• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Brisbane Roar FC v Central Coast Mariners

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
No goals ,Staj gets a card , fark moi
Sack Clisby, Simon, put Stensness on the bench
Etc etc ...if I gotta pick a mom I ll have to pick Kim (maybe)
RIGHTO Jair you got two weeks to get your shit together and bond properly with your mids....I hope

LFCMariners

That was one of those games where it could’ve ended up 4-0 Roar or a 2-1 win to CCM.

Defence is notably more committed than it has been probably since 2014, but clearly in need of more points via goal scorers up front. On that note, why Duric didn’t at least come on at h/t is beyond me. Could’ve come away from this game with at least a point had he been subbed on earlier.

Ozhammer

Undone again by two errors, we look like a team that needs the bye tbh. Simon is a waste of a shirt and FMD we need a more competitive LB. Kim looked good and it was great to see Duric back on the field too. Note to Staj, Stensness is not an 8 or 10. He is a decent 6 but he looks very lost any further forward.

DDS looked like he was playing either injured or was gassed early in the game not his best game for mine. Why oh why did Staj start him and Oar on their opposite wings? I know it’s a modern coaching thing but it’s generally a load of w*nk imo.

Melange

Call me crazy, but I was happier how we played for much of that game compared to the WU and the Glory games. We just lost any control around their box after we went 2 down. Too many lofted balls too close to Young.

Get Duric and Jair on and we're a different beast.

And lots of respect for Simon's role in the club's history but we have to move on. Till Jair is fit Murray makes much better leads and is actually a fantastic provider as well.

Ozhammer

The right starting line up for this game was probably the finishing side for mine, more balance and more mobility.

Ancient Mariner

Too many of our players are not individually good enough.
Our top experienced players, Oar, Kim, Milan, Galifuoco and Ziggy would probably get a run in other A-League teams but are not, (with the possible exception of Milan), the stars that can turn a game around.
Hopefully Jair can provide some class.
We have some stars in the making who we must keep.
Hopefully we can get rid of some expensive dead wood in January,. If not, it is long wait til next season.

Enough of the negatives, even though we lost, the team performance is still better than anything seen for the last few years.

booney

Hi my first post and not a happy one to start with.Very poor performance against Roar who are only a bit better than CCM,apart from Young and DWH.Starting with Simon was a big mistake-if he is there to defend corners and free kicks why play him as a striker.
Also I like Murray but really he is a good NPL player,not HAL standard.Clisby is definitely NPL standard at best and Stensness is a very good 6 but not a 10.
I am not fully convinced about Miller.However he is worth a couple of more games but must improve his passing.Desilva has improved his attitude and works hard and shows clever touches but as Kosmina said not a lot of end product.Silvera is classy but needs a proper striker to work with.Oar has had a good season but was disappointing today.
GG should have done better defending the second goal but does a lot of hard work-however at most clubs would be a valuable squad player.Kim is very good and if he had scored early the game could have been ours .Let's hope Jair can be the answer.

Insertnamehere

Hi my first post and not a happy one to start with.Very poor performance against Roar who are only a bit better than CCM,apart from Young and DWH.Starting with Simon was a big mistake-if he is there to defend corners and free kicks why play him as a striker.
Also I like Murray but really he is a good NPL player,not HAL standard.Clisby is definitely NPL standard at best and Stensness is a very good 6 but not a 10.
I am not fully convinced about Miller.However he is worth a couple of more games but must improve his passing.Desilva has improved his attitude and works hard and shows clever touches but as Kosmina said not a lot of end product.Silvera is classy but needs a proper striker to work with.Oar has had a good season but was disappointing today.
GG should have done better defending the second goal but does a lot of hard work-however at most clubs would be a valuable squad player.Kim is very good and if he had scored early the game could have been ours .Let's hope Jair can be the answer.
Welcome Booney.
Pretty well agree with everything you've said there.
Good contribution of many more I hope

Ads

I think we need to fix we are weakest and stop teams running over us at the start and at the end.
We need to control games from the midfield and start working as a team.
Based on last week + tonight’s performance I would go for gold back to the 3-5-2 or
3-5-1-1 providing all players fit and available.

———-Ziggy——Rowles——-Fox———-
DDS——Kim——Nisbit——Duric——Oar
———————-Murray————————
————————Jair—————————

FFC Mariner

Too many of our players are not individually good enough.
Our top experienced players, Oar, Kim, Milan, Galifuoco and Ziggy would probably get a run in other A-League teams but are not, (with the possible exception of Milan), the stars that can turn a game around.
Hopefully Jair can provide some class.
We have some stars in the making who we must keep.
Hopefully we can get rid of some expensive dead wood in January,. If not, it is long wait til next season.

Enough of the negatives, even though we lost, the team performance is still better than anything seen for the last few years.
Ziggy wouldnt - hopelessly at fault for the 1st goal and I reckon we can sign better (or have kept Glassock)

Insertnamehere

I think we need to fix we are weakest and stop teams running over us at the start and at the end.
We need to control games from the midfield and start working as a team.
Based on last week + tonight’s performance I would go for gold back to the 3-5-2 or
3-5-1-1 providing all players fit and available.

———-Ziggy——Rowles——-Fox———-
DDS——Kim——Nisbit——Duric——Oar
———————-Murray————————
————————Jair—————————
Dangerous using AMs as wing backs by the same token you're also relying on Kim and Duric to drop to CB if any of the CBs are pulled out of position.
I'd also personally use Nesbit at 10. And stens at 6. For this formation.

turbo

Well I just got home from the monster trucks at the show ground and I’m glad I made the decision to check the score rather than watching the recording this late. Once I saw Simon starting I knew it wouldn’t be a good night for us, whether that’s down to poor selection choices or injuries I impacting it I don’t know but it’s not good.

On paper I can’t see why we would have set up DDS - Stensness - Oar , for me DDS should be in the middle of that and Silvera should have started if fit. Leave Oar on the left where there is some familiarity with Clisby.

Bring on the bye and Jair.

Ironbark

3 losses and a highly undeserved win in the last 4 games....when do we start to worry?
The Adelaide game got me thinking this way. Even if Jair and Duric are the difference going forward our lack of genuine depth will mean it won't be consistent for the whole season. Patches of form at best.
It is still a step forward from last year (I do I hope I can still say that later in the season). It looks like the first year in that 2 year team rebuild the club said was going to happen about 4 years ago.

FFC Mariner

The Adelaide game got me thinking this way. Even if Jair and Duric are the difference going forward our lack of genuine depth will mean it won't be consistent for the whole season. Patches of form at best.
It is still a step forward from last year (I do I hope I can still say that later in the season). It looks like the first year in that 2 year team rebuild the club said was going to happen about 4 years ago.
Last season we lose all 4 and concede 15. Its not good what we are doing but its less worse.We just have to stick with it until we can shift the dead wood (Ziggy, Judas, Simon,Melling etc) and replace them with either our juniors or actual AL footballers.
As for Clisby? He would look shit at CCU's level. What a dumpster fire of a footballer he is.
Maybe Fox gets a reprieve and Rowles plays LB?
Whatever though, we have to do something and f**k Clisby off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami