injurys when the 09/10 season starts

I think we should try looking at kwazzy he'd be cheep and he may not be an instant starter but could be good back up when the injurys start coming in ???

You have to be joking he can't even get a start at Phoenix

BAD BULLZ

Not joking at all just cause he hasn't worked out at the nix doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to contribute here again Fark people are  talking about resigning aloisi I'd much prefer kwazzy The contribution he could potentially make for a likely cheap price tag imo is much better value.

marinermick

BAD BULLZ said:
Not joking at all just cause he hasn't worked out at the nix doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to contribute here again Fark people are  talking about resigning Aloi$i I'd much prefer kwazzy The contribution he could potentially make for a likely cheap price tag imo is much better value.

+1

northernspirit

marinermick said:
BAD BULLZ said:
Not joking at all just cause he hasn't worked out at the nix doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to contribute here again Fark people are  talking about resigning Aloi$i I'd much prefer kwazzy The contribution he could potentially make for a likely cheap price tag imo is much better value.

+1
+2

FFC Mariner

northernspirit said:
marinermick said:
BAD BULLZ said:

+1
+2
+3

Jorome Alexander Bennett

FFC Mariner said:
northernspirit said:
marinermick said:
BAD BULLZ said:

+1
+2
+3
Aloisi is the best socceroo ever(have you even watched his two highlights?) and we should build a club around him.

I think we should sign Jedinak. He plays in Turkey's top flight, has some socceroo caps and looked good on youtube. He will solve the problems we had yesterday.
I agree that Mile Sterjovski is not Marquee material. But that doesn't mean we jump nine levels to Nedved. There are reasonable aqcuisitions that lie between extremes that we, as fans, should think about. No use getting hopeful that Juventus greats still under contract doing well in the first team will take a staggering pay cut to sign for us.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Kazu >>> Yorke+Juninho

He put bums on seats (more importantly, bums that wouldn't of been there anyway, new bums), got press (he was followed by hundreds of journos/cameraman which in itself qualified as a news story), and was quite effective on the park.

Culina is so great for GCU because he is a great player.
I don't think they even need a marquee to get high attendances or press. But he is worth the hefty price on quality alone.

loyalist

Jesus said:
Culina ofr GC next year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yorke for bling by about one metric shitload, and then some
i never learnt at church that jesus can see into the future

Roy Law

I'd love to have Kwasnik back; he was very much part of the Mariners ethos; occasionally brilliant (Newcastle major semi 3-0) occasionally awful (Newcastle GF) but has an incredible work rate and heaps of courgae (Sydeny 4-5); He can play wide on either flank or fill in as a striker. And he is the reason we still have Gumprecht who though a great guy, bless him, should be applying to Centrelink for an aged pension. Kwasnik provides cover in a variety of positions which is important with roster restrictions. The Phoenix hasn't worked out for him, I can only see us or Fergie having him back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred